This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/24/1/

first cuts. looks like they like paul thompson's versatility a lot. i think that terrible int by Ingle last night split the decision.
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
      http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/24/1/

first cuts. looks like they like paul thompson's versatility a lot. i think that terrible int by Ingle last night split the decision.
      I wouldn't say it's a lock for Thompson to make the team, and I'm not suprised by any of the cuts.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        I wouldn't say it's a lock for Thompson to make the team, and I'm not suprised by any of the cuts.
        Yeah, I think we probably will end up going with only Favre and Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Yeah, I think we probably will end up going with only Favre and Rodgers.
          It's probably what is best for the team. Especially when both QB's are playing at a pretty good level. It's really a shame that Ingle didn't turn out as most of us had been hoping last year. Oh well.

Comment

• I have some good news.
            FRIDAY, Aug. 24, 2007, 5:03 p.m.
            By Bob McGinn</B>

Packers 'dodged one' with Driver's injury

Wide receiver Donald Driver's foot injury doesn't appear to be serious and he is expected to play for the Green Bay Packers Sept. 9 in their regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

"That's what we think will probably happen," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said today. "Pat (team physician Patrick McKenzie) thinks we dodged one. He said everything looks good. We'll do some additional scans just to make certain."

Driver, the team's best player the last two seasons, suffered a right foot sprain late in the second quarter last night in the Packers' 21-13 loss to Jacksonville at Lambeau Field.

He was driven from the field on a motorized cart and was unavailable to reporters after the game and today.

Comment

• Thank you God!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• I was somewhat expecting Ingle to be cut before the season, but I'm surprised he was cut instead of/before Thompson.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                  Thank you God!
                  Brett Favre says your welcome.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                    I was somewhat expecting Ingle to be cut before the season, but I'm surprised he was cut instead of/before Thompson.
                    ingle got cut, i thought he was doing good?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• *bows at the feet of Driver thanking him for his health*
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• 1st off thank god for the Driver news.

2nd- none of the cuts were a surprise and im happy with the cuts because those guys just werent doing anything, anyways we have 76 currently because Carl-Johan Bjork who was the 77th player was put on the practice squad so he doesnt count againist the number. That means 1 more person has to be cut before Tuesday when we have to be down to 75!

anyways I only want to carry 2 QB's its Brett Favre the Iron Man what is there to worry about.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• I hope Birdine plays good next week and makes the team. For whatever reason, I like him, especially his name. It sounds like he's straight from the 70's or 60's.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                            I hope Birdine plays good next week and makes the team. For whatever reason, I like him, especially his name. It sounds like he's straight from the 70's or 60's.
                            I think it is not likely he is going to make it but maybe.

at DE we have

Kampman
                            KGB
                            Jenkins
                            Hunter
                            Montgomery
                            Birdine

and at DT we have

Pickett
                            Williams
                            Harrell
                            Cole
                            Jolly
                            Muir

now Kampman, KGB, Jenkins thats 3 and we are probably going to be carrying alot of DT Pickett, Harrell, Williams, Cole, Jolly maybe all of them and Muir gets cut. Thats 8 spots for D-Line and usually you carry 7 or 8. Williams has been playing at DE a little so he can do both like Jenkins. Montgomery is out 4-6 weeks with some knee surgery he had. I just really dont think he is making it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                              I hope Birdine plays good next week and makes the team. For whatever reason, I like him, especially his name. It sounds like he's straight from the 70's or 60's.
                              I also hope Birdine makes the team, simply because I got his autograph.

I agree that 2 QBs with one on the practice squad is the way to go.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                                at DE we have

Kampman
                                KGB
                                Jenkins
                                Hunter

Montgomery
                                Birdine

and at DT we have

Pickett