Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think as packer fans we need to start realizing how great of a coack olb coach greene is and how hes taken week in week out no name olb and made them great at keeping contain on run plays and still able to rush the passer. im starting to think its because of him that clay has become so good i think give zombo or someone like him another year with greene and we will be deadly on the outside he deserves a coach of the year within the organization

Comment

• Is Cullen Jenkins for sure coming back next week? That would be a huge boost for our pass rush, especially with the job of containing Vick coming up next wekk.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
        Is Cullen Jenkins for sure coming back next week? That would be a huge boost for our pass rush, especially with the job of containing Vick coming up next wekk.
        Supposedly he will be ready for the playoffs.

Comment

• Gotta give McCarthy and his staff credit...they really fixed the penalty problem this season. That was one of the main things that his regime seemed to struggle with

*Green Bay’s 78 penalties on the season are the fewest in franchise annals since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978. The previous low was 80 penalties in 1983 and 2001.
          78 penalties on the season, and 18 of those were that one game debacle against Chicago. Take that out, and they averaged 4 penalties per game in the other 15.

Also, with all the guys who keep contributing, its a credit to the program and coaching of McCarthy and the rest of the staff. The team has had a lot of turnover as far as talent goes this season, and yet we keep getting guys playing well and knowing their assignments. Howard Green has been a great pick-up, and Walden has shown promise. Peprah is playing very well, and so on. Hah, I know a few weeks ago I went on a drunken rant about how McCarthy has to go, but the guy has really done a good job, especially this season. Pack now have a great trade piece in Matt Flynn, to, thanks to McCarthy's QB school. They really developed him well and he is definitely starter material in the NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
            78 penalties on the season, and 18 of those were that one game debacle against Chicago. Take that out, and they averaged 4 penalties per game in the other 15.
            and take bulaga out and they were probably averaging like 2 a game
            JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
              and take bulaga out and they were probably averaging like 2 a game
              That **** pisses me off so much. I fear he's another overrated U of Iowa lineman. I'm afraid he's just a guy.
              Rodger Stafford has been a lot better this year for the Rams, and at Left Tackle.

Clifton, all in all, did a great job on Peppers last night. Had we contained Peppers like that the first time around, we win that game.

Anyway, the Roadmap to Dallas starts in Philly! No Brandon Graham, and quite a few other guys right? They've lost a few good guys. Trent Cole is still solid though. I think we should be able to burn Asante Samuel on a few bites.

Comment

• How much would you all love a Packers vs Pats rematch in the Super Bowl with Rodgers instead of Flynn? And yeah, I just came a little.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                  How much would you all love a Packers vs Pats rematch in the Super Bowl with Rodgers instead of Flynn? And yeah, I just came a little.
                  Just a little?

Comment

• (The Packers had the ninth most difficult schedule [.520] based on final 2010 standings and the most difficult of any team that made the playoffs)
                    From the JS Online blog.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Who covers DeSean? Chuck (PBHN) Woodson?
                      Depends on where he lines up. If he's in the slot it'll be Woodson, if he's on the outside Williams will probably take him.

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                      From the JS Online blog.
                      We had the toughest strength of schedule of any team .500 or better. The crappy teams have inflated strength of schedules because they're the ones giving away the wins.

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                      No, you have to put Woodson on Jackson. Don't try to run with him, beat the hell out of him at the line of scrimmage and get him frustrated.
                      No, if we're in a two CB formation I'd put Williams on Jackson and let Woodson shut down Maclin. Williams has more speed and has been the better cover corner this year. If we're in nickel Woodson should take him in the slot and Williams if he's on the outside. I do not want Shields on Jackson ever. He might be as fast or faster than Jackson, but he's going to get beat badly if Jackson can make one cut.

Woodson will be blitzing a lot again this week like he did against the Bears. Corner blitzes work great against Vick, and if he can escape a bit Woodson will be able to chase him down. We'll probably play the whole game in nickel like we did the first week of the season. That gives us the best match ups with Vick in there. It allows us to use Woodson as basically a third safety.

Comment

• Flashback, way back.

Way back, 2004: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                          From the JS Online blog.
                          Makes this season even more impressive. Tough schedule + having a lot of their key guys go down with injury and they still found a way to get to the playoffs

Comment

• McCarthy has a few issues with Rodgers, offense

Wow... Umm Mik, you're the one calling the plays. The players can only try to execute what you want to call. Doesn't help when you abandon the run after the 1st series of a game either. I give Rodgers alot of credit for being able to work behind a shaky offensive line and no run game. And how many times have we seen Rodgers auidible into a run play? Even he knows you can't pass every down.

Comment

• YES! YES!

Desmond Bishop was just extended. Breaking news. 4 yr/19 million. Don't know how the deal breaks out, what is guaranteed, etc

what a ****** deal! So stoked about this.
                              Last edited by BloodBrother; 01-04-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                                McCarthy has a few issues with Rodgers, offense

Wow... Umm Mik, you're the one calling the plays. The players can only try to execute what you want to call. Doesn't help when you abandon the run after the 1st series of a game either. I give Rodgers alot of credit for being able to work behind a shaky offensive line and no run game. And how many times have we seen Rodgers auidible into a run play? Even he knows you can't pass every down.

I don't have a problem with this. I like how he both praises, and yet criticizes Rodgers. I take it as him challenging/motivating Rodgers

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information