Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Bay Packers Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
    Anybody who's a close cut will likely be signed to the practice squad so that's a good thing.
    Other teams can then try to acquire them though. Guys like Carlyle Holliday would likely get a shot somewhere else.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      3 QB: Favre, Rodgers, Thompson
      3 RB: Morency, Jackson, Herron
      2 FB: Miree, Hall
      6 WR: Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Holliday, Clowney
      3 TE: Lee, Alcorn, Franks
      8 OL: Clifton, Colledge, Wells, Spitz, Tauscher, Moll, Coston, Barbre
      10 DL: Kampman, Pickett, Harrell, Jenkins, Gbaja-Biamila, Williams, Cole, Montgomery, Jolly, Hunter
      6 LB: Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga, Hodge, White, Bishop
      5 CB: Harris, Woodson, Blackmon, Bush, Williams
      4 S: Manuel, Collins, Rouse, Bigby
      1 K: Crosby
      1 P: Ryan
      1 LS: Davis
      I'd be surprised to see Thompson make it over Ingle.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        I'd be surprised to see Thompson make it over Ingle.
        Ingle hasn't made strides from last season and Thompson may be a project the Packers are willing to work on


        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

        Comment


        • I'm more surprised that Dendy isn't in your CB list. He was the nickelback last year...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Moses View Post
            I'm more surprised that Dendy isn't in your CB list. He was the nickelback last year...
            Wow, I missed that. Yeah, if Williams makes it and Dendy doesn't I'll crap my pants.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Ingle hasn't made strides from last season and Thompson may be a project the Packers are willing to work on
              Thompson will be cut, and most likely put on the PS. He was probably just gonna be a camp body, but then they saw something in him. Just how I see it. I can't see him higher than Ingle though.


              Comment


              • Poll On Packers.com:
                After DD,Jennings and Jones whose your pick for #4 WR?
                So far the results:

                Ruvell: 44
                Holiday: 28
                Other?: 12
                Clowney: 8
                Bodiford: 5



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • what would you guys think of the packers only going with 2 qbs on the final roster? if both favre and rodgers get hurt, its not like martin or thompson would do anything worthwhile, plus holiday could be an emergency 3rd qb. if they did that, they could keep an extra wr or cb, and not have to worry about a talented player going to the practice squad

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by maxpower430 View Post
                    what would you guys think of the packers only going with 2 qbs on the final roster? if both favre and rodgers get hurt, its not like martin or thompson would do anything worthwhile, plus holiday could be an emergency 3rd qb. if they did that, they could keep an extra wr or cb, and not have to worry about a talented player going to the practice squad
                    No b/c if Favre would get hurt during a game then Rodgers would be the only available option left; 3 is always a safe number. I know Holliday played QB at Notre Dame, but he hasn't played it in a long while and he has never practiced it and it would take him a long time to develop any consistentcy with a unit.


                    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                    Comment


                    • theres a reason Holiday isnt a pro QB
                      Martin did fairly well as i remeber last preason



                      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                      Comment


                      • guys how's Clark Harris looking in camp? will he make the roster? push for the #2 TE spot? just curious how my boy is doing. thanks.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          guys how's Clark Harris looking in camp? will he make the roster? push for the #2 TE spot? just curious how my boy is doing. thanks.
                          Clark Harris will be very fortunate to make the final 53 man roster. I think he'll end up on the practice squad.


                          Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            Clark Harris will be very fortunate to make the final 53 man roster. I think he'll end up on the practice squad.
                            uggh not what i like to hear...
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                            Comment


                            • yeah but neither martin nor thompson has looked all that great of late, and they probably make it to the practice squad. all i'm saying is that if it comes down to it, and favre and rodgers get hurt we're probably not gonna win that game anyways, and could just bring thompson/martin from the practice squad or sign a guy like bouman off the street.

                              Comment


                              • I've been camping since Sunday, went to Lambeau yesterday, took the tour, got some autographs, and watched the practice. I had a good time, although I didn't really get a great look at the practice. I think Crosby is the obvious front runner for the kicking job now, he had a much better practice then Rayner. I sat behind Laura Hawk (formerly Quinn) while watching the practice.

                                I was at the fence where the players park trying to get a few signatures and Ferguson came out of his car talking on his cell phone. Another guy trying to get autographs there (probably about 17) who I was standing next to started yelling at him to come over. When he didn't the guy started yelling about how we could have gotten Chambers. It was around 4:30 when Ferguson went in (he left his tail lights on BTW) and he came out about 20 minutes later. The guy started yelling at him again and Ferguson got a little annoyed and told him "You gotta quit your jabbin". Then he got in his car and left. Today I hear he got cut (which I'm very happy about) and the paper said he was told yesterday at 5:00 that they were going to try to get rid of him, so I assume that is what he was going to talk about.

                                I got Scott Wells, James Jones, Jason Spitz, Ruvell Martin, and a few other minor players' signatures yesterday. Wells is a pretty funny guy.

                                Sig thanks to mockalicious

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information