• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Spitz to Jacksonville

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      Jason Spitz to Jacksonville
      Can you guys help us out? I always get Packers linemen confused. Sounds like solid G/C depth and wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he has to start sometimes?

Comment

• Spitz is okay.
        Coaches gave him many chances to earn a spot.... they wanted him to become our center, but Wells kept outperforming him.

As for Chillar, he's done if it's a serious hammy... those things suck. Too bad we couldn't have put his money into Barnett and kept those 3 plus Matthews out there.... I think Capers could have worked some magic with those 4 versatile LBers, but oh well.

I'm not concerned, or excited, about rookies signing. I expect that.
        I am excited to see them in Packer gear on the field though!

Spitz, gone.
        Colledge, gone.
        Barnett, gone.
        Korey Hall, soon to be gone?
        BJax, gone.... behind Hillis and Hardesty.
        Bigby, will be gone.
        Cullen....
        Jones....

Who else?

Will we get 4 nice comp picks next year?

Comment

• If the Chillar news is correct and the Pack DO end up cutting him, they'll have seriously no depth at ILB other than the rookie they drafted(DJ Smith). Wilhelm is a FA I think. They do have Dyrial Biggs but I don't know who else

might need to dip into FA and find some ILB depth. There is also Brad Jones, who I'm not sure where they will play him this year. I've read that they will move him inside and I've read that he'll stay at outside. So IDK
          Last edited by BloodBrother; 07-28-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Time to cut Chillar and resign Nick Barnett lol

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Okay I just got done looking at the pictures that packersnews.com has of the Packer guys going into St. Norberts and a couple of things stood out.

Brian Bulaga looks to be in very good shape, he looks almost cut for weighing 315 pounds.

Starks looks ripped, as well as Quarless.

Howard Green looks like he atleast weighs 360 pounds, lol, he should just spend training camp getting in shape, we all know what he can do.

On another note, I wonder if Cullen Jenkins has priced himself way too high. Also, it doesn't appear that Minny is going after James Jones, now it looks like Malcolm Floyd.

Call me crazy but what if the Pack gave each of these guys one year deals with the very good shot of going back to a Superbowl. I know Jenkins probably wouldn't do it as he is most likely looking for a five year deal, but for Jones, he would have another season to make more plays and potentially raise his pay.

And the Packers just released Chillar, welcome D.J. Smith to being that 3rd guy. Supposedly Wilhelm was getting a new contract with the Pack, someone tweeted it, but I have not seen or heard anything else.
              Last edited by bigboiajhawk; 07-29-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Chillar released. What's interesting is they haven't officially released Barnett yet. With Chillar, Poppinga, Harrell now confirmed to be released, perhaps they can keep Barnett

the ILB depth would really be thin without Barnett/Chillar

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                  The Justin Harrell era is officially over. Easily TT's biggest flop of a pick

Along with Harrell, Poppinga is being released as well. So thats Barnett, Harrell and Poppinga who are gone for sure right now

So to recap so far:

Additions:
                  *Mason Crosby - re-signed to 5yr/14.75 mill with 3 mill guaranteed

Cuts:
                  * Brandon Chillar
                  * Justin Harrell
                  * Brady Poppinga
                  * Mark Tauscher
                  * Nick Barnett - not official, but likely

UFA:
                  *Cullen Jenkins - Saints, Cowboys and Denver the likely suitors right now
                  *James Jones - Talks of him being close to heading to Minny. GB "monitoring" his situation
                  *John Kuhn - Agent has had talks with GB. Expects to be back
                  *Atari Bigby - haven't heard a thing...he's obviously not back though
                  *Anthony Smith - Not much to report on so far

Players Lost:
                  *Daryn Colledge - signs 5yr/28 mill with Arizona. $8 mill guaranteed, $14 mill in first 2 years
                  *Brandon Jackson - signs 2yr/4.5 mill with Cleveland
                  *Jason Spitz - Signs 3 yr deal with Jacksonville
                  *Korey Hall - Signed with New Orleans Saints

Also confirmed list of the 15 UDFA that the Pack have signed

updating this thing as more and more news comes out. Anything I'm missing? I removed Barnett from the cuts list with the news of Chillar being released. Who knows what happens now

I expect Tauscher to either retire or be released as well
                  Last edited by BloodBrother; 07-29-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                    Can you guys help us out? I always get Packers linemen confused. Sounds like solid G/C depth and wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he has to start sometimes?
                    He looked like a surefire starter early in his career but injuries really set him back the past 2 years. He mostly played RG for us but he has center experience. He's descent but he's a guy you always look to upgrade.

Comment

• Cobb just signed.

D.J. Smith now inked as well. Ironically he's our top backup at ILB right now.

Sherrod is reportedly close to signing as well.

So thats:
                      1) Ryan Taylor
                      2) D.J. Williams
                      3) Caleb Schlauderaff
                      4) Randall Cobb
                      5) D.J. Smith
                      6) Ricky Elmore

Possibly Ricky Elmore, still no confirmation. EDIT: Comfirmed he signed last night
                      Last edited by cvv84; 07-29-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Tausher officially cut

Comment

• WAs expected, but still sad to see. Guy was a great player for a long time here. Definitely gonna be in the Packers HOF

Now, I wouldn't mind him sticking around as an assistant OL coach. I just don't think Campen is a good coach

Also, Pack have now shaved $17.25 million from these cuts

Comment

• Wow, Phricking Philly just landed Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and JUST NOW won the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes.
                            Jeeeezus.

Think they are gearing up to try and defend against us to get to the Super Bowl?
                            Atlanta needs to beef up their pass defense too.

Comment

• Packers have signed 4th round pick Davon House

Full list of Packers cuts

Cuts:
                              * Brandon Chillar
                              * Justin Harrell
                              * Brady Poppinga
                              * Mark Tauscher
                              * Nick Barnett
                              * Michael Grego
                              * Curtis Young

Comment