Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what?! After the shutout vs. the Vikings we are now 3rd in points per game allowed at 15.8 per game. Officially a Top 5 Defense!

------edit----

I take that back. We are now 2nd!! The Colts just lost and gave up 23 points, they have 15.8 through 8 games, doing the math, obviously that average is going up now.

2nd in the most important defensive category. Woooo
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
      Officially a Top 5 Defense!
      nope we are a top 10 defense but thats very good also

#1 Steelers Defense - 229 Yards
      #5 Ravens Defense - 277 Yards
      #10 Packers Defense - 306 Yards

Rushing Defense
      #7 Packers Defense - 92 Yards

Passing Defense
      #20 Packers Defense - 214 Yards

Penalties
      #5 Packers Defense - 62 Penalties / 520 Yards - AVG 58 Penalties Yards Per Game
      Last edited by The Legend; 11-12-2007, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Yards don't matter. Points matter. We're the best defensive team in the NFC, and only behind the Stealers in the NFL.

Packers = #2 defense!

That was good enough that I watched it twice. I love rewatching the game with it on digital so I can slow the play down and check out the blocking. I'm not sure how Desmond Bishop is going to end up, but TT killed the 6th round. Crosby has been very good, Korey Hall looked as good this game as Henderson did in 2003, making the tough catch when the ball comes to him and getting in there and knocking out a LB or chipping the DT/DE. O-Line had it going on and the play-calling to me showed that MM is just flat-out a better coach than Childress. They kept dropping one of the Williams into zone coverage! 330 in coverage? Why have him in? Thier passing game is laughable, but it shows that our corners are tough against good WRs, and they shut out bad WRs. Just a great overall victory.
        The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• Some fans just like the players too much..

http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=find Check out the clip in the highlights on Lee doing a lambeau Leap at about 2:05 on the highlights... Another did it to ruvell martin with his hand during his leap as well around 3:35.... Icky.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Guys, great win yesterday. Hats off to you guys.
            I gotta take my hat off to Mike Mccarthy and the OC. I loved, absolutely loved, the approach they took to the run game. They almost never ran inside, and rightfully so. With Pat and Kevin up the middle, no one is going to run on them. I loved how they kept running the tosses over and over again. Grant runs very hard but is quick at the same time. I liked what I saw there. You guys are a great team, and I would say the best in the NFC.

Comment

• AJ Hawk is going to be on Jim Rome for anyone intersted.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                AJ Hawk is going to be on Jim Rome for anyone intersted.
                Ha...communion. I love Hawk.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Greg Jennings On Another Level, Avg 23 Yards A Catch Senice Bye Week , 20 On The Year
                  Last edited by The Legend; 11-13-2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• How big is Koren Robinson right now, the Packers can now go to four and five receiver sets with him, and just think he was a first round draft pick and proved that he could play in the nfl and now he is our fourth receiver, thats gotta be scary for opposing teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
                      How big is Koren Robinson right now, the Packers can now go to four and five receiver sets with him, and just think he was a first round draft pick and proved that he could play in the nfl and now he is our fourth receiver, thats gotta be scary for opposing teams.
                      I think he's going to be really solid for us. He's really playing himself into football shape. I think we'll see the best Koren Robinson at the end of the month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jim View Post
                        I think he's going to be really solid for us. He's really playing himself into football shape. I think we'll see the best Koren Robinson at the end of the month.
                        He seems to be progressing nicely. The guy is a hell of an athlete that's for sure. I hope the Packers continue to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide receiver sets because the talent is definitely there to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          He seems to be progressing nicely. The guy is a hell of an athlete that's for sure. I hope the Packers continue to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide receiver sets because the talent is definitely there to do it.
                          Not many teams have the secondary depth to match up with that which makes it so effective. On top of the WRs we have Donald Lee aswell. I like the 3 wide sets with Driver, Jennings, and Jones split out with Lee on the line and Grant in the backfield. There is a lot of freedom as to what we can run from that formation.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            AJ Hawk is going to be on Jim Rome for anyone intersted.
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=gnb
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Two random predictions:

Rouse plays well enough to earn himself playing time (somewhere on the defense) this year and next, even when Collins is healthy.

Brandon Jackson is cut next off season.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• I agree with the Rouse Prediction but im not entirely sure if TT would get rid of Jackson after 1 year

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information