This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
    It shouldnt be hard to get all of them signed with the new system... If they arent all signed by tonight then I guess by tomorrow they would be.

Why are we talking to B Jackson... there is no reason for him.. Grant, Starks, Green. I do want Kuhn back and then he could also play a little RB if needed.

I saw that by the end of the day the Packers are expected to make 2 more cuts... any ideas? I would say Mark Tauscher is one. Korey Hall maybe I have no idea.
    I like BJax, but don't see room for him.... unless..... they are prepared to deal Ryan Grant away and rely on Starks as the main man, with Alex Green as the #2 guy and keep BJax as 3rd down blocking extraordinaire.

?

What are y'alls thoughts about teams like the Patriots, Eagles, Jets (if they somehow land Nnamdi) adding solid talent... lotta teams adding good pieces, while we can't afford to add anyone, but are losing pieces here and there?
    I know, we get some guys off IR though, and have a couple of key rookies who might help out right away.

I know we can't be players in free agency, but I want to keep Cullen and Jones.
    I don't like the Patriots and think their addition of Albert was a coup for them.

I know of at least 2 teams (Buffalo and KC) who want Barnett. Why the hell couldn't we get anything for him? Damn. Hate to give players away for free.

If the system is the same, we're gonna get some great comp picks in next year's draft.
    Last edited by J-Mike88; 07-28-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• No comp for Barnett or any of the other players that are cut. Only the FAs that we lose. But if we lose Jones and Jenkins plus we already lost Colledge it could be a pretty good pick.

I dont mind that we arent throwing money at the players some of these teams are. Sure a few work out but alot of times it seems to backfire on teams. I think TT has proven that his method keep building up during the draft and keeping your main guys works. Look at how many of our players are on other teams its pretty amazing. We could use help in certain spots but im not so sure we need to go out and throw money at these guys. FA is never very exciting for us but with how this team is built I can live with that.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

No comp for Barnett or any of the other players that are cut. Only the FAs that we lose. But if we lose Jones and Jenkins plus we already lost Colledge it could be a pretty good pick.
        As long as it's the same in this new Collective Bargaining Agreement, we should make out well losing Jenkins, Jones, and Colledge.

Teddy will make out like a bandit on Draft Day 2012.

Patriots just added Chad Ochocinco, hours after bringing in ALbert Haynesworth.

Comment

I dont mind that we arent throwing money at the players some of these teams are. Sure a few work out but alot of times it seems to backfire on teams. I think TT has proven that his method keep building up during the draft and keeping your main guys works. Look at how many of our players are on other teams its pretty amazing. We could use help in certain spots but im not so sure we need to go out and throw money at these guys. FA is never very exciting for us but with how this team is built I can live with that.
          Completely agree. Teams are spending, trying to catch up while we sit back and continue to develop homegrown talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
            As long as it's the same in this new Collective Bargaining Agreement, we should make out well losing Jenkins, Jones, and Colledge.

Teddy will make out like a bandit on Draft Day 2012.

Patriots just added Chad Ochocinco, hours after bringing in ALbert Haynesworth.
            Also Brandon Jackson, Jason Spitz, and Atari Bigby.

Comment

• Harrell cut
              JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

• 7th round TE Ryan Taylor has signed

Ricky Elmore is reportedly very close to a deal as well
                Last edited by cvv84; 07-28-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• D.J. Williams agent also said that they are close to a deal with the Packers. Packers are also in talks with 6th round pick Caleb Schlauderaff

Comment

• D.J. Williams is inked. There's 2 down, 8 to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                      D.J. Williams is inked. There's 2 down, 8 to go!
                      where did you see this?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

where did you see this?
                        His agent tweeted it.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                          His agent tweeted it.
                          Correctus.

@NFL_Bridge Congrats to Packers TE DJ Williams @dj45williams on signing his 1st NFL contract today!!!

Comment

• Caleb Schlauderaff now under contract. 3 of 10 draft picks signed. Possibly 4 of 10, haven't found a confirmation of Ricky Elmore's signing yet.

Comment

• Brandon Jackson reaches agreement with the Browns on a 2-year, $4.5 million deal.
                              Gotta love that contract for our comp picks next year!

Korey Hall is also close to signing with the Saints.

Comment

• ugh, being reported that Brandon Chillar might have a serious hamstring injury that could put his season in doubt. If this is true, you figure he's gone. Guy is beginning to get too injured and making too much for being on IR

Chillar hamstring injury could be a problem

A source familiar with the team said that linebacker Brandon Chillar suffered a serious hamstring injury that could put his season in jeopardy. Another source said he knew there was an injury issue, but he didn't know the extent of it.

Chillar has not yet reported to camp and the Packers are waiting to examine him to see the extent of the injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information