This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
    Damn, Matt Flynn will be only the 3rd QB I've ever seen start for us. So weird.

This better not become a trend. I'm used to not caring about who the backup is.
    The crazy thing is Aaron Rodgers had a 45 game streak that was 4th longest current in the NFL behind Peyton, Rivers, and someone else.

Here's to hoping we catch New England with their pants down with Rodgers out and Matt Flynn catches fire in a bottle and wins a trap game. No way am I calling this one over right now. I'm excited to see what Flynn does. He looked really good last week but nervous and caught off guard. Practicing with the 1st team and a weeks worth of mental preparation will make him a starting caliber QB if he has the confidence.

Oh by the way it's been a week and I feel even more like when Greg Jennings dropped that pass he dropped us from strong playoff chances to a hope and a prayer. If I was him I'd feel like I cost the team a post season berth.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Philly pulls off a miracle, Tampa loses in OT. Suddenly things don't look so bad.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
        Philly pulls off a miracle, Tampa loses in OT. Suddenly things don't look so bad.
        I can't remember who we wanted to win in that game, Philly or the Giants.
        Anyone remember the scoop with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          I can't remember who we wanted to win in that game, Philly or the Giants.
          Anyone remember the scoop with that?
          Didn't really matter assuming we beat the Giants next week (which we need to to even have a prayer, regardless.)

Giants, Bucs, AND Saints all lost. Wow. I do believe as of this moment we technically control our wild-card destiny. GOOO FLYYNNN!

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
            The crazy thing is Aaron Rodgers had a 45 game streak that was 4th longest current in the NFL behind Peyton, Rivers, and someone else.
            It was:
            1. Favre
            2. Manning
            3. Manning
            4. Rivers
            5. Rodgers

Of course 1 and 5 are done now.
            Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
            Didn't really matter assuming we beat the Giants next week (which we need to to even have a prayer, regardless.)

Giants, Bucs, AND Saints all lost. Wow. I do believe as of this moment we technically control our wild-card destiny. GOOO FLYYNNN!
            It was much better for us to have the Giants lose. We get to play them next week, and if we win we'll have the same record (unless Flynn magically beats New England) and we'll have the tiebreaker.

And it's nice of the Lions to help us out after last week.

All of a sudden things aren't looking as bad, but damn we could have been in complete control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

Even if we lose tonight, we will control our own destiny for the wildcard. Hopefully the Giants have all the air taken out of them for our matchup next week after giving up a three touchdown lead to the Eagles today.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• no gameday thread? don't quote me on this, but I think the Packers actually pull out a hard fought upset, 13-3. The Pats lack a pass rush, Spikes is suspended i believe, so lets test the front 7's sideline-to-sideline speed in the run game and passing game. Also, lets go back old school with quick slants, it's a zone team with DBs that play away from the receivers.

Burn the clock, keep the ball out of Flynn's hands and lets hope Collins, Williams, and Woodson can do some special stuff for us. Collins always has some big takeaways late in the season that builds momentum.
                Last edited by PACKmanN; 12-19-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  It was:
                  1. Favre
                  2. Manning
                  3. Manning
                  4. Rivers
                  5. Rodgers

Of course 1 and 5 are done now.

It was much better for us to have the Giants lose. We get to play them next week, and if we win we'll have the same record (unless Flynn magically beats New England) and we'll have the tiebreaker.

And it's nice of the Lions to help us out after last week.

All of a sudden things aren't looking as bad, but damn we could have been in complete control.
                  Yup. With the way things look now.. had we beat the Lions we probably would have only needed 1 of the last three. Now we need at least 2. Sigh.

Comment

• What's Nick Collins' status?
                    Have we lost yet another defensive stud?
                    Another safety?

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      What's Nick Collins' status?
                      Have we lost yet another defensive stud?Another safety?
                      If only that were true this season :\

Last I heard he was getting x-rays on his ribs.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                        If only that were true this season :\
                        Last I heard he was getting x-rays on his ribs.
                        Fortunately, x-rays came back negative.

Maybe we won't have to IR anyone this week!
                        Things might be turning around.

Comment

• Okay. So. The Bears win tonight and have clinched the division.

If we win our last two, we will make the playoffs as a wild card.

However, the Giants will be playing for their playoff life next week and the Bears will be playing for a bye week 17 (unless they win and the Eagles lose next week, in which case the Bears will have clinched the #2 seed thanks to head-to-head win; thusly this is the scenario we must root for as they would be very likely to rest starters.)

The key is we control our own destiny thanks to a game against the Giants this week and better tie-breakers across the board then the Bucs.

It's also possible we make the playoffs if we win this week and lose against the Bears, but we will be eliminated from contention with a loss this week.

We will play either the Eagles or Bears if we make it, although it won't be a situation of playing the Bears resting starters then full strength ala Arizona last year as the only way the Bears rest starters week 17 is if they've clinched the bye. It's more likely we play the Eagles at this point, which scares the piss out of me.

So key points;
                          Root for us.
                          Root against the Giants.
                          Root against the Eagles.
                          Root against the Bucs.

Comment

• Eagles fan here. We're not going to lose the next two games, so we'll (98% likelihood, at least) end up 12-4 and looking for a #2 seed.

We need your team to knock off the Bears in Week 17 so they'll finish with an 11-5 record and allow us to secure that playoff bye. Do we have a deal?

Comment

• just wondering what everyone else thinks, and something to discuss before the next game, but should Rodgers be placed on the IR for the rest of the season just so he doesn't suffer a 3rd concussion in such little time? It's bad weather in December and January which causes the grass to freeze, one hit and he could suffer another one(knock on wood.) We all know he isn't safe behind this teams offensive line, so why risk possibly losing a franchise qb over the playoffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                Eagles fan here. We're not going to lose the next two games, so we'll (98% likelihood, at least) end up 12-4 and looking for a #2 seed.

We need your team to knock off the Bears in Week 17 so they'll finish with an 11-5 record and allow us to secure that playoff bye. Do we have a deal?
                                Should have taken care of your own dirty work back in week 12.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information