This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
    What makes you think that? Granted, it was a scary hit but he bit his tongue and was bleeding. Other than that he seemed fine.
    I think what makes him and many others think that is that Rodgers threw a lot of passes into the ground instead of the receivers arms. Even short 5 yard passes went 3 yards into the turf.... to Crabtree on 3rd & 1.

It wasn't the Rodgers we normally see.

The final TEN possessions/drives we had, Rodgers passer rating was 25.

That's Ryan Leaf territory, and they weren't a bunch of dropped passes. They were a lot of bad passes.
    The only other time he has looked like that was in Washington, when he possibly suffered a concussion on a QB sneak midway thru the game, and after that his performance fell off.

Greg A Bedard did a good piece about that back then in week 5.

SWEET NEW ISSUE THIS WEEK. I better get that down here in Dallas dammit! I usually get screwed and get the Texas or Saints editions on these regional covers like these. We're closer to GB than Pittsburgh!

Last edited by J-Mike88; 01-25-2011, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
      How 'bout those Green Bay Packers, fellas!!!! I'm super stoked, but we've got our work cut out for us against the Steelers for sure. I plan on milking the next few weeks for all they're worth though. One thing I've learned after many years of being an avid sports fan is that these opportunities come along all too infrequently, even if it seems like you're primed to be there year after year there's no guarantees. Enjoy it fellas, the future's bright but it'll never be brighter than right now! Go! Pack! Go!

Wow, long time no see.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
        Trgovac and Moss might move on. Trvgovac was a DC already and a decent one at that, but I do remember him saying when he came here that he enjoyed taking a teaching position instead of co-ordinating which was more stressful and less fun for him. I hope he stays, he just has to decide what he values. Moss seems to have head coaching aspirations so I think he'll move up the ladder whenever the opportunity is there.
        Moss holds the assistant head coach title, so unless it's for a head coaching job we don't have to let other teams talk to him.

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
        Eagles look like the main threat now. Of course, other teams with these new staffs might pluck some position coaches from the Pack
        Unless it's for a promotion (eg: position coach to coordinator) I'm pretty sure they can't if the coach is still under contract.

Comment

• http://www.ehow.com/list_6742856_nfl...t-coaches.html

The NFL does not differentiate between levels of assistant coaches in its rules regarding their availability to interview with other teams. Whether the coach is a defensive line coach or an offensive coordinator, the rules are the same. If a team wishes to interview an assistant coach who is still under contract with another team for its head coaching position, the current team is required to give permission for the interview as long as it happens between the end of the team's season and March 1. After March 1, teams can still ask, but the current team is not obligated to give permission.
          bow ties are

Comment

• Haha, ehow was your source that kind of made me laugh. McCarthy has the final say on whether or not an assistant coach can leave if I remember correct, and he definately wouldn't let a position coach go to another team and be the same position coach.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• It is tough to find a more official source. Tons of results on the Rooney rule. Not so much on the general rules for assistants.
              bow ties are

Comment

• Here is another one, but not sure it is any more reputable than eHow

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/201...-to-hiring-nfl
                bow ties are

Comment

• That's to become a head coach. They actually can't talk to any assistant coaches for any position other than head coach without permission. Usually teams won't block it if it's for a promotion, although we did when the Bears wanted Tom Clements for their offensive coordinator (forgot about that earlier even though I was just talking about that on here the other day). That was because it was a division rival though. We would allow Trgovac to get another coordinator job, but there's no way we would allow another team to interview our assistants for the same position.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Moss holds the assistant head coach title, so unless it's for a head coaching job we don't have to let other teams talk to him.

Unless it's for a promotion (eg: position coach to coordinator) I'm pretty sure they can't if the coach is still under contract.
                    Chris Farely voice "that is correct"

Moss being the assistant HC doesn't matter though, he could still be offered a coordinators job. Also unless an assistant coach is in the final year of their contract the Packers have to grant a team permission to speak to them.
                    Last edited by cvv84; 01-25-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Yeah that was over in the Falcons offseason thread. Clements would probably be in line to be promoted to OC if someone wanted to hire Philbin, but despite the offensive success Philbin doesn't appear to have much buzz. Obviously because everyone knows McCarthy calls the plays. Would suck to lose Clements considering how well he seems to work with Rodgers. He actually had some success as an OC in Buffalo too.
                      bow ties are

Comment

• No one cares about our OC because all he does is collect stats and numbers and gives them to McCarthy and Rodgers. Trgo leaving our DL would be the biggest loss that is most likely to happen, IMO.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          Wow, long time no see.
                          I likes to show my face, errr avatar..., on occasion. :P

Unfortunately, my days are much too busy as of late to put in the effort it takes to keep up with the forum, though I do miss those good ole days. I stop in and read some ramblings/opinions on occasion, more so around draft time, before disappearing into the ether again.
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

• Great shirt or greatest shirt?

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                              Great shirt or greatest shirt?

Needs poll. I'll say great in the assumption that the future will have a shirt like this but with Raji dancing all over your manly chest.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• William “The Refrigerator” Perry used to hold the record for the heaviest player to score a touchdown in the postseason, having been listed at 335 pounds when he ran for a touchdown in Super Bowl XX.

But according to the Wall Street Journal, now that record belongs to Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji, whose listed weight is 337 pounds, after Raji returned an interception for a touchdown for Green Bay on Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ps-the-fridge/
                                The legend lives on.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information