X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
    Cullen Jenkins to the Eagles
    Do they have a different salary cap than everyone else?
    Actually, the # they showed for Cullen was a lot less than we expected.
    Same with Aso.

I smell something fishy going on there in Philly under the table..... do they have a different salary cap than everyone else does?

I'm glad we aren't in the NFC East right now.
    I will be rooting for the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins to beat them up!
    Plus the NFC East plays the AFC East, so for 2 weeks I will root for the Jets and Patriots.

Remember, this Eagles team was (this) close to KOing us in January, thank you David Akers, and Desmond Bishop for that shoe-string tackle.... and they will get Brandon Graham back in addition to signing Babin, Jenkins, Aso, and DRC.

Comment

• Jenkins got less than Stephen Bowen, and less than Daryn Colledge.
      Did we offer less than that?

He only got 10 mil more than we gave the kicker, over 5 years. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        Do they have a different salary cap than everyone else?
        Actually, the # they showed for Cullen was a lot less than we expected.
        Same with Aso.

I smell something fishy going on there in Philly under the table..... do they have a different salary cap than everyone else does?
        Its the same, just the way they structure everything. Jenkins deal could turn into a 1 year deal and Asomugha's contract is likely front loaded. Both guys got alot less than expected which just show's the market for aging "star" players.

In the end I think Jenkins will give them 1 solid season while Asomugha will give them 2 good seasons.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        I'm glad we aren't in the NFC East right now.
        I will be rooting for the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins to beat them up!
        Plus the NFC East plays the AFC East, so for 2 weeks I will root for the Jets and Patriots.
        Why we went 3-1 verse the NFC East least regular season and beat the Eagles again at home in the playoffs.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        Remember, this Eagles team was (this) close to KOing us in January, thank you David Akers, and Desmond Bishop for that shoe-string tackle.... and they will get Brandon Graham back in addition to signing Babin, Jenkins, Aso, and DRC.
        Brandon Grahm didn't show anything when healthy plus he's going to start the season on the PUP. DRC isn't a physical CB, Babin has a career season at the age of 30, and Jenkins has been injury prone.

Lets not forget that Vick has had 1 good season for them, lets see him repeat that first. Plus he only played in all 16 games 1 time during his career. Not too mention they have nobody at LB and their offensive line still has a ton of holes.
        Last edited by cvv84; 07-30-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Jenkins got less than Stephen Bowen, and less than Daryn Colledge.
          Did we offer less than that?

He only got 10 mil more than we gave the kicker, over 5 years. Interesting.
          Reportedly we never even made an offer. They clearly wanted to move away from him.

Comment

• Says a lot that the Pack didn't even bother to bring back JEnkins. They realize his injury history and his wear and tear and didn't want to invest in that

Eagles are definitely going to be getting all the media hype now, and even they themselves are already crowning themselves as a the "dream team"

Meanwhile, the Pack will just go about their business as usual. I'm not concerned. No guarantee the Pack will even get to face Philly this season anyway. These moves show clear desperation on the act of the Eagles. They are going all in this year, so they better live up to expectations

I hope they do trade Samuel, though. Teams will avoid Nnamdi as usual and just target DRC, who I've always thought has been a bit overrated. I see him get burned quite often
            Last edited by BloodBrother; 07-30-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
              Says a lot that the Pack didn't even bother to bring back JEnkins. They realize his injury history and his wear and tear and didn't want to invest in that
              Exactally. Its the same situation when the fans were blasting Thompson for letting Marco Rivera go a few years ago. What happened? He injured his back and was a huge free agent flop for the Cowboys.

I like Jenkins but being able to play week in and week out is part of the game. I wish him the best and I'm glad he was able to help us get a ring.

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
              Eagles are definitely going to be getting all the media hype now, and even they themselves are already crowning themselves as a the "dream team"
              If that dream is to have never won a Superbowl then dream on! They're definetly playing catchup.

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
              Meanwhile, the Pack will just go about their business as usual. I'm not concerned.
              Bingo, they know what they're doing. Sure Jenkins, Barnett, and Jones will likely have a good season or 2 but in the end this is what works for us. Neal is a promising player, Bishop is better than Barnett at this stage, and Jones while not a dime a dozen (more like a dime a quarter) can be replaced by the production of Jennings, Finley, Nelson, and Cobb.

Comment

• Vikes sign Michael Jenkins. Still interested in James Jones???

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                  Reportedly we never even made an offer. They clearly wanted to move away from him.
                  To me, that says that it's a similar situation to Al Harris last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coombser View Post
                    To me, that says that it's a similar situation to Al Harris last year.
                    How so? Harris was cut after he was eligable to come off the PUP list last year. He was also coming off a potential career ending knee injury at the age of 35.

Comment

• Jets look like the biggest threat to sign Jones right now

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                        Jets look like the biggest threat to sign Jones right now
                        I'd love to sign him to a 2-3 year deal. That would give us time to see if Nelson can develop into a starter (which I think he will) and let Cobb develop as a receiver.

You'd have to think some other team would be interested at this point as well. Jags? 49ers? How about the Bucs? They have a ton of money to spend and he'd be a great option for Freeman.

Comment

• couple of thoughts...

1. glad all the rookies are in camp

2. Cullen Jenkins was never going, or the chances were low, to re-sign and the drafting of Mike Neal was the start of that...giving money to an aging player, who also has an injury plagued past, is one of the worst decisions a team can make...yeah they may still be useful in the first season or two but odds are that in the last two or three years you're going to be paying an average player the salary a proven, very effective player...Ted trusts the scouting department and drafting to prevent situations like that

3. Guys, don't kid yourselves, going into the 2011 season the Philadelphia Eagles are one heck of a football team talent-wise. Projecting long term might be a different story but without a doubt they are the biggest threat to our title as NFC Champions. They've added Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, Cullen Jenkins, Jason Babin, Jaiquawn Jarrett (pass rushers and cover men/ballhawks) to their defense since we defeated them back in January. We know their offense has the potential to put up serious points.

4. The depth in our front seven SUCKS!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• The Jets, Cardinals and Packers are all still showing interest in free agent James Jones, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Comment

• Sherrod taking 1st team reps at LG. Lang is running with the 2nd team.

Zombo with the 1st team at OLB.

Underwood has also been moved from CB to FS.

For what its worth, C.J. Wilson is also running with the 1st team defense at RDE. Though Neal wasn't expected to do much here early on.
                              Last edited by cvv84; 07-30-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

NFC Rankings:

Packers
                                Eagles
                                Bucs
                                Falcons
                                Saints
                                Bears
                                Giants
                                Lions
                                Cowboys
                                Redskins
                                Vikings
                                Panthers
                                NFC West
                                If I had to rank the NFC teams right now

1. Philadelphia Eagles
                                2. New Orleans Saints
                                3. Green Bay Packers
                                4. New York Giants
                                5. Atlanta Falcons
                                6. Detroit Lions
                                7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                                8. Minnesota Vikings
                                9. Seattle Seahawks
                                10. St. Louis Rams
                                11. Dallas Cowboys
                                12. Chicago Bears
                                13. San Francisco 49ers
                                14. Arizona Cardinals
                                15. Carolina Panthers
                                16. Washington Redskins

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information