This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
    Wow, Phricking Philly just landed Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and JUST NOW won the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes.
    Jeeeezus.

Think they are gearing up to try and defend against us to get to the Super Bowl?
    Atlanta needs to beef up their pass defense too.

how will they defend against Jermichael Finley?

I still think the Pack and Saints are the class of the NFC

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
      Korey Hall is also close to signing with the Saints.
      Its official now.

Hall - Saints
      Jackson - Browns
      Colledge - Cardinals
      Spitz - Jaguars

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
        how will they defend against Jermichael Finley?

I still think the Pack and Saints are the class of the NFC
        Philly's come right into it now they've got Aso - but if Jason Babin does an (unlikely) repeat of last year - then the D becomes scary good.

Atlanta's up there but I still think they lack a 'wow' factor on either side of the ball - having said that I do love the Ray Edwards signing.

Comment

• Pack have signed their 1st round pick

@TomSilverstein: #Packers have signed 1st-round pick Derek Sherrod to a four-year, $6.6 M contract that includes $5.32 M in grnteed money, a NFL source said.

Think that just leaves 3rd round pick RB Alex Green unsigned

Comment

• Originally posted by Coombser View Post
            Philly's come right into it now they've got Aso - but if Jason Babin does an (unlikely) repeat of last year - then the D becomes scary good.

Atlanta's up there but I still think they lack a 'wow' factor on either side of the ball - having said that I do love the Ray Edwards signing.
            ATL DEF won't be able to stop the Saints, Pack or Eagles passing attack IMO

I'm not sure I entirely trust Babin, and I have reservations about the Eagles LB corps, as well as their OL. Still, at least now they have the CB's to at least combat the Saints/Packers offenses

Comment

• NFC Rankings:

Packers
              Eagles
              Bucs
              Falcons
              Saints
              Bears
              Giants
              Lions
              Cowboys
              Redskins
              Vikings
              Panthers
              NFC West

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                Pack have signed their 1st round pick

Think that just leaves 3rd round pick RB Alex Green unsigned
                Green tweeted that he hopes to sign today. I wonder if there's something more to it though, like he's out of shape or injured or something.

@AGreen_39 Ever since HS I've had some sort of adversity to fight threw.. This is no different. Hopefully 2marro is a better day. Goodnight #motivated
                What adversity would he have to fight through?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coombser View Post

Honestly I think their moves are overrated. Asomugha is a good player but I'm never really thought of him as the best CB in the league. He had a few great seasons but he isn't a turnover maker, which is something defenses need. The Eagles run through DBs as well: Michael Lewis, Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, Rod Hood, and I could continue. Point is they have a system that relies on their front 4. A front 4 with a weak DT corps and only one really star player in Trent Cole.

As for the Falcons, they have a solid front 7 but they're aging rapidly. The NEEDED Ray Edwards more than anything. He's a solid player but more of a jack of all trades master of none type of guy. He doesn't stand out and he isn't a difference maker. He's just enough to help take the all pressure off John Abraham. They're going to live and die on the heals of the offense - just like the Packers of a few seasons ago.

Comment

• Packers draft pick's rookie #'s:

Derek Sherrod #78

Randall Cobb #18

Alex Green #20

Davon House #31

D.J. Williams #84

Caleb Schlauderaff #68

D.J. Smith #60

Ricky Elmore #57

Ryan Taylor #82

Lawrence Guy #56 (can't officially be his # seeing he's a DE)

Comment

• Anybody have any names of ILB that could possibly be signed by the Packers??? I think there is a good chance that they will bring in a FA, I don't think they would go into the season with Bishop and Hawk being the only vets at ILB.

Comment

• Alex Green has officially signed. That's all draft picks accounted for

all that's left now is to get camp underway and either bring in a vet ILB FA or dish out some extensions to guys like Sitton/Finley/Nelson. Maybe even just do both. They definitely need some reliability/insurance at ILB. Also might have the possibility to re-sign Jones or Jenkins. Jones a more realistic scenario. Kuhn is also still out there and I would like to see him back

Comment

• Originally posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
                          Anybody have any names of ILB that could possibly be signed by the Packers??? I think there is a good chance that they will bring in a FA, I don't think they would go into the season with Bishop and Hawk being the only vets at ILB.
                          McCarthy said in his presser this morning that Brad Jones or Robert Francois could shift inside. Barrett Rudd is still on the market but isn't a great fit and he likely wants to be a starter.

Also TE Spencer Havner and WR Brett Swain have officially been re-signed.

Comment

• All the draft pick signings is nice but expected.

It's time to start looking ahead, and I'm ready to build up some hate for the Motown Motor City Kitties. The Detroit Lions.
                            I feel they will be our best division rival this year, not the Bears. Again, if you will recall, the Lions went into Chicago last year in the opener and beat them..... except the zebra's ruled that Megatron didn't hold onto the catch long enough.

Those teams are close.
                            And I think the Lions have improved the most, while I see the Bears taking a step back.

Besides that, here's why I hate the Lions now (not really, but we need to work up some distaste for them)

Last year, they KO'd Rodgers.
                            Year before, they cheap-shotted J-Mike's knee.

Now we gotta go into there on Thanksgiving 4 days after facing the upstart Buccaneers.

I want to sweep the division this year, not go 4-2 like last year. The Raiders swept their division last year. We can too.

Comment

• Cullen Jenkins to the Eagles

Comment

• Additions:
                                *Mason Crosby - re-signed to 5yr/14.75 mill with 3 mill guaranteed
                                *Spencer Havner - re-signed
                                *Brett Swain - re-signed

Cuts:
                                * Brandon Chillar
                                * Justin Harrell
                                * Brady Poppinga
                                * Mark Tauscher
                                * Nick Barnett
                                * Michael Greco
                                * Curtis Young

UFA:
                                *James Jones - Talks of him being close to heading to Minny. GB "monitoring" his situation
                                *John Kuhn - Agent has had talks with GB. Expects to be back
                                *Atari Bigby - haven't heard a thing...he's obviously not back though
                                *Anthony Smith - Not much to report on so far

Players Lost:
                                *Daryn Colledge - signs 5yr/28 mill with Arizona. $8 mill guaranteed, $14 mill in first 2 years
                                *Brandon Jackson - signs 2yr/4.5 mill with Cleveland
                                *Jason Spitz - Signs 3 yr deal with Jacksonville
                                *Korey Hall - Signed with New Orleans Saints
                                *Cullen Jenkins - Signed 5yr/25 mill deal with Eagles. Could end up becoming only a 1yr/4 mill deal

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information