X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
    YES! YES!

Desmond Bishop was just extended. Breaking news. 4 yr/19 million. Don't know how the deal breaks out, what is guaranteed, etc
    what a ****** deal! So stoked about this.
    The Green Bay Packers signed linebacker Desmond Bishop to a four-year, $19 million contract extension, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

I still think Barnett will be the odd man out this off-season.
    Hawk will be restructured/extended.

Comment

I don't have a problem with this. I like how he both praises, and yet criticizes Rodgers. I take it as him challenging/motivating Rodgers
      Exactly. You have to keep some criticism coming in small amounts, can't let his head get too big, etc.

Comment

• love to have Bishop locked up and hopefully Barnett is cut loose

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• AJ Hawk really took control of the defense, and their play improved dramatically. They still would need to restructure his deal if he were to stay, though

really tough decision on who they would cut loose or try to use as trade bait. Him or Barnett. Poppinga is due for I think 2.5 mill in 2011, but I think he's as good as gone with the other cheap OLB options stepping up(Zombo/Walden) and they could add another OLB via the draft

Still got Jenkins to re-sign, and James Jones(don't even care if they bring him back)

Comment

• I think James Jones should go someplace warm; he has had a lot of drops when the weather turns cold and the ball is wet.

Glad to see Bishop back, but does this make him our highest paid ILB?

Comment

• Not even close. Hawk/Barnett are making more, and I think Chillar may be, to

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                love to have Bishop locked up and hopefully Barnett is cut loose
                My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                  My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.
                  Bigby & Jenkins have been getting banged up too much also. Atari will be gone, but we need Jenkins. But he needs to stay on the field.

Chillar is making too much money. I'd rather trade him and keep Barnett and Hawk. But that's unlikely as Eugene Kane being honest is.

Anyone know the terms of Barnett's contract? Is he tradeable?
                  Hawk will sign a long-term extension to bring his cap # down.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                    He's had two serious season ending injuries. Other than that he's been very healthy throughout his career. It's not like Bigby who keeps getting nagging injuries, or Harrell who throws out his back in the weight room. Getting two season ending injuries more unlucky than a durability concern.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    Chillar is making too much money. I'd rather trade him and keep Barnett and Hawk. But that's unlikely as Eugene Kane being honest is.
                    Chillar will make $2 million next year. There's absolutely no reason to move him regardless of what happens with the other three.

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                    AJ Hawk really took control of the defense, and their play improved dramatically.
                    I think people have been giving Hawk a little too much credit. He's really stepped up his play this year, but a healthy Nick Barnett is still better.

James Jones(don't even care if they bring him back)
                    Well that's just dumb. Jones is a starting WR in this league, and it's going to be for the Packers as soon as next year.

Comment

Not even close. Hawk/Barnett are making more, and I think Chillar may be, to
                      i know of Hawks' 10 million figure, but Chillar is making about 2 million and Barnett 3-3.5, so i'm pretty sure Bishops numbers are bigger.

Before Hawk stepped up as a leader, I would have never wanted to drop Barnett, but i still believe Barnett is the heart of this defense and would keep him over Hawk.

Comment

• Hawk is very mehhhh doesn't do much for me. To bad Barnett wasnt able to play this year, if he was the decision would be much easier. It seems many people have forgotten about him an are now all about AJ. I dont understand it really.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                          Hawk is very mehhhh doesn't do much for me. To bad Barnett wasnt able to play this year, if he was the decision would be much easier. It seems many people have forgotten about him an are now all about AJ. I dont understand it really.
                          Hawk is old reliable. He makes tackles, he handles blockers, he'll do okay in coverage. He almost never makes a big play but he makes all the little ones. Combined with the more playmaking Hawk and Des, it's something good to have.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            He's had two serious season ending injuries. Other than that he's been very healthy throughout his career. It's not like Bigby who keeps getting nagging injuries, or Harrell who throws out his back in the weight room. Getting two season ending injuries more unlucky than a durability concern.
                            Doesn't matter to me, its all the same. You have to be available and 29 of 58 games isn't being available to me.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            Bigby & Jenkins have been getting banged up too much also. Atari will be gone, but we need Jenkins. But he needs to stay on the field.
                            Its probably why Jenkins hasn't been extended yet. I agree his talent is undeniable but at some point you have to consider what you're going to be back in your investment.
                            Last edited by cvv84; 01-04-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Anyone ever hear how Finely was doing? I know he got an infection and was really sick so hopefully things are going well now. Since he got hurt are TE's have did about nothing in the receiving game. Really miss the guy hes a beast.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Doesn't matter to me, its all the same. You have to be available and 29 of 58 games isn't being available to me.
                                There's a difference. It's not nagging injuries that keep recurring. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have injuries as Barnett.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information