This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Packer Player Appreciation

Its easy to forget some guys that were on our team and then fell off the map. Travis Jervey is one of those guys. He was drafted out of The Citadel in 1995 and managed to put together 9 years in the NFL, the first 4 with the Packers.

He was far from spectacular as a NFL running back, but that guy left everything on the field for our special teams. I remember being younger and watching him bust his ass on kickoff coverages. He was one of one of the hardest working players we had here. As a result, he was voted to the 1998 Pro Bowl for his play on special teams. He's always been one of my favorite players when he was here.

Comment

• Good stuff on former Packers.

You got 5 minutes?
      You want 5 great minutes?
      Check out the video posted here, but hurry before it's taken down:
      http://packersinsider.com/

Comment

• Did anyone else become a part owner of the Packers today?

Comment

• Yep

now we just can't get caught betting on games or caught publicly criticizing nfl teams/players/coaches or else we are subject to being fined by the commissioner lol

Comment

• Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
            Did anyone else become a part owner of the Packers today?
            come on dont rub it in...

Comment

• Per MM:

- Sitton has a chance to practice this week
              - Bishop is "close" to returning
              - Saine and Pickett both suffered concussions, but McCarthy says he believes both will be available this week

and in the biggest news of the week

Greg Jennings has a knee sprain. Expects to be out 2-3 weeks. Feels "fortunate" that it wasn't worse. He'll be in treatment this week and then will be in rehab next couple of weeks. "Safe to say he'll be ready for the playoffs", as McCarthy said

Huuuuuge news!

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                Per MM:

- Sitton has a chance to practice this week
                - Bishop is "close" to returning
                - Saine and Pickett both suffered concussions, but McCarthy says he believes both will be available this week

and in the biggest news of the week

Greg Jennings has a knee sprain. Expects to be out 2-3 weeks. Feels "fortunate" that it wasn't worse. He'll be in treatment this week and then will be in rehab next couple of weeks. "Safe to say he'll be ready for the playoffs", as McCarthy said

Huuuuuge news!
                Honestly, this game should be similar to the Raiders. No need to rush Bishop or Hawk back considering how well the backup ILBs have played, though I'm sure they'll want to get out there. Same with Sitton. Would be nice to see him start but once game is out of hand pull him. Pickett is key to rotation and keeping guys fresh. I'd like to see Saine get some significant playing time to see if he can be a real contributor in the playoffs.
                bow ties are

Comment

• Yeah, Hawk was active yesterday and was slated to get some snaps in the 2nd half, but with the score 31-0, they held him out to heal up some more. I hope they can get up big next week so they can get guys out again

Also, even though it's good news now...I'm still not gonna get too excited. Mike Neal had a "sprained knee" in training camp, and was set for rehab...2-3 weeks later, we find out he has to get surgery. I hope Jennings is better at healing than Mike is

Comment

• I say it should be similar to the Raiders, but you never know how a team is going to react to a HC firing. That makes me a little uneasy, but in the end the Packers are better and should win convincingly.
                    bow ties are

Comment

• WR Tori Gurley is expected to be added to the active roster, with Vic So'oto likely headed to IR

Gurley has been getting high praise from the other WR's for how impressive he has looked in practice.

I like this, as there was a fear that somebody would try to claim him from the PS. Also adds another big target(6'4) for Rodgers, and gives them another WR these last couple of weeks without Jennings

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
                        WR Tori Gurley is expected to be added to the active roster, with Vic So'oto likely headed to IR

Gurley has been getting high praise from the other WR's for how impressive he has looked in practice.

I like this, as there was a fear that somebody would try to claim him from the PS. Also adds another big target(6'4) for Rodgers, and gives them another WR these last couple of weeks without Jennings
                        I'd rather see D.J. Williams used more at WR like the Patriots do with Aaron Hernandez.

Also why not activate Davon House on gamedays? I'd love to get that guy some reps. The players were raving about his progess in practice as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                          I'd rather see D.J. Williams used more at WR like the Patriots do with Aaron Hernandez.

Also why not activate Davon House on gamedays? I'd love to get that guy some reps. The players were raving about his progess in practice as well.
                          Well just because Gurley is promoted to the 53 man roster doesn't mean he will be active.

I've seen comments that House excels at press but I'm guessing he is still learning the other aspects of CB at this level. This stretch would be a good time to get him some snaps though.
                          bow ties are

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post

I agree on House for sure.
                            But while I like DJ Williams, he's short for a TE and I'd much rather have Gurley out there. I think he has shown big play ability.

I just hope Jennings comes back the same as the normal Jennings, whenever it is.

Comment

• I come in peace.

What kind of feelings are you guys getting in regard to how hard the Packers will push for 16 - 0? I just think it could be a really interesting game in week 16 if the Packers are 15-0 and the Lions need a win for a playoff spot.

Comment

• Over the next 3 games it would be nice to see Saine, Gurley, Lattimore, House and MD Jennings get some extended playing time!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information