This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
    that % actually surprised me. Of course, inside 50 you'd hope they would make most of them. I wonder what his career % is on FG's in the 41-50 range.
    Mason Crosby

0-19 Yards, 4-4 (100%)
    20-29 Yards, 36-37 (97%)
    30-39 Yards, 31-38 (82%)
    40-49 Yards, 26-37 (70%)
    50+ Yards, 10-21 (48%)

107-137 Alltime 78.1%

Ryan Longwell In GB
    97-98 - 80.0%
    98-99 - 87.9%
    99-00 - 83.3%
    00-01 - 86.8%
    01-02 - 64.5%
    02-03 - 82.4%
    03-04 - 88.5%
    04-05 - 85.7%
    05-06 - 74.1%

Mason Crosby
    07-08 - 79.5%
    08-09 - 79.4%
    09-10 - 75.0%
    10-11 - 78.6%

50+ Yards
    Longwell - 9 Years - 13-22 (59%)
    Crosby - 4 Years - 10-21 (48%)

So Crosby has attempted just shy of 1 less 50 yarder in 5 less years but Longwell was 11% better at making them.
    Last edited by PackerLegend; 07-27-2011, 03:59 PM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Per Jason Wilde, Green Bay is making an effort to keep James Jones, which is good to hear.

I know John Kuhn is going to test the market, but I find it hard to imagine him actually leaving. He has too good of a thing going in Green Bay. I also think Jackson was done the moment Alex Green was drafted.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
        Per Jason Wilde, Green Bay is making an effort to keep James Jones, which is good to hear.

I know John Kuhn is going to test the market, but I find it hard to imagine him actually leaving. He has too good of a thing going in Green Bay. I also think Jackson was done the moment Alex Green was drafted.
        I'm glad to hear that, I want to keep the guy even though he causes more of us to fire remote controls off the wall (or thru window) than any other player.

I wonder who and what type of $ some other team might throw at him. I would expect a team like the Bears to overpay him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
          Per Jason Wilde, Green Bay is making an effort to keep James Jones, which is good to hear.

Jennings
          Driver
          Nelson
          Jones
          Cobb

That would be so sick! Jackson I could care less about.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
            Mason Crosby
            Ryan Longwell In GB
            97-98 - 80.0%
            98-99 - 87.9%
            99-00 - 83.3%
            00-01 - 86.8%
            01-02 - 64.5%
            02-03 - 82.4%
            03-04 - 88.5%
            04-05 - 85.7%
            05-06 - 74.1%

Mason Crosby
            07-08 - 79.5%
            08-09 - 79.4%
            09-10 - 75.0%
            10-11 - 78.6%
            Wow, that illustrates how horsecrap Crosby has been.
            All I remember are all the LAST-SECOND failures.
            But overall numbers are pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
              Wow, that illustrates how horsecrap Crosby has been.
              All I remember are all the LAST-SECOND failures.But overall numbers are pathetic.
              He is alright but compared to what Longwell did in GB it appears he could do much better. Those last second failures are burned in my mind and im sure all Pack fans. I still have very little confidence in him and at the end of games whatever I did have turns to 0.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Crosby is still a very good kick but he has been inconsistant at times. Yeah he hasn't been our 'Ryan Longwell' but thats a good thing - means Crosby has the leg to attempt the 50+ kicks. Take away his career total of 10-21 from 50+ and he's an 83% career average kicker.

Horsecrap? Check again.

Comment

• I like Crosby but he just brings my heart rate to a level that is just too high.

In other news, it sounds like most of the Packers FA's will be released with maybe the intention of signing James Jones. I don't quite buy it because I think Jones goes the FA route anyway to determine what his market value is. I would love to see Jones back, his poorly timed drops and all, because the dude is built like a tank and is actually very athletic.

With that said the whole WR situation is a little messy. I mean I don't want to question DD's durability, but he needs to stay healthy with the kind of $ he is deservedly getting paid, and he needs to perform at the level that commands that pay. I am also not sold on Jordy, he too has his share of drops. I think Jones in terms of WR ability has more than Nelson, but Nelson fits better into what we do offensively. I think Jordy is more comfortable also not being the go-to guy, whereas Jones wants to be that guy.

I could see the James Jones signing or releasing going one of two ways. We sign him and not Jordy next season, or we sign Jordy next season and let Jones go. Either way, I do not see us keeping both of those guys. So needless to say, what happens this week will determine Jordy's status, IMO.

The sick part about our WR corps is that all of our WR's after DD retires in 2 or 3 years will be in their early 30's/ late 20's (except for Cobb and UDFA's), so they will be in the prime of their careers with Rodgers in the prime of his career, so we are going to have a very nice long run at some Superbowls.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
                    I like Crosby but he just brings my heart rate to a level that is just too high.
                    And that's because he's had too many misses, especially the game-winning/losing kicks at the end of games.

If he just makes the clutch ones, all else will be forgiven.... he can change it around.

In other news, I'm thrilled to see Sidney Rice leave for Seattle.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      In other news, I'm thrilled to see Sidney Rice leave for Seattle.
                      Who isnt... now all we need is the Vikings to trade us Peterson for Justin Harrell lol.. that would be the day that I drop dead.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• hopefully Crosboy gets better with age. Seems that happens to a lot of kickers

Comment

• Vikings making a serious run at James Jones. In other news, the sky is blue

Vikes can't get enough of the former packers players

Comment

• The Justin Harrell era is officially over. Easily TT's biggest flop of a pick

Along with Harrell, Poppinga is being released as well. So thats Barnett, Harrell and Poppinga who are gone for sure right now

So to recap so far:

Additions:
                            *Mason Crosby - re-signed to 5yr/14.75 mill with 3 mill guaranteed

Cuts:
                            * Brandon Chillar
                            * Justin Harrell
                            * Brady Poppinga

UFA:
                            *Cullen Jenkins - Saints, Cowboys and Denver the likely suitors right now
                            *James Jones - Talks of him being close to heading to Minny. GB "monitoring" his situation
                            *John Kuhn - Agent has had talks with GB. Expects to be back
                            *Atari Bigby - haven't heard a thing...he's obviously not back though
                            *Korey Hall - reports are that he may be close to signing with Saints

Players Lost:
                            *Daryn Colledge - signs 5yr/28 mill with Arizona. $8 mill guaranteed, $14 mill in first 2 years
                            *Brandon Jackson - signs 2yr/4.5 mill with Cleveland
                            *Jason Spitz - Signs with Jacksonville

Also confirmed list of the 15 UDFA that the Pack have signed

* Tori Gurley, WR, South Carolina
                            * Anthony Bratton, S, Delaware
                            * Shaky Smithson, WR/KR, Utah
                            * Brandon Saine, RB, Ohio St
                            * Kerry Taylor, WR, Arizona St
                            * Jamari Lattimore, OLB, Middle Tennessee
                            * Sampson Genus, C, South Florida
                            * Ray Dominguez, G, Arkansas
                            * Brandian Ross, CB, Youngstown St.
                            * Eli Joseph, LB, Temple
                            * M.D. Jennings, CB, Arkansas St
                            * Jon Hoese, FB, Minnesota
                            * Diondre Borel, WR, Utah St
                            * Theo Sherman, T, James Madison
                            * Vic So’oto, LB, BYU
                            Last edited by BloodBrother; 07-29-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• D.J. Williams agent is reporting that he's negotiating his clients deal right now and expects it to be done by the end of the day. At least one draft pick should be in for camp tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                                D.J. Williams agent is reporting that he's negotiating his clients deal right now and expects it to be done by the end of the day. At least one draft pick should be in for camp tomorrow.
                                It shouldnt be hard to get all of them signed with the new system... If they arent all signed by tonight then I guess by tomorrow they would be.

Why are we talking to B Jackson... there is no reason for him.. Grant, Starks, Green. I do want Kuhn back and then he could also play a little RB if needed.

I saw that by the end of the day the Packers are expected to make 2 more cuts... any ideas? I would say Mark Tauscher is one. Korey Hall maybe I have no idea.
                                Last edited by PackerLegend; 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information