This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes please. Carpenter would be an upgrade over BOTH Crosby and Tavecchio

It's not really TT's MO though so I don't see it happening. Wish it would though. Enough of this kicking competition between 2 guys who shouldn't be starters on any roster....just bring in Carpenter and they instantly have one less position to worry about

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
      Yes please. Carpenter would be an upgrade over BOTH Crosby and Tavecchio

It's not really TT's MO though so I don't see it happening. Wish it would though. Enough of this kicking competition between 2 guys who shouldn't be starters on any roster....just bring in Carpenter and they instantly have one less position to worry about
      I don't know. I felt Crosby was basically on TT and McCarthy's bulletproof list until the family scrimmage. I think that was the moment they decided to move on, either with Tave or a FA. Carpenter would be fantastic.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Looks like Lacy could be ready to go against the Rams. Anxious to see him in some game action. Even if only preseason.
        bow ties are

Comment

• Originally posted by TimmG6376 View Post
          Looks like Lacy could be ready to go against the Rams. Anxious to see him in some game action. Even if only preseason.
          I'd rather he be held out. Let him play a bit next week in the important #3 preseason game back at home vs. the Seahawks.

Give him another week of rest. No need to rush something that lingers.

Feature Starks & Green & Pease.
          Keep Lacy, DuJuan, and Franklin freshed up.

Comment

• Donald this morning on ESPN Mike & Mike in the Morning:

Said Driver: “We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else. If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route’ than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route.’ Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to.”

However, Driver added that “no one knows exactly what happened between those two. I didn’t see anything during the season; I didn’t see anything after the season. But you just never know, you never know what types of things happen between them.”

When asked if Rodgers is a nice guy, Driver said: “He’s a nice guy. I think that’s what you have to respect. I played with him five years so I was able to experience everything he went through. I saw when he first got drafted, he came in with a chip on his shoulder in that draft, and it shouldn’t have been Alex Smith [taken No. 1 overall]. That’s the way the guy is. I’ve always told Aaron, ‘Don’t forget where you come from because the people are the ones who put you on that pedestal. You didn’t put yourself there.’ I think that’s what we learning now. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy, I think he’s a great guy. I’m friends with Aaron.”

Comment

• I really have no idea what to take from that. It sounds like DD was just trying to pander to all sides.

Comment

• Sounds like DD wants Rodgers to take accountability for the WR's screwing up, which doesn't make any sense to me. The WR's need to take accountability for THEIR mistakes

Rodgers was docked during the draft for his attitude by some teams, so I don't doubt that he's probably pretty full of himself, but I don't think he's a bad leader. I don't really care how he is. We had Favre for years and that guy was a huge egotistical blowhard.

Comment

• I wonder if that has changed at all now? Not that I think Rodgers should take responsibility for someone else messing up, but I was just thinking of the context. When Rodgers first became starter there was a ****storm with all the Favre drama. During that time if I was in his shoes I wouldn't have taken responsibility for anyone else's screw ups either. He was already under enough scrutiny for any mistakes he made that actually WERE his fault. But now that he has an MVP and a SB ring I wonder if he'll "protect" the younger guys like DD insinuates he should. I don't really care if he does. I'm more of the opinion that if a guy can't man up to his mistakes then he probably isn't going to last in the NFL for very long.
                  bow ties are

Comment

• There are obviously different types of leaders: some are vocal, lead from the front of the line and others are more laid back, leading by example. Aaron is the latter of the two and has never been the type of guy to absorb blame for any shortcoming, even if it's not his fault (which I know will be argued as something he shouldn't have to do but there are leaders out there who are willing to take the brunt of the blame to make it easier on those around them, and Aaron operates with quite a bit of insecurity for a guy who has accomplished so much. In many ways that insecurity is a plus because it keeps him on his toes and never satisfied, but from the other end, where he is not willing to absorb blame, it leaves the supporting cast in a position to where they have to take heat from the media when it could easily be deflected by one statement from Aaron.

I don't think it's any coincidence that these comments have come from two players who spent a lot of time with Brett and transitioned to Aaron. Brett possessed an ego, but that ego also allowed all the focus to be directed towards him and allowed the supporting cast to just do their jobs. Brett was also one of those leaders who leads from the front and through his emotion.

All-in-all, Jennings and Driver must prefer a leading quarterback like Brett over Aaron. Funny thing about Jennings heading to Minnesota is that he will have a quarterback who takes on all the criticism but not from his own choosing because Christian's marginal play on a consistent basis takes the limelight in the Twin Cities media.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• I always got the impression that Favre's receivers generally liked him because when they screwed up, he'd tell them "hey, that's okay, you'll get it next time" and then he'd throw right back at them.

Comment

• Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 34s

Teams likely to have some interest in former Miami K Dan Carpenter include Packers, Seahawks, Browns, Jets, Bucs.
                        So there's that

Comment

• Carpenter would be such an upgrade over Crosby, a gift really.
                          So look for it.
                          Not.
                          To.
                          Happen.

Comment

• Nothing today?

Comment

• Nothing newsworthy

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                Nothing newsworthy
                                That's probably good....

Within the Packer fan nation, who's the most underrated among:

Jermichael Finley
                                AJ Hawk
                                DuJuan Harris
                                Ryan Pickett
                                Tramon Williams

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information