Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthews big sack on Sanchez at a critical point in the game this year was one that the whole sports bar yelled the loudest.

This was all hustle and effort. If we had 11 Matthews, we're 19-0 every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
      Chasing down Bradshaw with a 6 yard moving head start from a stand still for a forced fumble trumps it no question. Bradshaw was wiggling and not in a straight line but Kolb is just a wimpy quarterback. I loved the hustle on this play more than anything. Most players would have given up. Clay looked like he turned on 4.4 speed.
      woulda been more impressive if he actually chased down Bradshaw, but that was big fat slow Brandon Jacobs.
      JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
        Eh, that's gonna happen when a player starts playing late in the season when everybody else has been in game shape for weeks.
        or when it's Atari Bigby at any point he's ever been on a football field.
        JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
          or when it's Atari Bigby at any point he's ever been on a football field.
          Yeah, what are Bigby's muscles made out of?

Comment

• Who here loves Donald Driver?
            This guy needs a ring on his finger before he retires!!!!!!

Comment

• They did a recent writeup also, explaining "Big Win %" and mixing that with the "luck" factor.

http://community.advancednflstats.co...-playoffs.html

A snippet from the article:

Yet on reflection it shouldn't have been -- nothing else seems possible, given a key fact reported on this site: half of all NFL games are decided by luck.

Say a 10-6 record is needed to make the playoffs and two teams do it. In each's 16-game schedule eight games are determined by luck and eight by merit. Team A is a bit lucky and two of its "luck" games switch to wins, so it goes 6-2 in them (instead of 4-4). In its "merit" games it need go only 4-4, 50%, for its 10-6. But Team B is a bit unlucky and two of its "luck" games switch to losses, so it goes 2-6 in them. It has to be powerful enough to go 8-0 in its "merit" games, 100%, to get to 10-6.

Head-to-head, Team B should score 75% against Team A in spite of their equal 10-6 records, because on the merits it is a 100-0 team playing a 50-50 team. (In four games versus A it should go 2-0 on merit and 1-1 on luck.)

And this points to something else: As Team B, much the better team, did worse in close games but better in one-sided ones, it is success not in close games but in one-sided games (those determined "on merit") that predicts success in the playoffs. Among teams with equal records, those that win more one-sided games and lose more close games will do better in the post season.
              The article defines the Packers as this years "Team B," having more wins based on merit than on luck. After 14 games played, Green Bay ranked 3rd in big win % while Chicago is tied for 12th with Atlanta.
              What it boils down to is, despite the w/l record, this is a damn good, tough football team. We can do some damage in the post season, starting by winning this week against a very solid Bears team.

Comment

• pro bowl rosters out...and it again shows why it has become a worthless "accomplishment" since half the people who make it don't deserve to.

5 packers made it(Jennings, Clifton, Matthews, Woodson, and Collins)... yet the 3 most deserving guys on the team did not. Woodson and Collins got in based on name recognition. Tramon should have been in over both and it's only because he isn't well known that he was left off this year. No CB is playing better than him in the NFC, none. B.J. Raji also should have made it, as well as Rodgers, obviously.

Comment

• Tramon Williams and Aaron Rodgers are first alternates. Josh Sitton, BJ Raji, AJ Hawk, and Donald Driver are other alternates.

Comment

• Jay Ratliff making it over BJ Raji is the worst of all the travesties.
                    Ratliff sucks except rushing the passer, and Raji has outdone him there this year by far. And Dallas sucks, we're good, and we beat Dallas 45-7. Raji was a 1st round draft pick as well.
                    Pathetic.

And as I posted in the main Pro Bowl thread, Brees making it ahead of Rodgers is worse than Ryan.

But Brees won a Super Bowl, is the 2010 Sports Illustrated Person of the Year, he saved the city of New Orleans. Oh, he's doubled up on Rodgers in Ints too, I think 21-to-10 for Brees.

Two Giants OL making it and no Sitton is horses**t as well. I didn't see any Giants Pro Bowlers Sunday.

SIDENOTE: HOW BOUT THOSE VIKINGS.... they now take a 17-7 lead into the 4th quarter at Philly. If they can avoid choking it away, that would clinch the #2 seed for the Bears, which will make them mentally let down a little this week against us. Not sure if Lovie will rest guys too.... but mentally, they might lose a tiny edge.

And that would mean we'd play at Philly in the WC game, not at Chicago.

The Vikings defense is crushing Vick tonight. I like our chances there being able to gameplan for Vick, esp if Cullen Jenkins is back... anyway, come on Vikes, hang on.

Comment

• The Bears would still have a (very) outside shot at the #1 seed, but that will be determined just before our game starts.

And I definitely rather see Philly pull this out and take the #2 seed. **** the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        The Bears would still have a (very) outside shot at the #1 seed, but that will be determined just before our game starts.

And I definitely rather see Philly pull this out and take the #2 seed. **** the Bears.
                        Wow. But dude, I'd rather we have a gimme.

Chances are the Bears rest their starters now. Unless CAROLINA beats ATLANTA AT ATLANTA BEFORE OUR GAME STARTS, the Bears are locked as the #2 seed.

**** YES!!! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!! No WAY they play Urlacher, Peppers, Cutler at Lambeau in January. No way.

It's also nice because you have to think if we get up big by half they'll pull Rodgers and Matthews.
                        Last edited by Sportsfan486; 12-29-2010, 12:41 AM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• I'm not just looking to get into the playoffs, I want to win in the playoffs. I'd rather play the Bears at full strength this week if it meant we got to play them again rather than the Eagles. Although the Eagles aren't looking too tough after tonight.

Comment

• I dont think Chicago is going to rollover. They hate us, we hate them. They would love to knock us out of the playoffs and they'll practice all week with the mindset they could be playing for the #1 seed.

We should win since we have a lot more on the line, and I'm assuming Atlanta will win. But, I don't think it's a gimme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                              I dont think Chicago is going to rollover. They hate us, we hate them. They would love to knock us out of the playoffs and they'll practice all week with the mindset they could be playing for the #1 seed.

We should win since we have a lot more on the line, and I'm assuming Atlanta will win. But, I don't think it's a gimme.
                              Yeah, I can't really see Lovie Smith deciding to roll over for the Packers.

While I really didn't want to have to play Philadelphia in the first round, the silver lining is that they looked terrible against Minnesota.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                                I dont think Chicago is going to rollover. They hate us, we hate them. They would love to knock us out of the playoffs and they'll practice all week with the mindset they could be playing for the #1 seed.

Atlanta hadn't lost a home game since week 16 and have to feel bitter about that. Let's just hope the starters are playing till at least halftime

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information