Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has Nick Collins yet to be placed on IR?

Also read that Mike Neal is eyeing a week 9 return... whether it happens who knows

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Packers are probably going to add Brandon Underwood back but he's serving his 2 game suspension. It'll probably happen after the suspension is up IMO

Comment

• I feel very very very sad for Nick Collins.
        Sad for the team, but not as very very very sad as for Nick.

And I'm still irritated by that play because it was about the 4th time that game we left RB's totally uncovered outta the backfield. When we send a RB out, he usually gets whalloped as soon as he touches it, but we kept leaving RBs uncovered, and Stewart got a lot of yards before Collins had to come up and try and make the tackle on that 3rd down play. I still remember the damn play Terrance Murphy hurt his neck. Someone fumbled a kickoff.

Terrell Davis' play where his knee was ripped up? It was a horrible pass/Int by Elway.

Jermichael last year? BASt*rd Donald Lee fumbled and J-Mike had to play defense.
        Finley's injury the year before? It was a cheap shot, blind, to the side of the knee by the Lions (I think Delmas). Similar to what someone did to Jordan Shipley this year which ripped his ACL. Blind shots where they could just make clean hard tackles in the chest/gut area, but they go low like pussies.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          . I still remember the damn play Terrance Murphy hurt his neck. Someone fumbled a kickoff.
          That would be the man who likes to drop logs in womens closets....

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• According to Rotoworld:

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel confirms that Packers FS Nick Collins' neck injury is career threatening.
            Collins underwent surgery Thursday night that involved cervical fusion, having two vertebrae fused after an MRI revealed a herniated disc. Collins will wear a head collar for "several weeks," and is expected to resume life without restrictions after that. Collins will not be allowed to do football-related activities for six months. Doctors will do a recheck after that to see if he can resume playing. Ominously for Colts fans is that this is a similar injury and surgery to what Peyton Manning is recovering from.

Sad to hear that.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• the bright side is that he'll be able to live life without any restrictions. That's the most important thing

Hoping he can return, but if not, he went out on top as a SB champ

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                the bright side is that he'll be able to live life without any restrictions. That's the most important thing

Hoping he can return, but if not, he went out on top as a SB champ
                That is all very true. There are far more important things then football. Your sig makes me sad still though. He was a great player.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sterling, LeRoy, T-Murph, Collins..... has any other team had as many good young, great players forced out of the game due to necks than we have?

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    Sterling, LeRoy, T-Murph, Collins..... has any other team had as many good young, great players forced out of the game due to necks than we have?
                    Butler had a shoulder injury

Comment

• and was at the end of his career when that affected him, to

Comment

• http://packersinsider.com/?p=3566

Jordy Nelson sticking around longer......

Comment

• JORDYZZZZZ

so they locked up Sitton and Jordy. The next best upcoming FA left is Finley, who might be looking like the toughest one to sign. Still hasn't put up the numbers and hasn't stayed healthy. I hope they bring him back though. He has been huge this year in opening up the offense

Comment

• Hoorah! I was a bit worried that signing Jones would complicate things with Jordy. Glad to see this receiving corps will remain incredibly strong.

Next up: Finley.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Yo ur qb is a joke. It's like he's really out there just ******* with the defense for fun. It's incredible. He's just amusing himself out there.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Finley and Wells are the main upcoming FA's. Wells has really been playing great this year and I hope they lock him up as well

speaking of Finley...you gotta wonder, maybe GB wants him back but perhaps he won't want to come back? He's not getting the stats he could be getting on a team with lesser weapons. Here is what he said after the game today to

Finley plays decoy role

Finley admitted it was tough to go from three touchdowns to three barely noticeable catches. He said it's going to be hard to stomach that if it continues.

Asked if it was a compliment that he drew two guys all day, he said, "Not really. I want the ball."

Finley said he hopes the coaches come up with some answers for the double teams so he can remain a big part of the offense. Against the Broncos, he stayed split out where he's more vulnerable to double teams.

"I'm not being selfish, but we'll have to come back and dial something up," he said. "You have to get your playmaker the ball in games when it's close. I can be the bull when everything's going wrong."
                                he is right. He IS a huge part of this offense. His presence today helped the Pack WR's get 1 on 1 coverage and they were consistently beating their guys. I do hope they get more creative and get Finley the ball more, though

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information