This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Harrell 2.0

God I hope not he has alot of potential and we dont exactly have tons of depth at DE. He got his feet tangled while hitting a blocking bag and fell akwardly ughhhhhh, I mean come on...

Lets just hope its nothing to serious and he can be back for Sept 8th.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
      Justin Harrell 2.0

God I hope not he has alot of potential and we dont exactly have tons of depth at DE. He got his feet tangled while hitting a blocking bag and fell akwardly ughhhhhh, I mean come on....
      Exactly.
      I don't think they should have let Cullen go (especially at the discount price he ended up being) until Neal proved he could at least last one season, or most of one season.

You all, we all, had plenty of doubts about it..... this guy can't even make it TO the first game now? Pretty worrisome.

He's so much more talented than Harrell was too, but it almost seems like he's been on some HGH or steroid and his body breaks down, fragile.

Hopefully our fears and doubts are proven wrong though.

Comment

• Neal said he has no tears, but he's going for an MRI tomorrow. Can't really trust what a player says. They always say they are OK

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
          Neal said he has no tears, but he's going for an MRI tomorrow. Can't really trust what a player says. They always say they are OK
          Exactly.
          I'm not relieved until I hear the MRI revealed nothing, and that he's day-to-day, should be back for the game at the Colts on the 26th, or the Sept 1st final pre-season game vs KC.

Comment

• Ultimately I think that would be for any RB on our offense though. I like Grant but they need to run a timeshare at RB. Starks just has better vision and power. Sprinkle in Green here and there and we could actually have a sufficent running game.
            Without a doubt. Starks and Green are really all we need, in my opinion. Grant isn't worth the money and roster spot at this point. Not that he isn't serviceable, he's just not necessary for this team to get going. I'd rather spend the cash and spot in the defensive front 7. But, I'm just nitpicking.

I'm also very high on Green. I think he was a steal for our offense.

Comment

• Just read this article, I'm banking on Lattimore making the team. Taking reps with the 1st team special teams units sometimes says something.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/08/...tal+Packers%29

Comment

• I say we roll with 5 TE's. Crazy, maybe, but I'm thinking Quinn is gone at FB so that frees open a spot. I don't want to lose any of those guys, all of them have real good value.

As for the 6th WR debate...meh.. I like Gurley's potential, but if we have to keep 6, might as well be West. He looks much more polished. Keeping 5 would be fine too, we have weapons galore, it's not really necessary.

Want to pipe in on Brad Jones too. I'd be fine with him getting the boot. He just hasn't done much of anything. It's not like he has some insane potential we're waiting on either. Might as well give one of these guys, like Lattimore, a chance.

Comment

• Yeah Brad Jones has to go!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    Without a doubt. Starks and Green are really all we need, in my opinion. Grant isn't worth the money and roster spot at this point. Not that he isn't serviceable, he's just not necessary for this team to get going. I'd rather spend the cash and spot in the defensive front 7. But, I'm just nitpicking.

I'm also very high on Green. I think he was a steal for our offense.

At his original cap number I would agree, but at $1 mil I think it is worth keeping him around. Starks and Green are likely the future. Not sold on Nance. I think Grant's experience will come in handy at some point this season and if he holds up he might have some trade value.
                    bow ties are

Comment

• Grant is too cheap to not keep.
                      Plus he's been very productive. Remember, 9/10 teams nowadays are RB-by-committee. Until the foot was broken last year, he was a workhorse.
                      He stays and he should stay.

Starks and Green are both going to have their share of injuries anyway, minor or major, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                        Want to pipe in on Brad Jones too. I'd be fine with him getting the boot. He just hasn't done much of anything. It's not like he has some insane potential we're waiting on either. Might as well give one of these guys, like Lattimore, a chance.
                        I think he stays - at least for a little while. Mainly because of our lack of depth at LB and he was playing some ILB earlier in camp. With Zombo out until October we have alot more unknowns so even with Jones injury past I think he has to stay for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          Grant is too cheap to not keep.
                          Plus he's been very productive.
                          Remember, 9/10 teams nowadays are RB-by-committee. Until the foot was broken last year, he was a workhorse.
                          He stays and he should stay.

Starks and Green are both going to have their share of injuries anyway, minor or major, who knows.
                          Exactally, let Starks and Green get broken in this year. This season is basically an audition for Grant on weather he'll be back in 2012-13 or not.

Comment

• Grant's contract is guaranteed for the year and it makes more sense to pay him on the team, in whatever role that may be, rather than off the team, where he can't help the team in any manner

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Remind me why we even bother keeping Nance around?

Comment

• Packers cut Adrian Battles, K.C. Asiodu, Antonio Robinson....

Your probably saying who? But anyways I think that puts them at the 80 limit for Today. So 27 more cuts to go by Sat night.

Grant has/needs to stay

We have alot of potential at TE at I dont really want to lose any. 5s alot but just dump Quinn Johnson.

Brad Jones I would like to stay. Only because he atleast has some experience in our D. All the backups now left with Zombo out have only a month of experience. We are really young there.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information