This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
    Nobody here loves the guy more than I do, but I'm afraid you're right PrinceFielder.
    This is gonna be one of those situations like Cullen Jenkins, where the fan in us wanted us to keep the guy. Where the fan in us felt it was obvious that the player was so good, we should keep the guy.

But for business reasons, it just didn't happen.

J-Mike is the same guy he was coming out of Austin: Talented as hell, but there were reasons he wasn't a 1st round pick like a Shockey, Greg Olsen, Pettigrew. Isn't that funny? Think about those 3 guys. They all have their warts too, yet were 1st rounders.
    I think the difference with Cullen and Finley is that Finley is a monster and can be that difference maker. Cullen is a very solid player but is more replaceable then a Finley. DJ Williams is still a question mark simply since he hasn't been on the field hardly at all but is not the player physically Finley is right now.
    Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJock07 View Post
      I think the difference with Cullen and Finley is that Finley is a monster and can be that difference maker. Cullen is a very solid player but is more replaceable then a Finley. DJ Williams is still a question mark simply since he hasn't been on the field hardly at all but is not the player physically Finley is right now.
      Well that, and about 5 years more of youth for J-Mike. Isn't he only 25?

Comment

• Same old Farve

Favre throws another interception

Comment

Well that, and about 5 years more of youth for J-Mike. Isn't he only 25?
          Age doesn't have anything to do with it. TT could save money by not signing a Jenkins and replace him with a 2nd round pick who was poised to take over the position. Yes Jenkins is 30 but still has some good solid years left hence the contract with the Eagles. Being 25 has no effect whether JM gets a contract or not.

As far as Farve, good god can he really not help himself. The great thing about Aaron is he only needs a couple comments for him to use that as ammo for getting better.

Aaron likes the underdog role and the fact that the media is worried about the Eagles and the Cowboys is only fuel to him. The Packers again are in the shadows despite being 4-0 and defending SB champs.

I respect Aaron because he's never forgotten the people that have doubted him and being motivated to use that as fuel to become the best ever is awesome. Maybe he doesn't really care about Brett but I'd bet that he wants to go down as better then Brett and will work his ass off for that.
          Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Aaron is well on his way to go down better than Brett. And he knows it.

But, that doesn't lead him to say anything that makes an ESPN headline, or come off as a 'douchebag'. I like the smirks he usually has before answering a Favre question. The quiet confidence yet classy.

Comment

• PF28 you also said the Packers wouldnt keep James Jones. Finely is dumb but the Packers would be even dumber to let him go. I just dont see him in any colors besides green and gold next year. He gives us an advantage in so many ways.
              Last edited by PackerLegend; 10-05-2011, 08:18 PM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                PF28 you also said the Packers wouldnt keep James Jones. Finely is dumb but the Packers would be even dumber to let him go. I just dont see him in any colors besides green and gold next year. He gives us an advantage in so many ways.
                It was obvious that management's intentions were to let James walk...he had zero suitors, was available for cheap, and had the support of the locker room. We all know that Finley's market will be huge.

If I had to guess a destination for Finley, I would say Miami. The Phins look like they have as good a chance as any to land the 1st pick and Mr. Luck and pairing Finley with Marshall would be wise for them.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                  It was obvious that management's intentions were to let James walk...he had zero suitors, was available for cheap, and had the support of the locker room. We all know that Finley's market will be huge.

If I had to guess a destination for Finley, I would say Miami. The Phins look like they have as good a chance as any to land the 1st pick and Mr. Luck and pairing Finley with Marshall would be wise for them.
                  I see the Giants if he were to leave. Losing Boss has clearly effected that offense. A contender, bigger market, the money should be thrown his way. He could be real dangerous there.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    I see the Giants if he were to leave. Losing Boss has clearly effected that offense. A contender, bigger market, the money should be thrown his way. He could be real dangerous there.
                    That's a reason why we need to keep him: because he WILL improve one of our competitors as well as take away our weapon or weapon-decoy.

Rodgers passer rating is 125 thru 4 games. That's unheard of. He has figured out how to use Finley as a weapon no matter what the defense does.

With him, Jennings, Jordy, and now Cobb, those are 4 dangerous playmakers. Jones and Driver are decent, and we've seen them each make big plays too. But the other 4 are simply tough matchups. But it's revolving around J-Mike.

I wanna keep him for sure. So does Aaron.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                      PF28 you also said the Packers wouldnt keep James Jones. Finely is dumb but the Packers would be even dumber to let him go. I just dont see him in any colors besides green and gold next year. He gives us an advantage in so many ways.
                      Same here. Alot of panic over nothing IMO. We know his value and have the money to sign him to a short term deal, which is what we've done with Jennings and Nelson. Personally I think the Packers are just waiting because they want to make sure they aren't investing in an injury prone player. Worst case there's the franchise tag.

Comment

• It bothers me when he says things that indicate that he believes this offense revolves around him instead of just being one of the weapons. Calling himself the "playmaker" of this offense. Are Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, not also playmakers in this offense?

That being said I saw an article this morning that said Finley and McCarthy had a talk and he feels better now. (Sorry can't find the link now but it was on Jsonline or packersnews)

Finley seems to speak before thinking sometimes and lets the emotions of the moment dictate his comments. I'm sure he was frustrated after being double teamed all day. Hopefully that is all this was.
                        bow ties are

Comment

• Originally posted by TimmG6376 View Post
                          It bothers me when he says things that indicate that he believes this offense revolves around him instead of just being one of the weapons. Calling himself the "playmaker" of this offense. Are Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, not also playmakers in this offense?

That being said I saw an article this morning that said Finley and McCarthy had a talk and he feels better now. (Sorry can't find the link now but it was on Jsonline or packersnews)

Finley seems to speak before thinking sometimes and lets the emotions of the moment dictate his comments. I'm sure he was frustrated after being double teamed all day. Hopefully that is all this was.
                          Sounds like the young Charles Woodson.
                          Hopefully our old Charles has a one-on-one talk and straightens the youngster out.

Nick Collins. I love the guy so this makes me sad.
                          Last edited by J-Mike88; 10-06-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Aaron Rodgers, when throwing down field more than 15 yards, has a Total QBR (ESPN's stat) of 99.8 (out of 100).
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              Aaron Rodgers, when throwing down field more than 15 yards, has a Total QBR (ESPN's stat) of 99.8 (out of 100).
                              Phenomenal.... I saw that. Matty Ryan's is terrible.
                              But that s***t can change, fast if Julio and Roddy stop dropping the ball.
                              Hopefully, Ryan doesn't have time to throw deep Sunday night!

Clay, SICK THE ICE PRINCESS!

Comment

Sounds like the young Charles Woodson.
                                Hopefully our old Charles has a one-on-one talk and straightens the youngster out.

Nick Collins. I love the guy so this makes me sad.
                                Nice to hear from Nick. He's gotta wear that cast for about another month

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information