This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
    Well, looks like last monday was an anomaly. D looks soft again today. Another week, another opponent going for over 400 total yards on this D
    tackling has been awful

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• that's an understatement. So often you'll see the DB's going high at Blount picking at the ball. FFS wrap his legs up already

As usual, TE's just running free over the middle for easy completions. Hopefully Detroit used up all their ammo in today's game and will be firing blanks no Thursday

Packers go banged up pretty good today. Bishop looked shaken up, Bulaga, Clay had a stinger looks like, Jennings got hit in th eknee on a freakin wr screen on the last play at the half(totally pointless play)...and unfortuantely Starks got twisted pretty badly

I hope he's not done for the year or the run game will go from mediocre to crap

Update: Starks carted to locker room in passenger seat which means its not a knee that ails him

Comment

• McCarthy said Starks has a knee sprain and will get more tests later this week

so...he has a torn ACL

Comment

• Almost lost Finley and Jennings at the end of the first half. I don't understand why they were running plays with 20 secs left when they were getting the ball back at the start of the 2nd half.

Rodgers needs to recognize his value to this team. Lowering his shoulder at the goal line was so ***** stupid. He didn't appear to take a bad shot but you never know what can happen. I could be crazy but he seemed a bit off after that.

Defense was greedy early on, going for the TO instead of just making the play that was in front of them.

Run defense settled down after that big run by Blount, but too many wide open receivers.
          bow ties are

Comment

• For the record, finley said that Starks was walking around in the locker room and smiling...said he seemed fine

Didn't really like some of the playcalling today. That WR screen with like...10 seconds left in the 2nd was so pointless and just let to Jennings taking a shot to his legs

then, after Cobb returned it to the Bucs 45 in the 4th with about 5 minutes to go...up 9, they decide to pass on 1st down? At the very least, pass it downfield so if it is picked off it's like a punt. Tried another short pass

just a sloppy game for the Packers all around and they are lucky they got the win. Any excitement I had about the D went out the window again this week with this performance. So much for building off that MNF game.

Comment

• I was at the game today and came away unimpressed yet again.

Our secondary just can't see to get things straight. Somebody always seems to run free and make play. Alot of it is just simple stuff too, crossing routes, checkdowns, and "pick" plays.

I have to say I think the biggest difference is that we just simply aren't getting the pass rush that we've had in previous years. Guys can only cover for so long before being exposed. This game it seemed like we didn't move Matthews around and basically just did vanilla schemes as opposed to Monday night.

Say what you want about the offensive line too, I think those guys have played well considering they're missing Clifton out there. Newhouse has held his own and Bulaga has anchored the right side. However I think whats killing our protection is our unwillingness to run the football. We ran the shotgun A TON today and even after Cobb had a huge punt return late in the 4th quarter while we had the lead McCarthy still chose to keep passing which led to Rodgers INT. At some point you need to have faith in your run game. I don't see why Starks doesn't get the ball 15-18 times a game. Yes we have a QB playing phenominally but look what happened when he was off today. A better team could've capitalized and beaten us.

Yeah we won and when it mattered we came through, however we gave up 450 yards to a team struggling offensively! It just dumbfounds me and I'm really starting to question Capers and how he's utilizing the guys we have. How we just fall to bottom in defense after 1 season is shocking - especially considering we only lost 2 players - 1 of which was on IR!

Time to panic? Hardly. However at this point I expected to see corrections and adjustments to our defense and just simply hasn't happened. It just reminds me of the Superbowl against the Broncos where we came out like "we've been here before" and got walked all over.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                I was at the game today and came away unimpressed yet again.

Our secondary just can't see to get things straight. Somebody always seems to run free and make play. Alot of it is just simple stuff too, crossing routes, checkdowns, and "pick" plays.

I have to say I think the biggest difference is that we just simply aren't getting the pass rush that we've had in previous years. Guys can only cover for so long before being exposed. This game it seemed like we didn't move Matthews around and basically just did vanilla schemes as opposed to Monday night.

Say what you want about the offensive line too, I think those guys have played well considering they're missing Clifton out there. Newhouse has held his own and Bulaga has anchored the right side. However I think whats killing our protection is our unwillingness to run the football. We ran the shotgun A TON today and even after Cobb had a huge punt return late in the 4th quarter while we had the lead McCarthy still chose to keep passing which led to Rodgers INT. At some point you need to have faith in your run game. I don't see why Starks doesn't get the ball 15-18 times a game. Yes we have a QB playing phenominally but look what happened when he was off today. A better team could've capitalized and beaten us.

Yeah we won and when it mattered we came through, however we gave up 450 yards to a team struggling offensively! It just dumbfounds me and I'm really starting to question Capers and how he's utilizing the guys we have. How we just fall to bottom in defense after 1 season is shocking - especially considering we only lost 2 players - 1 of which was on IR!

Time to panic? Hardly. However at this point I expected to see corrections and adjustments to our defense and just simply hasn't happened. It just reminds me of the Superbowl against the Broncos where we came out like "we've been here before" and got walked all over.
                Good stuff cvv. I see it all the same way there...... I have a bad feeling that when we do lose, and it may be this week in Detroit, it will be a lot like that loss in 2008 at New Orleans on MNF. I expect someone like Stafford, or even Eli who is struggling early tonight, to carve us up.

Hell, Rivers, Freeman, Newton all carved us up much of the games.

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                The OL is regressing as the year goes on. Not good. Rodgers is taking too many hits

looked a little shaken up after that last one to. Ugh. Sack up already, OL
                I really worry about Rodgers in Detroit.
                We all know they (luck involved) knocked him in the head and out of the game there last year.

But their DL is mean, nasty, and dirty. Avril is dirty, so is Suh.
                I have a bad feeling about this game Thursday.

People wonder where the pass rush on the DL has gone too, or our whole defense for that matter.... if anyone has watched the first half of this Eagles-Giants game, you've seen what/who we're really missing. I think we miss Cullen more than Collins.

Comment

• Responding to the thought on Capers, I have to agree. I am really starting to question his game planning. I am really sick of watching us sit in zone coverage with WRs running their routes free without anybody pressuring them. Can we please let our CBs do what they do best and play some press coverage???

This is part of the reason we have WRs and TEs running free all the time. If I were MM I would be having a sit down with Capers, I've heard the players come out and take accountability for what has been happening, but I haven't heard much from him. I've kept myself pretty composed every week telling myself it will get better, but I am starting to lose hope.

Comment

• Yep. Sick of this soft zone crap

anything 10-15 yards downfield is there with not a defender in sight. It's pitch and catch for them

the LBers are just hooooorrible in coverage and the lack of pass rush really exposes them in this area.

Comment

• Yeah our ILBers are terrible at coverage. Brandon Chillar wasn't perfect, but he was much better in this area.

I don't blame Capers at all. There are only so many ways he can blitz.
                      He's done em all already.... teams have seen em all.

What he needs is out of his control. He needs someone on the DL who can beat double teams occasionally and pressure QBs.

And he had that guy last year.

Any of you watch the MNF game last night, you saw him tormenting Eli Manning. That's not Capers fault. That one is on Ted apparently. A lot of you guys called it right away when you saw the relatively small contract he got from the Eagles, thought we could have absorbed that.

Tough to question Teddy these days, but nobody is perfect. It would appear that it might be one of his rare mistakes.
                      But then again, we're 10-0 for the 3rd time ever and the first 2, we won NFL championship.

Sadly, one of those two times, we then went to Detroit and got throttled for our first loss.
                      I fear this will happen again this Thursday and make Thanksgiving turkey taste like s*** afterwards.
                      But as long as we follow suit in the post-season like those other 2 seasons, we'll take it.

Comment

• Thanksgiving turkey will never taste like sh*t!...but a Pack loss would ruin the day

Comment

• A day, try a week.

Comment

• So anyone else see the article on TJ Lang? I remember people (including myself) wondering why he couldn't break through and overtake Colledge. Also explains why Sherrod was given the first shot at LG in preseason.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...134726453.html
                            bow ties are

Comment

• Really good read.

Comment

• I hate it when people say Eli is clutch. What that means is that hes s*** for all the other drives but hes good on the last one. Rodgers hardly ever gets called 'clutch' but thats because hes too good for it! Being 'clutch' is a s*** quarterbacks praise. Being good all the time is what the best quarterbacks should aim for.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information