This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
    I think a lot of us just kind of want this season done. I think we all feel like even if we make the playoffs, someone (or 3) is going to get injured and we'll lose by less then a TD. It's been a draining season.

Also, here's a query. If we are eliminated from the playoff race week 16, do we sit Rodgers week 17? I say abso-*******-lutely. Tell him to hit the bench. I know it's a dreary thought but just curious.
    I agree, except for the fact that Donald and Charles are running out of time.
    I guess Clifton too. So I hate to waste these years, but losing Jermichael, Grant, Tauscher, Havner, Neal, Jenkins, Barnett, Brad Jones, Poppinga, now Zombo, Derrick Martin.... it's just not meant to be for some **** reason.

In our Super Bowl years of 96 & 97, we only lost a couple of players each year to IR.

This year has been bullschit and if there is a Football God, we have the right to punch him in the mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      I'd guess Bulaga at LT and Carimi at RT, but really it could be an open competition between them before the season.
      That's what I figured, I was just unsure with Bulaga being next to Sitton on the lineup you'd posted.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
        That's what I figured, I was just unsure with Bulaga being next to Sitton on the lineup you'd posted.
        Well if we somehow got Nicks he'd be on the right, so Sitton would switch.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
          Im about done with McCarthy. Even if we do miraculously make the playoffs the same **** an mistakes that have plagued us ever since hes been here will still be around. How long has he been our coach and is yet to address some of this ****?
          Thats a tough line to walk. I'm on the fence myself but realistically we'd be in much worse shape transitioning to a new head coach and McCarthy is a much better coach than 3/4s of the teams out there have. We certainly need to clean things up, starting with the offensive line. Improve our tackling and limit the penalties would be next. I also love seeing guys play who go all out, the Ray Lewis's of the league per say, its getting to a point where I don't see any much of that around here anymore. Where's the passion for the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
            I also love seeing guys play who go all out, the Ray Lewis's of the league per say, its getting to a point where I don't see any much of that around here anymore. Where's the passion for the game?
            The only 3 guys we have like that are Barnett, Matthews, and Jenkins. And 2 of them are out hurt, and the other one, Matthews, is playing hurt.

Jolly was another one with that passion, but with him and that, we got some bad baggage as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
              The only 3 guys we have like that are Barnett, Matthews, and Jenkins. And 2 of them are out hurt, and the other one, Matthews, is playing hurt.

Jolly was another one with that passion, but with him and that, we got some bad baggage as well.
              I think DD would have to be included in that list as well. I swear when DD gets going it is usually going to be a good day for the Offense.

Comment

• The problem isn't the zone blocking scheme. The problem is that our linemen are totally incapable of moving a defender past the line of scrimmage and we consistently have at least 1 mistake every play that is a defender coming through the zone and forcing the RB to make a play before he even gets to the line of scrimmage. The Badgers run a zone blocking scheme and they have guys that can blow defenders off the ball. We run it with soft players that are happy if they don't get blown back and instead of working as a cohesive unit to build a wall, they pass the guy they should have blocked on to the lineman next to him.

I'd much rather run a zone than try to have our lineman figure out which man they have to block from 3-4 to 4-3 to 4-6 to 1-5-5 to 2-4-5 and all the crazy defensive formations defensive coordinators run today. We just need to do it with 3 new starters, a new coach, and a new training program.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                  The problem isn't the zone blocking scheme. The problem is that our linemen are totally incapable of moving a defender past the line of scrimmage and we consistently have at least 1 mistake every play that is a defender coming through the zone and forcing the RB to make a play before he even gets to the line of scrimmage. The Badgers run a zone blocking scheme and they have guys that can blow defenders off the ball. We run it with soft players that are happy if they don't get blown back and instead of working as a cohesive unit to build a wall, they pass the guy they should have blocked on to the lineman next to him.

I'd much rather run a zone than try to have our lineman figure out which man they have to block from 3-4 to 4-3 to 4-6 to 1-5-5 to 2-4-5 and all the crazy defensive formations defensive coordinators run today. We just need to do it with 3 new starters, a new coach, and a new training program.

Agreed!!! Here is to drafting Gabe Carimi in Round 1 and John Moffitt in Round 2!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                    The problem isn't the zone blocking scheme. The problem is that our linemen are totally incapable of moving a defender past the line of scrimmage.....
                    Agreed. It's the White Wall itself, not the scheme, that is the problem.
                    These guys are just a bit on the soft, passive side. I want maulers.

I think Bulaga will get there, but he's not there yet.
                    All our 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 problems really piss me off. The failed QB sneaks.... hell they cost is the Atlanta game.

Comment

• From McCarthy's presser today...I'll be shocked if Rodgers plays this sunday

he won't be practicing all week or be involved in team meetings, and a medical decision will be made on saturday. Rodgers won't even be able to study film at home. He went on talking about how Flynn will be prepared

...it doesn't look good. Can't wait for that Sunday Night game. Pack will roll into New England with Matt Flynn at QB, no Jermichael Finley and no Ryan Grant on offense. Oh boy. I feel sick
                      Last edited by BloodBrother; 12-15-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                        From McCarthy's presser today...I'll be shocked if Rodgers plays this sunday

he won't be practicing all week or be involved in team meetings, and a medical decision will be made on saturday. Rodgers won't even be able to study film at home. He went on talking about how Flynn will be prepared

...it doesn't look good. Can't wait for that Sunday Night game. Pack will roll into New England with Matt Flynn at QB, no Jermichael Finley and no Ryan Grant on offense. Oh boy. I feel sick
                        Will you feel any better when Flynn gets banged up and Graham Harrell comes in?

Comment

• Fantastic news; Vikings-Bears will be played at the U of M stadium. Outdoors in sub-zero temperature with heavy snowfall. One of the dumbest decisions ever allowed by the NFL. ANYTHING could happen in the game and multiple serious injuries for the Bears is very possible. GO VIKES! SLAM THEM AGAINST THAT FROZEN GROUND!

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Their starting QB is Joe Webb, a 6th round rookie who was drafted to play wide receiver, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Their starting QB is Joe Webb, a 6th round rookie who was drafted to play wide receiver, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
                              The Bears starting QB is Jay Cutler. In the snow. And freezing cold. On horrible field conditions. Their RB is Matt Forte. The Vikings RB is AD. Run it 50 times and very possibly win, imo.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                                The Bears starting QB is Jay Cutler. In the snow. And freezing cold. On horrible field conditions. Their RB is Matt Forte. The Vikings RB is AD. Run it 50 times and very possibly win, imo.
                                No way Childress would be smart enough to do that. Hopefully Bevell isn't as dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information