Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nice part about bringing in Grant is that his style actually complements Green's. Green is fast, elusive, and has great hands out of the backfield. Things Grant really isnt. Grant will get maybe 8-10 carries for 30-40 yards; if he does that I think that is more than enough. Let Green get 15-20 carries. Also, with Kuhn, we have a pass protector and a guy that can take 5 carries as well in a game.

Poor Starks though; the guy just can't catch a break. I mean, his running style is so violent, it is not a surprise. Was injured in college, and he is injured in the pros - hopefully he can pull a Mike Neal (fingers crossed) and stay healthy next season. Starks is still my #1 RB on the Packers roster, but maybe Green can turn it up a notch.

Comment

• Scratch the Mike Neal staying healthy part, MM just said that he did not feel good about what the training staff told him......Neal is sooo powerful, that is a loss in the pass rush area for sure.

Comment

• Yeah looks like Mike Neal's longest stretch of not-being-injured might be over.
        Sucks....

Comment

• God damn... when this team drafts next year I think they seriously need to consider moving durability up their list.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
            God damn... when this team drafts next year I think they seriously need to consider moving durability up their list.
            If only it were that easy.
            It's mostly luck, and we have bad luck.

Cedric Benson was durable before..... which is why MM was happy to get him.
            Then BOOM, same BS that all our guys have.

Charles Woodson was brittle though in Oakland, then gave us a good 5 years before going down.

Comment

• Coach McCarthy had some positive remarks on Vice Young today, and Vince has been putting in the extra time to try and stick with the squad.

We have a hungry QB in Young, with superior abilities and intangibles to the other quarterbacks on the roster, and the team would be wise to see what they can mold Young into in case Aaron was to get hurt during the season.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• I agree. Much more upside in the short term with Young than with either of those other two... I could never trust one of those two to win a game. Also are we going to see Lacy do something??... Lets see him in a game before we go assume he is the savior to the run game. Its too small of a sample size, believe me I hope he is and think he can very well be. We just need to see a few games outta him first.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvns View Post
                  I agree. Much more upside in the short term with Young than with either of those other two... I could never trust one of those two to win a game. Also are we going to see Lacy do something??... Lets see him in a game before we go assume he is the savior to the run game. Its too small of a sample size, believe me I hope he is and think he can very well be. We just need to see a few games outta him first.
                  Lacy will get his opportunities, but regardless of who is named "starter" there will be three backs rotating and playing in roles where they thrive...Lacy will be short yardage/red zone, Harris will be change of pace throughout the game and Franklin can be utilized during passing down, either as a receiver or stepping up in pass protection

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Coach McCarthy had some positive remarks on Vice Young today, and Vince has been putting in the extra time to try and stick with the squad.

We have a hungry QB in Young, with superior abilities and intangibles to the other quarterbacks on the roster, and the team would be wise to see what they can mold Young into in case Aaron was to get hurt during the season.
                    The only problem with Young is that he can't throw.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      The only problem with Young is that he can't throw.
                      I feel that's a common misconception when it comes to Vince's game. Following his rookie season he has been right around 60% completion percentage for his career. With his three quarters delivery he can become a little erratic at times, but he's certainly no Tim Tebow when talking about throwing motion/delivery. Vince possesses the arm strength to push the ball downfield, unlike Harrell, and on top of that he is a threat with his legs even on passing downs. He simply makes the defense work more.

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        Lacy will get his opportunities, but regardless of who is named "starter" there will be three backs rotating and playing in roles where they thrive...Lacy will be short yardage/red zone, Harris will be change of pace throughout the game and Franklin can be utilized during passing down, either as a receiver or stepping up in pass protection
                        Yeah if all Lacy does this year is improve this teams ability to pick up 2nd & 3rd down in short yardage or goal to go situations he'll be worth the pick. I don't know the numbers but just based on observation they have been putrid in those situations over the last two seasons.
                        bow ties are

Comment

• Originally posted by TimmG6376 View Post
                          Yeah if all Lacy does this year is improve this teams ability to pick up 2nd & 3rd down in short yardage or goal to go situations he'll be worth the pick. I don't know the numbers but just based on observation they have been putrid in those situations over the last two seasons.
                          Agreed. I just want Lacy to be healthy in late November - February. I would rather see the Packers bring him on slow, and have Harris and Starks carry the load early in the season.

On a side note, outside of Bulaga and Tretter, I feel like our injuries have been pretty minimal thus far. It would be nice to get Casey Hayward back for at least the last week of preseason so he has two weeks of practice before the first game.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
                            On a side note, outside of Bulaga and Tretter, I feel like our injuries have been pretty minimal thus far. It would be nice to get Casey Hayward back for at least the last week of preseason so he has two weeks of practice before the first game.
                            Jordy is out at least until September 9th.
                            They say Cobb's bicep will bother him for quite some time.
                            Never heard how bad or long Ryan Taylor was hurt.

Comment

• Dan Carpenter?

Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland maintained all offseason that Dan Carpenter and rookie Caleb Sturgis would stage a training camp battle to become the team's starting kicker. That battle is over.

Carpenter has been released, the team announced.

The move comes as no great surprise, considering Carpenter's prohibitive price tag. He was due $2.675 million in 2013, more than Sturgis -- Miami's fifth-round draft pick -- will cost over the next four seasons.

Carpenter needed a white-hot training camp to keep his job. He hit a pair of field goals against the Dallas Cowboys in the preseason opener, but didn't attempt a kick in Friday's 27-3 win over the Jaguars. Sturgis, meanwhile, nailed on a 58-yarder against Jacksonville.

Making the news especially raw for Carpenter, The Miami Herald reports his wife "is due any moment" with the couple's first child.

Carpenter -- now one of the better kickers on the open market -- shouldn't be out of work for long. For the baby's sake, we hope he finds another gig pronto.
                              -NFL.com

I really wanted to draft Sturgis. They didn't need a new kicker like we did, they still took him and think they have upgraded.

I think we can too.

Comment

• Carpenter is an upgrade over Crosby; hopefully we explore bringing him in

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information