Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what I would do with the offense at this point.

QB: 2 Rodgers | Flynn (Harrell to PS)
    RB: 3 Grant | Starks | Green
    FB: 3 Kuhn | Johnson | Taylor
    WR: 5 Jennings | Jones | Nelson | Driver | Cobb
    TE: 4 Finley | Williams | Crabtree | Quarless
    OL: 9 Clifton | Lang | Wells | Sitton | Bulaga | Sherrod | Newhouse | McDonald | Diet-Smith (Schlauderaff to PS)

26 total, which is the same as last year. Last year we kept three fullbacks and four tightends. Ryan Taylor and DJ Williams are tightends but both can also line up at fullback. Still keep seven total. Really early to call on the ninth linemen spot.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
      Here's what I would do with the offense at this point.

QB: 2 Rodgers | Flynn (Harrell to PS)
      RB: 3 Grant | Starks | Green
      FB: 3 Kuhn | Johnson | Taylor
      WR: 5 Jennings | Jones | Nelson | Driver | Cobb
      TE: 4 Finley | Williams | Crabtree | Quarless
      OL: 9 Clifton | Lang | Wells | Sitton | Bulaga | Sherrod | Newhouse | McDonald | Diet-Smith (Schlauderaff to PS)

26 total, which is the same as last year. Last year we kept three fullbacks and four tightends. Ryan Taylor and DJ Williams are tightends but both can also line up at fullback. Still keep seven total. Really early to call on the ninth linemen spot.
      I'd be shocked if both rookie TEs, Williams and Taylor, make the final cuts. But maybe they think Taylor is their new Korey Hall. Hall was a solid LB at Boise State and we turned him into a versatile FB and special teamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        I'd be shocked if both rookie TEs, Williams and Taylor, make the final cuts. But maybe they think Taylor is their new Korey Hall. Hall was a solid LB at Boise State and we turned him into a versatile FB and special teamer.
        Taylor was drafted due to his special teams ability (3 year ST player of the year at UNC). I think they'll find a roster spot for him.

Comment

• Packers finally get their White House invite, going August 12th. Sucks for the guys on new teams.

Comment

• Taylor I guess has pretty amazing hands, is a plus blocker, Great ST guy, versitle, and had outstanding work ethic. I think he makes. Quinn Johnson i think may not make the cut however

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
              Taylor I guess has pretty amazing hands, is a plus blocker, Great ST guy, versitle, and had outstanding work ethic. I think he makes. Quinn Johnson i think may not make the cut however
              AGREED BROTHER

Comment

• We've had the trio of Hall-Kuhn-QJ for like 3 years....... it worked....... but now we lost Hall already so I'd be a but surprised to see 2/3rd of that trio gone. But you never know. We were all surprised Crabtree made the team last year at Havner's expense so....

Comment

• btw John Kuhn's deal is in the 3yr/7.5 mill range. Not that bad

still don't know exactly what JAmes Jones got $ wise

Comment

• Anyone see the deal Woodley just signed?
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6835818/lamarr-woodley-pittsburgh-steelers-lands-615m-deal-source-says

Makes me wonder what is it going to take to get Clay signed long-term.
                    bow ties are

Comment

• James Jones contract is 3yr/9.4 mill. He will get 3.75 mill in his first year

very nice contract

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                        James Jones contract is 3yr/9.4 mill. He will get 3.75 mill in his first year

very nice contract
                        Not bad, a little more than I expected, but not bad. We'll owe him an average of $2.8 million a year after that.

Originally posted by TimmG6376 View Post
                        Anyone see the deal Woodley just signed?
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6835818/lamarr-woodley-pittsburgh-steelers-lands-615m-deal-source-says

Makes me wonder what is it going to take to get Clay signed long-term.
                        Fortunately we'll have another 2 years until we'll have to worry about that.

Comment

• I think we came out we came out pretty well on Jones' deal, considering some guys really cashed in. Hopefully that makes Jordy a little less enthusiastic to test the market. I'd love to keep our receivers together.

My thoughts on the third QB spot. Mostly just me thinking out loud here...
                          I'm wondering how committed the team is to Graham Harrell. I'm fairly certain he has practice squad eligibility, after only being on the roster a few games at the end of last year. Unless Harrell has a dynamite preseason and won't be able to clear the waver wire, that's where I'd go with him. With the new rule change (no emergency QB but 46 spots), keeping a third QB makes less sense. If we keep Harrell on the roster and don't suit him, there is really no advantage to giving him a roster spot rather than having him on standby with the practice squad. Also, keep in mind that Cobb can be a good option as the gameday #3 QB once he knows the playbook. If the team keeps Harrell, it's more of a move for next year to replace Flynn.

Comment

• MM seems to like Graham...... he'd like to be able to keep him active on game days now that they get an extra.

Practice tonight:
                            Greg Jennings has a hip flexor, doesn't seem a big issue... cross fingers.
                            Davon House has a hamstring issue, and I hate those......
                            James Starks looked fantastic.
                            Mason Crosby sucked.... missed 4 straight at one point.
                            MM not worried because it was MC's first live action of camp.
                            Finley toasted Nick Collins so bad, it looked like Collins lost his jock strap.

Comment

• Finley is gonna be the best tight end in the league in a year!!

Comment

• Crosby missed 4 in a row at one point.. hmmm what will be his excuse this year? Last year it was because we kept on changing holders. That shouldnt be an issue this year. I hope the Packers dont get into any games where it comes down to his foot.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information