Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
      Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?
      Poppy isnt as talented as Barnett or Hawk, but I don't consider him a weak spot on the defense. It would be interesting to see Rouse move back to LOLB and push Brady a little bit though.

Comment

Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?
        I think its worth a shot at least but like cords just said I think that Poppinga is doing a fine job this year. Also, I think that at either OLB or SS, Rouse is going to be mixed up in the overflow. Its a problem with having depth at positions. Oh no.

Comment

• Originally posted by cordscords View Post
          Poppy isnt as talented as Barnett or Hawk, but I don't consider him a weak spot on the defense. It would be interesting to see Rouse move back to LOLB and push Brady a little bit though.

I'm going to assume you mean strong side backer, because LOLB isn't really a position.

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
            I'm going to assume you mean strong side backer, because LOLB isn't really a position.
            In Madden it is!!!

stephenson86

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
              I just said LOLB because "ImBrotherCain" used it. It's a lot easier than spelling it out.

Comment

I wouldn't rule out moving him to LB as I said when we drafted him he might be best there. As a safety he kind of reminds me of Marquand Manuel, so that's not good. However I doubt he ever sees the field as a LB. Brady has turned into a solid stong side backer after playing DE all his life. We won't be looking for an upgrade there anytime soon and he certainly wont get beat out by Aaron Rouse. I never liked Rouse and I don't see him ever being anything more than a backup be it at LB or safety.

Comment

• I had been wondering where Aaron Rouse fits into our plans with the emergence of Bigby. Poppinga has been doing well lately, so I don't see us replacing him.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• I could see Brady and Rouse switching in, Rouse's coverage ability is much better than brady's so we could stick Rouse in on passing downs (Which is working with KGB)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      I wouldn't rule out moving him to LB as I said when we drafted him he might be best there. As a safety he kind of reminds me of Marquand Manuel, so that's not good. However I doubt he ever sees the field as a LB. Brady has turned into a solid stong side backer after playing DE all his life. We won't be looking for an upgrade there anytime soon and he certainly wont get beat out by Aaron Rouse. I never liked Rouse and I don't see him ever being anything more than a backup be it at LB or safety.
                      I like him since he went to my high school and think he has good potential

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        I could see Brady and Rouse switching in, Rouse's coverage ability is much better than brady's so we could stick Rouse in on passing downs (Which is working with KGB)
                        I like this idea, although Brady's play certainly doesn't warrant a demotion(Even though I wouldn't think of it that way).

Comment

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          I could see Brady and Rouse switching in, Rouse's coverage ability is much better than brady's so we could stick Rouse in on passing downs (Which is working with KGB)
                          Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
                          I like this idea, although Brady's play certainly doesn't warrant a demotion(Even though I wouldn't think of it that way).
                          That doesn't make any sense. Poppinga's already out on passing downs anyway.

Comment

• Power Rankings: Packers surprisingly join league's elite

Looking good.
                            http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

Comment

• http://www.startribune.com/souhan/story/1445929.html

If his play keeps up like this, hopefully we will be hearing alot of this talk.

The rebirth of Favre is bad news for Bears fans. But it's great news for football, sports and, when you think about it, life
                              - Jay Mariotti
                              Last edited by TitleTown088; 09-26-2007, 06:30 AM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Marviel Underwood Over Kerry Rhodes

boy it would be something else if we had Rhodes
                                or move'd up 5 spots to get Brandon Jacobs or Marion Barber

but maybe we can sign Rhodes as a free agent

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a running back who stock is going up i can see up taking him late 2nd round
                                Last edited by The Legend; 09-26-2007, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information