This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    Both announcers and JSOnline have gotten on him for him being inconsistent, and I do think that's the reason some fans are now thinking that too, but there's not a whole lot to back that up.

Honestly it's completely ridiculous to not care if he's back or not. The only reason he wouldn't be back is if his price gets way too high. Other teams are going to see his value and there will be plenty of suitors. Unless his market price is extremely unreasonable he needs to be brought back.

I'm not basing my thoughts based on JSOnline, etc. Something about Jones just doesn't sit right with me. He obviously has the talent but it's like he doesn't show up on certain plays, etc, as if he's not giving 100%. I assume with a bigger role(replacing DD) he could step up and blossom. As far as letting him go or bring him back, I'm more apathetic to it. Obviously, if he agrees to return on a very reasonable deal, I'd be for it. I just think he's probably the 5th or 6th priority as far as impending FA's go on this club. They already locked up the top priority in Tramon. JEnkins would be next. I don't expect them to bring Bigby or Colledge back. I think they will re-sign Jackson to

Comment

• I'm old enough to remember Sterling Sharpe and his whole Packer career.
      He had a bad problem with drops early in his career.
      But because he was the starter and the #1-guy, and a great receiver, he got a ton of balls and put up big numbers... and eventually cut down on his drops.

Gruden and some others compared Jones to Sharpe when we drafted him.

I hope, and believe, that if Jones were to get more passes his way, he'd cut down on his drops..... actually his drops aren't that much of a problem to me. It's the 3 huge fumbles in Bears games that have killed us. Two games. That's concentration, as Tiki Barber and Adrian Peterson showed. They learned to cut down on their cough ups.

Jones still refuses to carry the ball in the correct arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        No, their past injury history doesn't matter. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have a season ending injury as Barnett is. I've already explained that. I shouldn't have to keep repeating myself, but apparently I do.
        Maybe to you. I don't care if they're fluke injuries or whatever. Injuries are injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
          Maybe to you. I don't care if they're fluke injuries or whatever. Injuries are injuries.
          You're not understanding this concept at all are you...you're evaluating a players present talent based upon his past injuries, ones which we have already established as being irrelevant going forward.
          Last edited by Boston; 01-06-2011, 07:51 PM.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• I can't interpret the argument you guys are having there back and forth, but I have to say some guys just for some reason, seem to get hurt a lot, while some guys, like Emmitt Smith, Marcus Allen, AJ Hawk, Kevin Williams, somehow seem to avoid injuries.

Will Blackmon, Atari Bigby, Cullen Jenkins.... those guys always are hurt one way or another. Nick Barnett has been too the past 3 years.

Now, it must be pointed out that Charles Woodson was as injury-prone as anyone when the Raiders let him leave in 2006, and I feel we have been A) luck as hell with him staying available and B) fans have totally taken that fact for granted.

So Charles has shown that a once-injury prone guy can turn it around and stay healthier, even as he's gotten old.
            But that's pretty rare, and so is Charles as a talent.

Comment

• It's 90% luck. Barring guys who keep reinjuring the same way, it's kind of just luck of the draw. Obviously certain positions put certain areas of the body in more risk, but player to player it's mainly who lucks out.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• But seriously, which 2 out of the 3 in question are the most talented?

Comment

• I think that proper technique is a non-trivial factor influencing whether guys are injury-prone or not.

I've watched some linebackers play sloppy and take poor angles, which led to concussions or sprains or dislocated shoulders. They're otherwise solid players, but for whatever reason, they take risky angles during tackles.

Some players just have a knack, or an instinct, for taking exactly the right angle during a tackle (LB) or during a run (RB) to minimize the stress on the body. AJ Hawk is probably one of those guys.

Comment

• Wow, very sad... the Lions and Vikings boards have had more and recent discussion today than we have.
                    Draft > Playoffs?

Anyway, here's McCarthy's press conference from today. I like what he's saying, to be honest. I hope it has an effect.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=2895

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      Wow, very sad... the Lions and Vikings boards have had more and recent discussion today than we have.
                      Draft > Playoffs?

Anyway, here's McCarthy's press conference from today. I like what he's saying, to be honest. I hope it has an effect.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=2895
                      Not much else to talk about. Time for us to put up or shut up. :( RODGERS PLZ DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE QBS WHO DOESN'T WIN PLAYOFF GAMES.

Comment

• Mike McCarthy:

"Yes, we elected our playoff captains. It’s a tradition here in Green Bay. On offense, Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings were elected. This is clearly from the other players in the locker room. On defense, it’s Charles Woodson and A.J. Hawk, and on special teams Mason Crosby and Jarrett Bush.

I think it’s a tremendous honor. I know for A.J. and Greg Jennings and Jarrett Bush, this is their first time. They will wear the ‘C’ in the Philadelphia Eagles game, and they will also participate in the coin toss. We have the tradition of having weekly captains, but this is something that’s voted on by the team, and it shows a lot of respect and I know every individual is proud of it."

Comment

• Bush has definitely improved over the years. Probably won't become a solid CB, but he has really been great on ST.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                            Bush has definitely improved over the years. Probably won't become a solid CB, but he has really been great on ST.
                            I threw up a little bit. He has become a great gunner, though.

Comment

• i used to hate bush much more than i do now. I mean all the blown coverages/screw ups are hard to forget but the mistakes havent happened as much this season. Its nice to know Bush has the respect of his peers, but im s0o glad we found shields.

On Andrew Luck
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                                You're not understanding this concept at all are you...you're evaluating a players present talent based upon his past injuries, ones which we have already established as being irrelevant going forward.
                                No, I actually know what he's saying and I don't agree with him. Do you not understand that concept either?

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                                Bush has definitely improved over the years. Probably won't become a solid CB, but he has really been great on ST.
                                Amazing what happens when you leave a player at one position. Lets hope they keep that going with the offensive line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information