This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Also... week 2 preseason highlights if anyone hasn't seen them yet.
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/774827/returning_home/
    nice, love those 2 sacks by bigby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Football Fan View Post
      nice, love those 2 sacks by bigby.
      Ya i really hope he gets to start instead of Manuel

Comment

• NFL Network video on the D-line.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80189bdb

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Also... week 2 preseason highlights if anyone hasn't seen them yet.
          http://www.metacafe.com/watch/774827/returning_home/
          Hawk made that fullback his *****.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
            Hawk made that fullback his *****.
            Yeah I can watch that and Bigby's two sacks all day.

If Hawk gets double the blitzing opportunities he had last year I believe he will get around 10 sacks. A combination of double the opportunities, better blitzing ability and a sick defensive line to take care of the offensive line blockers would allow him to get a lot of mismatches that can make this happen. Very quietly (not being talked about much at all) Hawk has been blitzing more in practice walk through's and when camp started I remember he was asked about the probability of having increased blitz opportunities on a locker room interview put on Packers.com. It's also shown by all these new blitzes Bob Sanders has been using so far. Lol, if he were to somehow get even close to 10 sacks in a 4-3 defense, along with as good or better tackles numbers than last year, say hello to Defensive MVP consideration.
            Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk; 08-20-2007, 03:33 PM.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• I'm getting excited about this year. Granted, it's early, but if the offense can play consistently at a level they did a few nights a go, or anywhere near it, and the defense continues to dominate, we could have a good year on our hands.

Hitman D

Comment

• Of the 22 players who started against the Jaguars in 2004, only 10 (6 offense, 4 defense) still remain with the Packers.
                That pretty much shows you Sherman's drafting/GM capabilities.

Hitman D

Comment

• UH-o GB... Underwood is done. http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

Also... apparently Teddy boy can do it all....
                  Perhaps the most entertaining punt reception of the evening was when Packers General Manager Ted Thompson stepped onto the field and caught a punt from the Jugs machine. Thompson played 10 years as a linebacker in the NFL but isn’t believed to have ever been a return man.
                  Last edited by TitleTown088; 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

UH-o GB... Underwood is done. http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

That's too bad about Underwood, I thought he would compete for the starting job. Fortunately Bigby is stepping it up.

Comment

UH-o GB... Underwood is done. http://www.packersnews.com/includes/...er/index.shtml

I can't say that he did anything impressive this year. I was hoping that he'd be able to make a full recovery, but that's how it goes in the NFL. Had he returned to his old form I do think he could have made an impact, but with how he's been the chances of him helping the team weren't too good. I hope he gets a chance somewhere, but he probably needs another year still.

Anyway, the more important news from that page is this.
                      Bigby, Bush move up

Atari Bigby and Jarrett Bush have been promoted.

In the first team period tonight, Bigby, not Marquand Manuel, was at safety, and Bush, not Patrick Dendy, was the third cornerback in the nickel defense.

Bush and Bigby both stood out in Saturday's preseason win against Seattle. Bigby had two sacks and Bush had two interceptions.

Comment

• How are Jennings are Spitz I havent seen them do anything in pre-season

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• That's good to see with Bigby. As long as Manuel doesn't feel comfortable with his job security hopefully some serious competition will yield better results from him. That or else we get a starting safety named Atari, a win-win situation if you ask me.

Comment

• Too bad that Underwood was cut. He was one of my favorite players, and I wish I could have seen him play on Thursday against the Jags.

Comment

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              How are Jennings are Spitz I havent seen them do anything in pre-season
                              Jennings hasn't caught a ball yet, but I don't think he's had one thrown to him either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                                Jennings hasn't caught a ball yet, but I don't think he's had one thrown to him either.
                                Which is equally as bad.

Hitman D

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information