This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
    Just like last year when we weren't supposed to lose to the Redskins and Dolphins...
    Exactly. We lost to McNabb and Henne for God's sake. And later to Shaun Hill.

But we didn't lose any of those games because I, or cvv84, were looking ahead.

That being said, the Packers will be facing Christian Ponder in his first NFL start.
    If we get some pressure on him, Woodson might get a pick-6.

However, I wanted to face McNabb not Ponder, for 2 reasons.
    #1- More Viking fans would have sold their tickets to Packer fans if it was going to be more of the same, McNabb. Now they will want to see the debut of their 1st round pick, who they got excited about in preseason.

#2- If it was McNabb, every single incomplete pass he threw in there would have resulted in a growing chorus of boos. Like what Kyle Orton faced in Denver and Rex Grossman in Washington last week. That pressure sucks, at home, for any QB.

I remember well losing to Josh Freeman and the 0-7 Bucs, in their house. The team, and their fans, really rallied around him.
    We need to get up early, and throttle these grape apes right out the chute. I want to hammer them.

Comment

• Found this little nugget:

The Rams showed a clear intent to run left on the Packers, 18 of their runs went to the left side of the center.
      Just show's how weak we've been on that side since Jenkins left and Neal/Zombo got hurt. Hopefully that will start to change with Zombo back and Neal supposedly going to return. Walden has been a disapointment after winning the job during preseason.

Comment

• Something I found a bit surprising

we have been harping on the D so far this year and how it has not looked anything like last year's D

well, after 7 games last year, the defense gave up 136 points. This year, they've given up 141. I'll take that especially since the offense has scored nearly 100 points MORE than it did last year at this point

obviously the D has things to work on, but just like last year, in the 2nd half they started to turn things around. Hopefully the same happens this year

D is still creating a lot of turnovers(lead NFL in INT's) and while their pass rush has to improve, they've still registered the 4th most sacks. Outside of this past week, the run D has been good

they just need to tighten up vs the pass going forward. Easier said than done but with this secondary I still refuse to think that they won't be able to do it. Tramon should be 100% healthy after the bye with his shoulder healed up, Shields will back and was starting to look like last year's Shields the last few weeks. Burnett has also continued to shine and he'll be getting that club off his hand eventually. Don't need the D to dominate right now anyway, but they'll need to bring their A game once the playoffs start
        Last edited by BloodBrother; 10-28-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Good stats.... the problem is that turnovers, even though we are a turnover-forcing defense, don't always come.
          I'd rather be able to stop people from big plays consistently.
          In other words, I want to force punts more often than depend on a pick.

Still, the bottom line is points. And wins of course.

Comment

• Whats our average points per game now? Last year it was something like 15 which is great. I dont pay attention to any of the other stats because they are all meaningless!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
              Whats our average points per game now? Last year it was something like 15 which is great. I dont pay attention to any of the other stats because they are all meaningless!
              32.9 ppg which is 2nd in the NFL. Last season we averaged 24.3 ppg.

Our defense is giving up 20.1 ppg which is a 5 point increase over last season's average of 15.0 ppg.

Comment

• So our offense is a lot better and of defense is only slightly worse! Why are people complaining? We're 7-0

Comment

• Again though, the D wasn't as dominant to start the season last year. They really turned it around during the 2nd half of the season. Hoping this year's D can do the same

if not...as long as they can keep their ppg against at 20 or below, that will be fine. This offense will average over 30 ppg on offense

Comment

• If we don't make it back to the Super Bowl, and you get money now for choosing the team who beats us in the NFC Playoffs should that occur, what team do you put your money on?

I'll still take the Eagles, but San Fran with their strong running game, might be a good matchup for January frozen Tundra weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      If we don't make it back to the Super Bowl, and you get money now for choosing the team who beats us in the NFC Playoffs should that occur, what team do you put your money on?

I'll still take the Eagles, but San Fran with their strong running game, might be a good matchup for January frozen Tundra weather.
                      The eagles? Their dun defense is too bad and mike vick is too inconsistant! San Francisco i like and the Saints too. But i cant really see any team beating us :D

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
                        The eagles? Their dun defense is too bad and mike vick is too inconsistant! San Francisco i like and the Saints too. But i cant really see any team beating us :D
                        So your free money is on the 49ers, if anyone.
                        They do run it well, which is critical for January football in Green Bay.

Playoff Forecast

#1- Packers
                        #2- 49ers
                        #3- Saints 11-5
                        #4- Eagles 10-6
                        #5- Detroit 11-5
                        #6- Giants 9-7

Giants at Saints
                        Lions at Eagles

Saints at 49ers
                        Eagles at Packers

Comment

• I'd say the Lions are our greatest threat because they have the offensive fire power to keep up...the Eagles being 2nd because Vick has always given the team issues, McCoy is one of the best backs in football, and their defense has the players in the secondary to match up with our weapons

San Francisco is playing good football but their secondary has too little talent to compete with our squad and Alex Smith is still their QB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                            So your free money is on the 49ers, if anyone.
                            They do run it well, which is critical for January football in Green Bay.

Playoff Forecast

#1- Packers
                            #2- 49ers
                            #3- Saints 11-5
                            #4- Eagles 10-6
                            #5- Detroit 11-5
                            #6- Giants 9-7

Giants at Saints
                            Lions at Eagles

Saints at 49ers
                            Eagles at Packers
                            Yeah i'd say thats pretty much spot on. Maybe swap the Giants for either the Buccs or the Falcons!

Comment

• I would take New Orleans.

While I think Philadelphia will be a pretty good football team come January, they have an uphill battle to make the playoffs. If they don't win in New York week 11, they don't have a very realistic shot at winning the East. They're also behind four teams in the wildcard race, one of which (Atlanta) has the head-to-head against them. They definitely need to sustain their recent level of play to get into the playoffs.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• I'm not buying the Niners. They sort of remind me of the 2010 Falcons. Sparkling record was due to beating up on weak/soft teams and then they got exposed in the playoffs. I think the same will happen to SF

Saints D won't stop the Pack but when Brees is on that offense can get into a shootout with GB. Eagles are another team but until they are actually IN the fold for the playoffs I'll worry about them. They are still 3 games back. They need to take advantage of these next 5-6 games here, as the Giants have just a brutal stretch coming up. OBviously need to win their head to head game @ New York as well

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information