• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touched down in GB!

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother
      Sitton signed to 5 yr extension. Yes!
      From a post a couple days ago.... Did this happen? Ive seemed to have missed it... Any numbers?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Averages 6.75/season with 8.9 guaranteed.
        bow ties are

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
          From a post a couple days ago.... Did this happen? Ive seemed to have missed it... Any numbers?
          Green Bay - Guard Josh Sitton's five-year contract extension with the Green Bay Packers averages $6.75 million, the Journal Sentinel learned Tuesday.

The new deal, signed Friday, makes Sitton the seventh high-paid guard in the NFL on the basis of average per year. Sitton is tied with linebacker A.J. Hawk for sixth place on the Packers' payroll.

Sitton was entering the final year of the four-year contract that he signed as a fourth-round draft choice in 2008. Now he is under contract to Green Bay through the 2016 season.

Sitton's deal is worth $33.75 million in new money, including $8.9 million in guarantees.

His cap salaries are $4.896 million this year, $4.85 million in 2012, $5.55 millon in 2013, $6.4 million in 2014, $6.75 million in 2015 and $6.6 million in 2016.

Sitton received a $6 million signing bonus and roster bonuses totaling $7.15 million. His roster bonuses are $2.9 million this year, $2.4 million in 2012, $650,000 in 2013 and $400,000 in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

His existing base salary of $1.2 million this year was lowered to $700,000, presumably for cap purposes. His base salaries will increase to $950,000 in 2012, $3.4 million in 2013, $4.5 million in 2014, $4.85 million in 2015 and $5.9 million in 2016.

Sitton also will receive a $300,000 workout bonus each year.

Unlike the contracts of some recent blockbuster resignings, none of Sitton's bases were guaranteed.

Very good deal IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
            Very good deal IMO
            And still leaves room for an in-season Finley extention.

Comment

• Packers 1-0
              Bears 1-0
              Lions 1-0
              Vikings 0-1

Panthers week: Cam Newton has passed for over 400 yards in his debut.

Watching this game (Panthers@Cardinals) we need to apply pressure and play good coverage.
              Last edited by cvv84; 09-11-2011, 07:41 PM. Reason: For Jmikey

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                Packers 1-0
                Bears 1-0
                Lions 1-0
                Vikings 1-0

Panthers week: Cam Newton has passed for over 400 yards in his debut.

Watching this game (Panthers@Cardinals) we need to apply pressure and play good coverage.
                Vikings lost...... Cam was a lot better than I expected. Glad we will see some good film on him and will be ready for him.

420 yards, 3 total TDs.... all-time best rookie Debut in terms of yards.
                And fantasy points.
                Damn.

Thanks for the help you POS NFC South. Falcons and Bucs let us down today.
                The Bears are better than anyone gives them credit for.
                Their defense bottled Atlanta up. No wonder why our offense sputters against them too.
                Hope to change that in week 3.
                Last edited by J-Mike88; 09-11-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  Vikings lost......
                  Copy and paste :/

Comment

• Cam definitely looked better than expected, but I'll repeat what I said in another thread. The combined NFL game experience for AZ's starting CBs is 4 games after today.

Even with the possibility of Tramon not playing our defensive backfield is 1000% better than the Cardinals.

If he can give Woodson and company problems, then I'll be a believer.
                    bow ties are

Comment

• Still don't get why the Falcons went all in with a rookie WR when they were shredded on defense vs the Pack. Bears had no problems vs their D today. Might be a long season for the Falcons. Bears D looks legit as usual

Detroit with an impressive road win at Tampa, and even the Vikes kept it close at San Diego. The North is looking really strong so far

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                        Still don't get why the Falcons went all in with a rookie WR when they were shredded on defense vs the Pack. Bears had no problems vs their D today. Might be a long season for the Falcons. Bears D looks legit as usual
                        I liked them getting Jones. Roddy White is going to be 30 years old and his average per catch has dropped the past 3 seasons. Jones gives them a big, physical, downfield threat and long term option for franchise QB Matt Ryan.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                          I liked them getting Jones. Roddy White is going to be 30 years old and his average per catch has dropped the past 3 seasons. Jones gives them a big, physical, downfield threat and long term option for franchise QB Matt Ryan.
                          He may be that good eventually. And then the Falcons can say "see we told you so", but the general vibe was that they believed him to be the missing piece to get them over the hump this year and it is not looking like that is the case thus far.
                          bow ties are

Comment

• Personally, I don't think Julio is that Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald type of WR prospect who is a guaranteed stud at th enext level at WR.

I've seen a lot of WRs with Julio's abilities who never pan out as stars in the NFL. A lot of it depends on attitude however, and if he has that, the desire, the strong work ethic, perhaps. But they really wanted AJ Green and this was their Plan B there. WRs bust rates are as high as QBs up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              Personally, I don't think Julio is that Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald type of WR prospect who is a guaranteed stud at th enext level at WR.

I've seen a lot of WRs with Julio's abilities who never pan out as stars in the NFL. A lot of it depends on attitude however, and if he has that, the desire, the strong work ethic, perhaps. But they really wanted AJ Green and this was their Plan B there. WRs bust rates are as high as QBs up there.
                              I think Jones is going to be like a Reggie Wayne. For their system I thought that he was a better fit than Green. Although I'm sure they would've loved to land the hometown kid.

On another note, I've been thinking about Bulaga vs. Dez Bryant seeing Bryant has the making of a stud receiver and seemingly fell to us last year. I have to say that I'm thoroughly pleased to have Bulaga and his play/improvement this season just backs up what I think the majority of us believed when we took him over Bryant. I don't think Bulaga is getting his due in helping anchor the right side of our line.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
                                Randall Cobb

SEC sinlge season all purpose yards record (2396) . . .

Cobb has the potential to be the third best wr in this class. i love him . . hope the packers snag him in the 2nd.
                                what? im jus' sayin

On Andrew Luck
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information