Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn...how could I forget about Johnny Jolly??

*Shakes head in shame*

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Damn...how could I forget about Johnny Jolly??

*Shakes head in shame*
      How's Anthony Adams working out for you guys this year?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Damn...how could I forget about Johnny Jolly??

*Shakes head in shame*
        I know he's your favourite player. You should probably make a sig featuring him.

Comment

• I love the new deal for Lee. 4 years, just under 12 mill.

The Broncos gave Daniel Graham a 5 years, 30 million.

Way to go TT :)

Comment

• Originally posted by cordscords View Post
            I love the new deal for Lee. 4 years, just under 12 mill.

I just hope we continue to extend the key cogs to our team. All this young talent is great but useless if they via free agency in a few years.

Comment

Just out of curiosity (and I'm guessing that many of you won't be honest with yourselves and with a Bears fan;)) but how many of you are unsatisified with the Harrell pick?

Obviously at 7-1 there isn't much room for pessimism, but if there's one downside so far this season (besides the obvious flaws in the running game and underneath coverage) it would have to be the lack of contribution from the first two picks. Especially considering how well Corey Williams has played (and that it's unlikely they will resign him now), the Harrell pick seems like even more of a waste considering that Olsen and Leon Hall (who I thought they should have picked) would have seemingly helped a lot more not just this year but down the road.

Consider the flexibility the Packers could have in the draft this year if they had drafted Hall or Olsen last year.
              I liked it on draft day, but not as much now. It's easy to say that looking back with what we now know though. No one expected Johnny Jolly to break out like he has. We did know about his bicep injury though so I wasn't expecting a huge impact this year. That's going to take a while to get over, next season he should be good to go. He was starting to get playing time, jumping Colin Cole on the depth chart, but then he injured his ankle.

I don't understand what you're saying in the part I bolded. I do hope we do resign Williams though. I think there's a good chance of that now with the impact he's had. The guys behind him are good but Williams has pulled away and is clearly the best of them.

The problem is that all of our tackles are still young: Ryan Pickett-28, Corey Williams-27, Johnny Jolly-24, Colin Cole-27, Justin Harrell 23. What I'd like to do is resign Williams and trade Cole for whatever draft pick we can get for him. That clears one spot out but doesn't weaken the position. It's a problem that will need to be cleared up in the near future, but I don't think we have to reshuffle it all this offseason.

As for if I'd rather have Olsen, no. I didn't ever want him and he'd be a bigger reach than Harrell at 16. If we traded down maybe, but I still wouldn't really want him. In an already strong passing game taking a first round pass catching TE doesn't make sense. Donald Lee is having a better year than Olsen and most other TEs in the league, so that wouldn't help much more than Harrell does.

Flexibility in this draft doesn't concern me. We need a RB, CB, and a #2 TE. Other than that we don't have any glaring needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                I know he's your favourite player. You should probably make a sig featuring him.
                I have one.

Originally posted by cordscords View Post
                I love the new deal for Lee. 4 years, just under 12 mill.

That's a great deal. I still want to see more on the deal. I'm sure Thompson structured it to take advantage of the cap space we have for this year still.

Comment

• Looks like Collins will be out "several" weeks. It's a good time to have an injury like this, I suppose, with the Vikings and Panthers coming up. I just hope he's back in time for the Lions and Cowboys games.

Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                    How's Anthony Adams working out for you guys this year?
                    Actually Adams is having a very good year. He's starting now and playing well. It doesn't show up in the statline but he's stout against the run and penetrates the pocket rather well for a nose tackle. I knew that all it would take was a scheme change.

The problem is Dusty Dvoracek and Darwin Walker have been down all year with injuries. But you weren't actually looking for an answer, you were just trying to be witty and failed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Looks like Collins will be out "several" weeks. It's a good time to have an injury like this, I suppose, with the Vikings and Panthers coming up. I just hope he's back in time for the Lions and Cowboys games.
                      Sweet, we get to play the two worst QBs in the league. :D

Time for our secondary to pad their stats!

Comment

Looks like Collins will be out "several" weeks. It's a good time to have an injury like this, I suppose, with the Vikings and Panthers coming up. I just hope he's back in time for the Lions and Cowboys games.
                        Yeah I saw that. If he's not back by Thanksgiving we're in trouble. In the mean time let's see if Rouse can prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't too high on that.

Comment

Actually Adams is having a very good year. He's starting now and playing well. It doesn't show up in the statline but he's stout against the run and penetrates the pocket rather well for a nose tackle. I knew that all it would take was a scheme change.

The problem is Dusty Dvoracek and Darwin Walker have been down all year with injuries. But you weren't actually looking for an answer, you were just trying to be witty and failed.
                          Meh, I was proving a point. Just because you don't hear a person's name called every game, doesn't mean they aren't having an impact. Or in Jolly's case, a big impact.

Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            Yeah I saw that. If he's not back by Thanksgiving we're in trouble. In the mean time let's see if Rouse can prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't too high on that.
                            By the looks of it, we'd be better off playing a 4-4 the next two games.

Hitman D

Comment

By the looks of it, we'd be better off playing a 4-4 the next two games.
                              Except we don't have an extra LB to be the 4. If Collins was playing putting Bigby in the box the whole game wouldn't be a bad idea, but we can't leave Rouse to play center field by himself.

Comment

• Yeah it would be a good time to experiment with some different exotic stuff on defense in a real game, to get ready to use them against the better teams, or give them tons of different things to prepare for. (Bill Belichick does it all the time)
                                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information