Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Bay Press-Gazette did their lead sports story yesterday on trying to determine who the best Packer off all-time is; they decided on Don Hutson. I would lean towards Brett Favre, and while Hutson had an incredible career I think it's hard to place a player who very few people today have actually ever seen play. Plus I would not expect a writer for Press-Gazette to write a glowing article about Favre at this point in time.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Interesting. Ron Wolf recently had this to say:

“To me, Brett Favre and I are like connected at the hips. I feel strong loyalty to Brett Favre. When I got here, Don Huston was the greatest player ever to play for the Green Bay Packers. I think everybody will tell you now, the greatest player ever to play for the Packers is Brett Favre. That’s his legacy.”
      I think it's pretty amazing that our favorite team has such a great history that we're able to debate who was better: the all-time leading passer, or the guy who invented the pass route.

Comment

• It's a flukey "stat" with minimal bearing.

Winning percentage is a far more accurate way to gauge the exact same thing; how clutch the QB is. But wait, that has nothing to do with being clutch! Except that it does. Producing a TD on the first drive that gives your team momentum = just as much as a game-tying TD in the 4th.

Points per drive or winning percentage evaluation is a much more accurate and logical way to deduce the vague idea that those articles describe. Being "clutch" (as in evening up games or taking the lead in the 4th) is overrated. Winning is what matters. A close 4th quarter win might be more fun to watch but every coach on the planet would rather his QB stack up points for a big lead and cruise on home.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Woo!

Comment

• Neal activated, Merling cut

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Neal activated, Merling cut
              Come on Neal show us u were worth 2nd round

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Rodgers has missed the deep throw all year... this really sucks.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Brian Bullock is a horrid announcer wheres my mute button. Neal sighting already should have had a sack.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Greg Van Roten has been signed off the practice squad

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how serious injuries are coming out of the Houston game.

The LBs will be interesting however if shields has to miss time there is actually depth at CB. How is Devon House progressing?
                      Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Man, Hayward is really looking like one hell of a draft pick.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Woodson broke his collarbone, out six weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            Woodson broke his collarbone, out six weeks
                            Greaaattttt.

Comment

• Well, he is old

Good news is the next 3 weeks shape up well with them facing the Jags and CArds and then the Bye week. I think Woodson's presence on the field will be missed moreso than his play at this stage in his career.

If they get Shields back this week or next, I think they can manage just fine

Comment

• my main concern is I hope Dom doesn't go with more zone coverage because of this

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information