Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Bay Packers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That quotation makes me hate Finley. Great.

    Comment


    • Finley has always seemed to be a 'me-first' guy and I don't think he enjoys having the playmakers around him that can cast a shadow on him. He's going to demand a lot of money, too. I could see him walking.

      Comment


      • Finley is an idiot. Nothing new.

        What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

        2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

        Comment


        • He's an idiot that's really good at catching footballs...Pay the man Ted!

          sig by BoneKrusher

          PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

          Comment


          • J-Mike Finley's talent will get him more $, and demand, expect, ask for more money.
            But he had that talent coming out of Texas and he was still a 3rd round pick.

            His stats are nothing like a Gates, Gonzalez, etc though.

            Maybe these bargainish deals Jordyzzz and Jones signed will be a message to J-Mike. Both Jones and Jordyzzz have actually caught more balls in their time as a Packer than he has, if I'm not mistaken. And as J-Mike and everyone knows, we won the Super Bowl with those guys playing and him just tweeting from the sideline.

            I'd love to see Teddy sign him to a deal just like Jordy. A short 3 year deal so he can get a huge payday soonish if he blows up (like he thinks he can).

            Keep Arod's toys.

            Finley had a guy over the top of him on every passing play.... he opened things up for Jennings, Jordyzzz, even James Jones.

            We also need to keep Wells and maybe he too can sign a team-friendly deal like Jordyzzz & Jones signed.

            Comment


            • Finley isn't going anywhere, we just need him to prove he can stay healthy. We all remember the David Martin experiment that on for years and years. I'd love to extend him but we also have the franchise tag to fall back on which would be around $7.5-8 million in 2012.

              Finley's on pace for 72 catches for 936 yards and 12 TDs.

              Comment


              • Seeing that we're a quarter of the way through the season, here's my team awards so far:

                MVP - Aaron Rodgers
                OPOY - Greg Jennings
                DPOY - B.J. Raji

                OROY - Randall Cobb
                DROY - Jamari Lattimore (special teams)

                Biggest suprise: Morgan Burnett
                Biggest disapointment: James Jones

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                  Seeing that we're a quarter of the way through the season, here's my team awards so far:

                  MVP - Aaron Rodgers
                  OPOY - Greg Jennings
                  DPOY - B.J. Raji

                  OROY - Randall Cobb
                  DROY - Jamari Lattimore (special teams)

                  Biggest suprise: Morgan Burnett
                  Biggest disapointment: James Jones
                  Good call on Lattimore.
                  Woodson, not BJ, has to be the DPOY for us.
                  Woodson is top-3 right now in the NFL for that award. 3 Picks, 2-Pick 6's.... sure he's allowed some plays, but he always has. He's made bigger plays. At least so far......

                  I guess James Jones fits in your thing, but I'd still put Mike Neal. I have more respect for Jones for doing little (although when he's gotten chances, he's made plays) than not being available like has been Neal's MO this year and last.

                  I can't wait for Alex Green to get his chance.... to be continued......

                  Comment


                  • Here some photos I took, of how Clay is typically blocked about many times a game with no flags.

                    These are holding if it was Tauscher on Peppers or Clifton against Jared Allen.

                    Why is Clay not getting the call? When they let them block him like this, it's hard to get sacks of course.

                    When the zebra allows the guy to get away with this, he will keep lasso-ing Clay over and over like this. It needs to be called right away. You cannot allow them to grab a guy's shoulder, neck, jersey like that.

                    Sidenote. Notice Hawk not winning his one-on-one with a little running back, and all kinds of space for AJ to run around the guy. Or blast him back. But he was stalemated. Maybe his job was just to prevent the FB from getting out as a receiver.

                    A lot of people are wondering why Matthews sack #'s are so way down.



                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      Good call on Lattimore.
                      Woodson, not BJ, has to be the DPOY for us.
                      Woodson is top-3 right now in the NFL for that award. 3 Picks, 2-Pick 6's.... sure he's allowed some plays, but he always has. He's made bigger plays. At least so far......

                      I guess James Jones fits in your thing, but I'd still put Mike Neal. I have more respect for Jones for doing little (although when he's gotten chances, he's made plays) than not being available like has been Neal's MO this year and last.

                      I can't wait for Alex Green to get his chance.... to be continued......
                      Woodson is a having a good start to the season but he's given up some big plays. Raji is the anchor to the leagues top ranked run defense. JMO.

                      Comment


                      • I'd imagine that TT is going to let this season play out before talks get serious with Jermichael. I would guess that he's been in touch with his agent but that nothing has been serious yet.

                        I get that Jermichael wants the ball but after the 1st game vs. NO everyone was like "Where was James Jones?". Aaron realizes he has a ton of weapons and goes with the hot hand, Finley had 3 TD's last week, it's a game by game thing. Jermichael is going to get his TD's and yards.

                        He just needs to play the game and toe the company line, do that and TT will reward you for your play on the field and your attitude off of it.

                        If Finley doesnt want to stay that's his right and he can follow the money to where ever that leads him. He does need to realize that there are only so many elite QB's out there and he's getting his chance to play with one right now.
                        Rock Jock

                        Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

                        Comment


                        • Who are the young & possible emerging great QBs and who are the great QBs?

                          NE has 2 good young TEs.
                          NO has Jimmy Graham.
                          Indy has Dallas Clark.
                          We have Finley.

                          That's it for the elite QBs.

                          Rivers has Gates, who's almost done.
                          Romo.... the Romocoaster, loves Witten.

                          Young possibly next level ones:
                          Stafford, they have Pettigrew and my man Scheffler.
                          Matt Ryan, has Gonzalez who is on his last legs. He'd go there happily.
                          Joe Flacco sucks, but they could use Finley there.
                          Big Ben, they could use him as Heath Miller is old.

                          Sam Bradford? They could really use J-mike.
                          I don't know why J-mike would wanna go there, except the big $.

                          He'd be excited to join Cam Newton, but they just added Shockey and Greg Olsen already.... still, J-mike is way better, and much younger.

                          Philly? He'd be up for joining them, or the Giants. Philly snatches everyone up, don't be shocked for them to throw a big #$ at Finley. Somehow their cap situation is fine.

                          Comment


                          • I don't see us investing big money in Jermichael and I don't see him taking any form of a discount given what he said after the game Sunday.

                            How much can we really invest in paying pass catchers or in one position? Jones is locked up for a bit, Nelson just got his money, Cobb was a 2nd rounder and has stud written all over him, and Jennings is going to need an extension soon as he is one of the league's best. DJ Williams, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, and Tom Crabtree all have their niches with this team and after our success last year I think we will be fine if we use our tight ends situationally instead of having the one high priced pro-bowl caliber player. I'm not the biggest fan of Finley's character either. He seems to be a me first type of guy and that really conflicts with the makeup of this team.


                            Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              I don't see us investing big money in Jermichael and I don't see him taking any form of a discount given what he said after the game Sunday.

                              How much can we really invest in paying pass catchers or in one position? Jones is locked up for a bit, Nelson just got his money, Cobb was a 2nd rounder and has stud written all over him, and Jennings is going to need an extension soon as he is one of the league's best. DJ Williams, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, and Tom Crabtree all have their niches with this team and after our success last year I think we will be fine if we use our tight ends situationally instead of having the one high priced pro-bowl caliber player. I'm not the biggest fan of Finley's character either. He seems to be a me first type of guy and that really conflicts with the makeup of this team.
                              I couldn't agree more... like Finley as a talent, but not really as a person.

                              Comment


                              • Nobody here loves the guy more than I do, but I'm afraid you're right PrinceFielder.
                                This is gonna be one of those situations like Cullen Jenkins, where the fan in us wanted us to keep the guy. Where the fan in us felt it was obvious that the player was so good, we should keep the guy.

                                But for business reasons, it just didn't happen.

                                J-Mike is the same guy he was coming out of Austin: Talented as hell, but there were reasons he wasn't a 1st round pick like a Shockey, Greg Olsen, Pettigrew. Isn't that funny? Think about those 3 guys. They all have their warts too, yet were 1st rounders.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information