This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
    Crosby missed 4 in a row at one point.. hmmm what will be his excuse this year? Last year it was because we kept on changing holders. That shouldnt be an issue this year. I hope the Packers dont get into any games where it comes down to his foot.
    Geez its his 1st practice. You guys are unreal...

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
      Its a practice and his 1st one at that but he has showed all of us 0 reason to have faith in him. Besides hes a pro FG kicker its not like he should have went the entire offseason without kicking 1 ball. Im not worried that he missed 4 in a row at this point. I just said I dont have any faith in him when it comes to clutch kicks which I think is pretty fair to say. It would be nice to hear how he is having a great camp after he got payed but its the games that matter.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
        Guys?
        Is PackerLegend 2 guys?

Grant & Starks could be 2009 DeAngelo Williams-Jonathan Stewart!
        Defenses will be totally focused on getting to #12, stopping 85, 88, 89, 87, 80..... loose defenses, if our new LG can be a mauler, we could have a great running attack. Don't be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          Guys?
          Is PackerLegend 2 guys?
          No I was referring to your comment as well, sorry bud :\

Comment

• Aaron throws a pick six on the first play haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Wow and just like that its over. Canceled due to weather.

Comment

• yeah that sucked. Man, the rookies and UDFA really have an uphill battle to climb. Camp started late, and now they can't even have the family night scrimmage. They won't have a lot of opportunities to impress

Cobb looked good and Starks looked waaaay better than Grant IMO. Granted, can't really tell too much during a scrimmage where there is little contact, but Starks seemed quicker with his cut and looked more powerful running it

Underwood hurt himself in the game, slipped on the field. Hopefully it wasn't anything too serious. Was helped off the field but then started to walk a bit under his own power.

Other than that the injuries that have been reported are just basic things that happen once camp is underway. The only one that could be a problem is DAvon House who hurt his hammy. Those things can linger. Hopefully it just tightened up and a few days rest + plenty of water will do the trick

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                  yeah that sucked. Man, the rookies and UDFA really have an uphill battle to climb. Camp started late, and now they can't even have the family night scrimmage. They won't have a lot of opportunities to impress

Cobb looked good and Starks looked waaaay better than Grant IMO. Granted, can't really tell too much during a scrimmage where there is little contact, but Starks seemed quicker with his cut and looked more powerful running it

Underwood hurt himself in the game, slipped on the field. Hopefully it wasn't anything too serious. Was helped off the field but then started to walk a bit under his own power.

Other than that the injuries that have been reported are just basic things that happen once camp is underway. The only one that could be a problem is DAvon House who hurt his hammy. Those things can linger. Hopefully it just tightened up and a few days rest + plenty of water will do the trick
                  Starks definetly looks more explosive. He seems to have that vision too to find the holes. We're definetly in a good position at RB right now.

I've been very impressed with Cobb so far. He's shown good burst and hands and should give us another weapon that defenses have to account for.

That really sucks for House. He was really starting to come on too. Seemed like he was making a few plays each practice. Hopefully it's not something serious and he can return. Seems poised to be somebody if he can stay healthy.

The defense is definetly ahead of the offense right now. I guess we'll find out more a week from now come the start of preseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Aaron throws a pick six on the first play haha
                    Who picked it off? Any other big plays from players? I missed it this year.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                      James Jones contract is 3yr/9.4 mill. He will get 3.75 mill in his first year

very nice contract
                      understatement. If Santonio Holmes can get 5 years, 50 million; James Jones is an uber-bargain.
                      JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Brandian Ross...Josh Gordy got picked on quite a bit too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Brandian Ross had the INT.

It was 1st team offense vs. 2nd team defense, James Jones ran a 5 yard out and there was some miscommunication so it was an easy INT, which was returned for a TD.

As far as other big plays:

Cobb had a long completion with Ross in coverage. Ross looked like he slipped but Cobb still had to go up and get the ball, he then gained another 10 yards or so after the catch.

Rodgers threw a nice fade to Nelson for a TD, against CB Josh Gordy.

Starks looks great. He was hitting the holes hard when he was in there.

Brandon Underwood got injured. They're calling it a right hamstring/thigh.

Other than that practice only lasted for about 30 minutes before being cancelled due to some storms rolling in. Thats makes 3 out of the last 4 years that Family Night has been shortened. Anyone have a Farmers Almanac?

Comment

• Great story on Shaky Smithson in JSOnline today. I really hope he can somehow make the team, although it will be tough. Could be a candidate for the PS, but you'd figure he'd get snatched up by some team

Comment

• I love Shaky, but can't figure out why he would have chosen our team to try and make a team.
                              Really, we are the deepest WR group in the NFL, and Cobb is our 5th guy and assured of making the team.

Shaky should have chosen San Francisco, but if we can keep him on the practice squad for this year, maybe 2 years, he can take over for Donald Driver.

Nice story from Lori though. http://packersinsider.com/2011/08/pa...for-this-role/

Comment

• Terrible day for the Lions.
                                They lost their rookie RB stud for the season, Mikel Leshoure.
                                I agreed with some scouts that he was the best RB in this draft, more explosive than Mark Ingram, and stronger and faster.

I thought he was going to be a difference-maker for both them and whoever drafted him in fantasy football.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information