This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
    J-Mike is the same guy he was coming out of Austin: Talented as hell, but there were reasons he wasn't a 1st round pick like a Shockey, Greg Olsen, Pettigrew. Isn't that funny? Think about those 3 guys. They all have their warts too, yet were 1st rounders.
    Finley was a RS Sophmore with very little film & experience, and he ran a slow 40 time. Those were the only reasons he wasn't a 1st rder. Those guys you listed got to be the man for their schools, most time a few years before coming out. Nobody had really seen much of Finley to throw a 1st out there. That, and people just assumed he was going to run a 4.4 or a low 4.5 so he let some people down in that aspect.

That said, why would not being a 1st rd pick matter? Look at Jimmy Graham. Unfinished product like Finley was coming out, but if both of those guys stayed and put up big seasons like all those others did they would have been 1st rounders also.

You guys have so many weapons though you have the luxury of going about it as you choose, but it seems unlikely you let him walk for nothing. A bunch of teams would trade something for him under the franchise tag. I don't think he's totally got the team concept thing down yet and is more concerned with being a star.

He may have to move on if he feels that way, but he's young and still stupid, and when he doesn't have Rodgers throwing him the ball right where it needs to be he'll know he messed up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I wanna keep him for sure. So does Aaron.
      This is why i think/hope he will stay. Jones was probably gone if it wasnt for ar lobbying for him. If aaron wants him, which he does, i think he will stay.

On Andrew Luck
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

• Comment

• Aaron's brother, Jordan, is playing for Vandy right now

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• We should trade Finley for a first round pick!! We have the emergence of Williams who looks like a young Finley, we could do with another first after drafting near the end of the draft for years and hes just not right mentally. He thinks hes the worlds greatest tight end when hes only had about one season of production. We don't need him on our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
              We should trade Finley for a first round pick!! We have the emergence of Williams who looks like a young Finley, we could do with another first after drafting near the end of the draft for years and hes just not right mentally. He thinks hes the worlds greatest tight end when hes only had about one season of production. We don't need him on our team.
              No. No, no, no, no no. NO.

Comment

• You guys are crazy for even thinking that its like beneficial to get rid of Finely or something. Id also say your crazy if you think hes not on this team next year. MM loves the guy and so does Rodgers. He is a guy that TT drafted and unless he demands a trade , holds out and says he isnt playing another down for us hes going nowhere. He is a focal point of this team and a huge mismatch. You dont just willing let guys like him go that are special and dont come around often. So he said hes a playmaker and you have to find ways to get playmakers the ball... big deal, hes basically right about what he said. Jones basically said the same thing week 1. These guys are all competitive and they just want to be involved. Plus hes still young and will mature more with age.

SuperPacker the emergence of Williams? What has he even done to prove absolutely anything in this league besides the stuff you heard he did in practice? I dont even think he has been on the field yet this year besides special teams. Plenty of guys of rode the hype train to turn around and do nothing in the NFL. He looks like a young Finely? I dont know Finely was old seeing how hes what only like 24 and Williams is 23.
                Last edited by PackerLegend; 10-09-2011, 10:06 AM.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
                  We should trade Finley for a first round pick!! We have the emergence of Williams who looks like a young Finley, we could do with another first after drafting near the end of the draft for years and hes just not right mentally. He thinks hes the worlds greatest tight end when hes only had about one season of production. We don't need him on our team.
                  Williams is nothing like Finley, at all.

I hope GB can keep him, look at how much more explosive this offense is this year with just his presence in there

Comment

• Rodgers is on pace for over 5,500 yards passing, 45 TD's, and only 6 int

I grew up with Favre as the Packers QB(lucky me) and I always thought that once he hangs it up it would suck to deal with having a mediocre QB...turns out I get to watch a QB who is BETTER than Favre for hopefully the next 10 years

definitely cherishing this moment. My entire life I've seen my favorite team have elite level QB play. Hoping to see a couple more SB's now, to

Comment

• Injuries midweek are a lot better than in-game, because the Doctor Dom can prepare his scheme and cook up some things during the week prior to the game.

He's fine with the in-game adjustments too, but it's harder with injuries and bodies lost, obviously.

A great slate of NFL games on Fox tomorrow!

Go Niners.

Comment

• Looking ahead to next week (I hate the Vikings)..... this I don't like, with Clifton being out. I hate Jared Allen too.

Week after week, RE Jared Allen (63 snaps) and LE Brian Robison (62) find ways to top themselves. Allen beat LT Levi Brown for sacks in 3.0 and 2.5 seconds, torched Brown outside for another hit and finished with seven total pressures on QB Kevin Kolb. He also batted a pass, made his presence felt in the run game and recovered the fumble forced by Robison, who stripped Kolb in 2.6 seconds, got a cleanup sack in 3.8 and totaled seven pressures against fill-in RT Jeremy Bridges. Not even 24 chips and extra-man protection calls in 55 dropbacks (43.6%) or injuries could hold down Allen (poked in eye) and Robison (abdominal strain). The illegal use of hands penalty on Bridges that wiped out WR Early Doucet's 11-yard touchdown catch was a product of Robison's speed rush, too.

Comment

Looking ahead to next week
                          Never a good thing to do. The Rams may be winless but they have nothing to lose. Could be a simular game to that against Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                            Never a good thing to do. The Rams may be winless but they have nothing to lose. Could be a similar game to that against Carolina.
                            Right. Hopefully the players aren't looking ahead at all as I am.
                            Michael Irvin just said he doesn't see a way we can lose to these Rams.

With injuries, anything can happen though.

Comment

Right. Hopefully the players aren't looking ahead at all as I am.
                              Michael Irvin just said he doesn't see a way we can lose to these Rams.

With injuries, anything can happen though.
                              Just like last year when we weren't supposed to lose to the Redskins and Dolphins...

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                                Just like last year when we weren't supposed to lose to the Redskins and Dolphins...
                                And the Buccs a year before that!! God that was embarassing. Anyway we won so lets move onto the vikings game. I reckon we will be 7-0 quite comfortably heading into the bye

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information