X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    H
    Well that's just dumb. Jones is a starting WR in this league, and it's going to be for the Packers as soon as next year.
    He is an UFA right? He is too inconsistent and I don't care if they bring him back or not

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
      He is an UFA right? He is too inconsistent and I don't care if they bring him back or not
      That's ridiculous. You don't let receivers like him walk. And I've seen that garbage about him being inconsistent on JSOnline too. He's currently the 3rd WR on a team that goes four deep, of course he's not going to be getting 70 yards every single week. Put him on a team like the Rams and he's a number one receiver and would consistently produce.

Comment

• I like James but he seems to have butterfingers especially on some crucial plays. Then again Greg had a huge drop this week and againist the Lions which resulted in a pick.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

That's ridiculous. You don't let receivers like him walk. And I've seen that garbage about him being inconsistent on JSOnline too. He's currently the 3rd WR on a team that goes four deep, of course he's not going to be getting 70 yards every single week. Put him on a team like the Rams and he's a number one receiver and would consistently produce.
          by inconsistent I mean that he has flashes of brilliance, and the skill is obviously there, but for whatever reason the dude seems to have trouble with drops and fumbles, and is lazy when it comes to jumpballs. I wasn't talking about yardage/td production

Comment

There's a difference. It's not nagging injuries that keep recurring. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have injuries as Barnett.
            I know what you mean already, it doesn't make a difference.

Comment

• Walden was named NFC Defensive player of the week.

http://blog.packers.com/2011/01/05/w...r-of-the-week/

Not bad for a guy who was looking for a team in the middle of the season

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Packers signed LS Brett Goode to a two-year, $1.6 million extension through 2012.

I like our approach so far in getting our free agents locked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                  by inconsistent I mean that he has flashes of brilliance, and the skill is obviously there, but for whatever reason the dude seems to have trouble with drops and fumbles, and is lazy when it comes to jumpballs. I wasn't talking about yardage/td production
                  Jones has three fumbles this year. It's not like he has some crazy number where he fumbles all the time. That's more than you'd like, but it's not something to be overly concerned about. Jordy Nelson also has 3 this year, and you never hear anything said about him, Greg Jennings has two this year and Driver has one. The fact that he had the one to lose the Bears game is what's sticking in people's minds, making it seem like a bigger problem than it is. In 2008 and 2009 he didn't have a single fumble either, so it's not like it's always a problem with him. As for drops, I don't have the stats for that, but I bet Jennings and Driver are close or even have more than he does.

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                  I know what you mean already, it doesn't make a difference.
                  Alright, so why bring it up. It doesn't matter.

Comment

Jones has three fumbles this year. It's not like he has some crazy number where he fumbles all the time. That's more than you'd like, but it's not something to be overly concerned about. Jordy Nelson also has 3 this year, and you never hear anything said about him, Greg Jennings has two this year and Driver has one. The fact that he had the one to lose the Bears game is what's sticking in people's minds, making it seem like a bigger problem than it is. In 2008 and 2009 he didn't have a single fumble either, so it's not like it's always a problem with him. As for drops, I don't have the stats for that, but I bet Jennings and Driver are close or even have more than he does.

I remember 2 fumbles in the Bears game in 09; I have a problem with his hands when the weather turns cold. He could be a very good wideout for a team that plays somewhere warm and he doesn't have to worry about catching wet balls.

Comment

Being healthy doesn't matter? Keep repeating yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        I remember 2 fumbles in the Bears game in 09; I have a problem with his hands when the weather turns cold. He could be a very good wideout for a team that plays somewhere warm and he doesn't have to worry about catching wet balls.
                        Jones fumbled 2 times in the 07 season, at home, vs the Bears in October on primetime, both in the first half, back to back possessions in the red zone.

It kept the score from being about 35-7 to only like 21-10 or something, and then we lost in the 2nd half. One of our 3 losses that season.

I like him, but he's had bad moments in Bears games since entering the league. More evidence of the Bears luck. (No really, they teach a special way of stripping the football that no other team does).

Comment

That was 2007, his rookie year, the first week of October. Every WR is going to fumble sometimes. Jones had has two seasons with three and two with none. Jordy Nelson has 3 fumbles each of the past two years no one ever brings up his fumbling problems. Jones' might fumble slightly more than the average WR, but it's not that much of a difference.

According to this he had 6 dropped passes, which tied for 24th in the NFL. As I thought, Donald Driver is ahead of him with 7. No one ever gets on Driver for his hands. And I'll definitely put up with 6 drops for the 50 that he caught. Look at the other players on those lists, a lot of notable names. You don't part with a receiver because of a few drops. I don't buy the whole he can't play in cold weather argument either. I couldn't find any stats that break down the drops by each game, but I doubt there's much of a difference between warm and cold.

Both announcers and JSOnline have gotten on him for him being inconsistent, and I do think that's the reason some fans are now thinking that too, but there's not a whole lot to back that up.

Honestly it's completely ridiculous to not care if he's back or not. The only reason he wouldn't be back is if his price gets way too high. Other teams are going to see his value and there will be plenty of suitors. Unless his market price is extremely unreasonable he needs to be brought back.

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                          Being healthy doesn't matter? Keep repeating yourself.
                          No, their past injury history doesn't matter. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have a season ending injury as Barnett is. I've already explained that. I shouldn't have to keep repeating myself, but apparently I do.

Comment

• Gotta have Jones back next year, love the guy. Guaranteed he would flourish as a number one in a lot of offenses. Same with Kuhn, gotta keep him. TT could probably afford to get rid of Korey Hall, I like him, but he is hurt quite a bit, and he is not nearly as dynamic as Kuhn or as massive as Quinn.

Cullen Jenkins is a beast but I am just not sure if TT keeps him, I hope he does but I feel that with Neal coming back and Wilson getting some reps and maybe adding another young guy in the draft, the Pack could probably go without Cullen.

I really hope Johnny Jolly has kept himself in shape, I would like to see the Pack give him a second chance. I think a year away from football should be enough to keep him from drinkin that purple drank....I hope... I think an in shape Jolly would make a lot of people forget about Cullen.

Comment

• I wouldn't dump Cullen for a 50/50 Jolly, Neal, and Wilson. Cullen was our best d-linemen before the injury. Raji stepped up, but there is no replace Cullen.

Comment

I wouldn't dump Cullen for a 50/50 Jolly, Neal, and Wilson. Cullen was our best d-linemen before the injury. Raji stepped up, but there is no replace Cullen.
                                Raji has grown into his potential, which is much more then simply "stepping up."

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information