Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Bay Packers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
    Believe it, Packers fans. In a poll of 277 NFL players for Sports Illustrated, 26% of those surveyed said Green Bay Packers fans were the most knowledgeable fans in the league.

    Way back in second place are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fourteen percent of the players said Pittsburgh had the most knowledgeable fans.

    The next three: New York, 9%; Philadelphia, 8%, and Dallas, 7%.
    They must have been reading our forums. 8)

    But I know hundreds of UN-knowledgable Packers fans, plenty of my family and plenty I have sat next to at games.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      As long as we get the LAST laugh, in February!

      BTW, YOU got an AVY & SIG to show up! Congrats.
      Blue Jays though? lol
      my raji sig wouldn't show? lol i've always been a Jays fan, hate the Marcum trade atm too.

      Comment


      • OK, obviously we need to win BOTH of our games coming up. That's a given.

        But what do we need to happen to steal the #5 seed? That would be golden to get to play at SF or at StL or at Seattle instead of at Chicago.

        I reckon we need the Saints to lose both games. That would drop them to 10-6, tie with us.

        But that would give Tampax Bay a win in week 17 so they'd have 10 also with us and the Saints (assuming the Bucs beat Seattle this week).

        Do we need Seattle to upset them?

        Who do I need to root for?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          OK, obviously we need to win BOTH of our games coming up. That's a given.

          But what do we need to happen to steal the #5 seed? That would be golden to get to play at SF or at StL or at Seattle instead of at Chicago.

          I reckon we need the Saints to lose both games. That would drop them to 10-6, tie with us.

          But that would give Tampax Bay a win in week 17 so they'd have 10 also with us and the Saints (assuming the Bucs beat Seattle this week).

          Do we need Seattle to upset them?

          Who do I need to root for?
          If Green Bay wins its final two games, and the Saints lose their remaining two games, then the Packers would get the 5th seed.

          Assuming all four teams (NYG, GB, NO, TB) finish 10-6, the Packers would win all the tiebreakers. They would have the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Giants and they would hold strength-of-victory tiebreakers over the Saints and Bucs.

          So to get the number 5 seed, the Packers need the Saints to lose out. Whatever Tampa Bay does this week is irrelevant.

          Comment


          • Okay, I'm getting really ******* nervous now. C'mon Pack.

            Afternoon game, too, so going to make us sweat it out.

            Loss and we are out of contention; win and we need to win next week, as the other two relevant games will be going on at the same time.


            When being a fanboi goes too far.

            Comment


            • This game has been getting hyped up like it's the only game getting played since Tuesday. I'm terrified. I'd be happier if ESPN swept it under the rug a little bit. I'm getting doubts, like it's too important of a game for us to win or something.

              Thanks to BK for the sig

              Comment


              • It looks highly likely that if we make the playoffs we face the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field. I would love that match up and feel confident about it. The other option would be the Eagles, a team I would rather not see in the playoffs. Check the JSOnline sports blog for the complete break down.

                Thanks to BK for the sig

                Comment


                • Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                  It looks highly likely that if we make the playoffs we face the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field. I would love that match up and feel confident about it. The other option would be the Eagles, a team I would rather not see in the playoffs. Check the JSOnline sports blog for the complete break down.
                  How about we just win today seeing thats the only game that matters right now :\

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                    How about we just win today seeing thats the only game that matters right now :\
                    I understand what you're saying and that's what the players should be thinking about but I'm not personally hurting the team any by looking ahead. The players have to think about the next game, the next play only. I can speculate however the hell I want without negative consequences (especially since I'm writing in a thread that maybe 25 people max will read and not a newspaper that would actually get some attention).

                    Thanks to BK for the sig

                    Comment


                    • Well.

                      Time to put up or shut up next week. Gotta beat the Bears to even have a favorable chance of advancing.

                      Does Chicago ease up and get ready for the Playoffs, or do they play for a higher seed?

                      Comment


                      • good game guys, you handed our asses to us.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                          Well.

                          Time to put up or shut up next week. Gotta beat the Bears to even have a favorable chance of advancing.

                          Does Chicago ease up and get ready for the Playoffs, or do they play for a higher seed?
                          I don't see any way Chicago lays down against GB. I do think that we will have more energy going into the game. My biggest worry is that we get over confident after this huge win. Also, Julius Peppers.

                          Thanks to BK for the sig

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                            Well.

                            Time to put up or shut up next week. Gotta beat the Bears to even have a favorable chance of advancing.

                            Does Chicago ease up and get ready for the Playoffs, or do they play for a higher seed?
                            Well, we pray Minny pulls out a miracle against Philly, which I believe would clinch the Bears as the #2. Also want Atlanta to win, or the Bears could still play starters going for the #1 seed.

                            Most likely the Bears come in gunning for the 1, 2, or 3 seed in the NFC but don't really play as aggressively as we do. Gotta love the matchup of our WRs against their DBs and vice versa, plus their running game is nothing to be scared of. That said, our special teams versus theirs gives them a huge chance in any game against us. Might be the best in the league versus the worst in the league in that aspect of the game.

                            I think you need to come into the game with the mentality that once you pass that 50 yard line, it's either go for it on 4th or field goal. Don't even let Hester see a punter.


                            When being a fanboi goes too far.

                            Comment


                            • We cover pretty well on special teams except for a few rare instances. We can't return worth a damn but unless the weather is really bad I wouldn't be too afraid of Hester.

                              Thanks to BK for the sig

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                                We cover pretty well on special teams except for a few rare instances. We can't return worth a damn but unless the weather is really bad I wouldn't be too afraid of Hester.
                                Are you serious? I need to look up the stat, but I'm 98% sure we're bottom 5 for avg. starting position after kickoffs.


                                When being a fanboi goes too far.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information