Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Ryan looked like Jim Taylor breaking those tackles.

------------------------------------

I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• In the words of Brett Favre after the win at the Metro dome during his locker room speech...

" 4-0, let's keep this **** going!"

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Ok many might think this sounds stupid but hear me out.

Many people have said that both Tauscher and Cilfton are not made for the zone blocking scheme and so far its true, many have even said both of them might not like to cut block so why not in a game vs a damage bears defense lets replace Cilfton with Colledge then shift Spitz to LG and have Coston or Barbre at right guard? then we can see how our much of a difference our cut blocking by our tackles will do?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
          Ok many might think this sounds stupid but hear me out.

Many people have said that both Tauscher and Cilfton are not made for the zone blocking scheme and so far its true, many have even said both of them might not like to cut block so why not in a game vs a damage bears defense lets replace Cilfton with Colledge then shift Spitz to LG and have Coston or Barbre at right guard? then we can see how our much of a difference our cut blocking by our tackles will do?
          Will never happen. Even just in theory, why make a major change like that on a team that is 4-0?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            Ok many might think this sounds stupid but hear me out.

I heard you out, and I still thought it sounded stupid. No offense, but why would we replace a great LT who has played the position on our team for years and essentially replace his presence with Coston or Babre who are both young and inexperienced?

Comment

• So whats the word with Koren Robinson is he commin back after this weeks game?

Comment

• Originally posted by johbur View Post
                1st: Packers 4-0! Whoot!

2nd: Favre = #1 in TDs, Atts, Completions, Wins and Consecutive Starts.

3rd: Receiving corp looking good. I am still hoping for Koren to come in and give a lift to the team with KR game and be the force he was on third downs. With Koren, JJ, DD and Jennings as the four WR set, Mouse Davis will be able to take over as the OC and we can run the run-and-shoot.

4th: Speaking of OC, Jeff Jagodzinski didn't just install the ZBS, he installed the Alex Gibbs ZBS. What's the difference? The difference is that a ZBS just sends guys out to block a particular zone, and if there's no one there, they go find someone else. The Gibbs ZBS teaches a particular method of cut-blocking that falls within NFL rules, barely. If the cut-blocking is happening on the back side of the play, then all those big 340 lb. DTs getting knocked to the ground and having a 295 pound guy launch into their quad (and knee) eventually makes them tired, hurt and scared about getting cut. We have the personnel to run the Gibbs ZBS, but I worry about how the instruction is going. I would LOVE to bring in Gibbs as a consultant for the scheme.

5th: The Bears STILL Suck!!! Strike up the band: http://www.jibjab.com/view/10084
                NO, HE IS OURS!!!!!!! And as much as I love the Packers, they can't have him. No Jerry Glanville either.

|
                |
                |
                |
                \ /
                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Is Jackson expected to return this week? Hopefully once him and Morency are healthy we can get some sort of a running game going.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• I'm stealing this great idea from toonster over on the Bears Discussion thread. He said that if you could choose only ten players from the current roster to keep on the 2008 roster, who would you choose and why? He also listed some of the major ones that he didn't choose and why he didn't. Very interesting idea and I think it is even more interesting with a team like the Packers who has such a youthful core. I'll post mine tomorrow. See what you can come up with.

Comment

• Real Quicky:
                      Favre
                      Driver
                      Jennings
                      Clifton
                      Colledge

Kampman
                      Cullen
                      AJ
                      Barnett
                      Atari or Collins, Atari's looked better recently

Who I wouldnt

Bubba
                      KGB

Both have played better, but both are on the downside of their career's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Packers' popularity holds fourth in national poll

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=670370

Comment

• 10 for 08:

Favre (need I say more)

Driver (same as above)

Jennings (should have a big year)

Clifton (still our best and most important O linemen, especially passing over 40 times a game)

Colledge (Should have a big year, will enter his prime)

Hawk (Duh)

Barnett (duh)

Kampman (duh)

Jenkins (the guy is not only good, he plays really hard and through injuries and fills two roles for us)

Harris (Still should be really good, aside from being kinda injured this year his athletic ability hasn't noticeably dropped off since he got here, so he should be the same)
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Alright here is my ten in no specific order.

1.) Aaron Kampman - The cornerstone to our defense in my mind, one of the top players at his position and he can get pressure on the QB and stuff the run. Oh, he's also 27.

2.) Cullen Jenkins - A rising star in this league and with him and Kampman, the Packers have two ends who will be stars in this league for a long time.

3.) AJ Hawk - Simply a stud on defense and will continue to have in impact as a Packer for years to come.

4.) Nick Barnett - Too young and talented to not put on this list. Big part of a linebacking core that is fast approaching being great.

5.) Al Harris - A seemingly ageless shutdown corner is something anyteam could want. Also a fan favorite that is very fun to watch to say the least.

6.) Atari Bigby - Sure, he is quite young and is making mistakes at time but that's all part of the learning curve of being an NFL player. Plus there's no other way to put it other than he is an impact player who affects games with his big plays.

7.) Chad Clifton - A great left tackle who is essential to having a successful passing game as was noted by Nitschke-Hawk. Still has some gas in the tank.

8.) Daryn Colledge - If we're ever to get some run game established a run game is essential and he has a great future and is improving at the moment.

9.) Donald Driver - Essentially he is to the offense what Al Harris is to the defense. Seemingly ageless, a playmaker, and a top player at his position. Without him our passing game would be in shambles. Truly an example of what a NFL player should be in every aspect.

10.) Brett Favre - Before the start of this season he without a doubt would not have been on my list. In fact, Rodgers might have made it over him. But with his incredibly leadership, a lively arm, and the passion that drives this team he is without a doubt the most important player on our roster right now. And it shows. Doesn't mean I am down on Aaron Rodgers, I'm very eager to see what he can do when he has the offense handed over to him but right now this is Favre's team and anyone to say otherwise would have to be insane. They live for this guy.

Comments: Obviously I went for a defensive approach as I think it is the right way to win games if you want to win them at the end of the year and in January. And Jennings was close to making this list but I thought that Atari's contribution to the safety position and his potential for next year were just a little above Jennings. That and the whole defensive thing.

Comment

• there been talks about Ricky Williams lately and seem the Packers have been put in the talks because of our run game

to be honest i would trade a 6th round pick for him, but do i think the Packers will no, do i think he can help yes

do i think hes a distraction, from what i hear he barley talks so not really

for a 6th round pick i think hes worth it... but he is said to most probly be cut

Comment

• Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                                there been talks about Ricky Williams lately and seem the Packers have been put in the talks because of our run game

to be honest i would trade a 6th round pick for him, but do i think the Packers will no, do i think he can help yes

do i think hes a distraction, from what i hear he barley talks so not really

for a 6th round pick i think hes worth it... but he is said to most probly be cut
                                he will be cut for three reasons.

1. He has ruined his and the Dolphins image.
                                2. He has to chance of playing for them
                                3. They will not keep his contract and his and have him as the third running back.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information