Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atari its not because they are girls, its because u act like a 2nd grader...

btw has Matt Flynn any chance of making the team?

Comment

• Will if not for the supersticous thing with injuries, I'd say Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Grant are the guys to get. But don't forget about AJ Hawk and now Atari Bigby.

Why not get one of the rookies? I think Jeremy Thompson is going to become a good player. Hopefully Patrick Lee as well. Brian Brohm is good, but I believe in Arod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renji View Post
        btw has Matt Flynn any chance of making the team?
        He should make it as the 3rd QB.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
          He should make it as the 3rd QB.
          Nah, he'll be on our practice squad though, as the team will surely sign a backup with some experience. You don't want to lose the season if Rodgers goes down by putting in a totally inexperienced rookie.

Our team is pretty good and we'd just need a veteran to manage the game until Arod gets back.

Rookies often lose ballgames in the NFL at QB....... although Ben Roethlisbacondoublecheeseburger did okay as a rookie with the talented Steelers team.

Comment

• If our 1st round pick and 2nd round pick quarterbacks can't get it done, do you really think we're gonna still be trying to salvage the season?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
              If our 1st round pick and 2nd round pick quarterbacks can't get it done, do you really think we're gonna still be trying to salvage the season?
              I have no doubts about Aaron Rodgers ABILITY.
              I do have doubts about him staying healthy for 16 games.
              If he gets KO'd in a game or two.... do you want a rookie going in there in a close game, when the defense will stack the line of scrimmage with 9 guys forcing that rookie to beat them?
              Or would you prefer a veteran like a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson type to manage the game?

I've seen some atrocious rookie mistakes from QBs in my time...(yes I know Favre made them right til the end), so I'd personally prefer a seasoned vet to be our backup QB with Brohm #3 this season. I think THIS season, we are contenders.

Comment

• Brohm will be able to handle the play book, i have no doubt about that. but i do not think this is his time to shine, i think next the 2009 season will be his. We need to sign a vetern QB. Flynn will be going to the practice squad.

Comment

• Even if Rodgers struggles (which i don't think he will) I don't believe that MM would put Brohm out there this season and i think he would then compete for the starting job for the 09 season.

Comment

• I think the only way brohm gets put in as a rookie is if Rodgers gets hurt, and with his track record of getting hurt, it might happen.

Comment

• Well yeah I agree, Rodgers will get an entire year before we pull him due to performance. I don't think this will be a debate during the season though, I think he will impress.

Brohm was a 2nd round pick and he was supposed to be one of the most NFL ready QBs in the draft. I think he is a guarantee as our #2.

At 3, I still really don't see a scenario where we go through Rodgers and Brohm and we are still trying to get to the superbowl.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• I actually think Matt Flynn is highly suited to being the #3. He's Jason Garrett intelligent, he pushed JaMarcus Russell every year but didn't complain or transfer out when JaMarcus beat him out, did very well when JaMarcus went out with injury and when given the opportunity when Russell left, he won the national championship. What's not to like about that from a #3 QB?

Favre had Ty Detmer and Mark Brunell as his back-ups. Now, they didn't see the field, but no one knew back then that Favre was going to start 250 games in a row. I'd rathe rhave a young, talented back-up come in than some mediocre has-been QB with no future and just hoping to make it through another season. Pretty much that describes all the other QBs in the NFC North... ;D
                        The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• I'm still miffed by our last 2 picks. Nall is much more ''back up ready'' if that's a term than Flynn will be. Plus another WR? I just don't get that, because I doubt he will make the team even if he performs well.

I don't wanna knock the draft, because I like the way it turned out.. Just a couple things I question

Comment

• Originally posted by johbur View Post
                            I actually think Matt Flynn is highly suited to being the #3. He's Jason Garrett intelligent, he pushed JaMarcus Russell every year but didn't complain or transfer out when JaMarcus beat him out, did very well when JaMarcus went out with injury and when given the opportunity when Russell left, he won the national championship. What's not to like about that from a #3 QB?

Good point, you mean UNLIKE Joe Flacco, who was beaten out by the stiff Tyler Palko at Pitt? Now he fooled the Ravens into thinking he's a big time NFL QB......

What's not to like about Flynn as a #3? Nothing really, except we need a guy to go in when Rodgers gets hurt, that HAS SOME NFL EXPERIENCE, unless you want our season to go down the drain like what happens to all those other teams when their starting QB goes down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                              I'm still miffed by our last 2 picks. Nall is much more ''back up ready'' if that's a term than Flynn will be. Plus another WR? I just don't get that, because I doubt he will make the team even if he performs well.

I don't wanna knock the draft, because I like the way it turned out.. Just a couple things I question
                              I agree with you on the Swain pick. Fine, the guy ran a 4.41. He wasn't going to be drafted. Barrett was there, Roach was there, Monk was there if you really felt you needed another WR.

If Flynn doesn't blow dog during minicamps and TC, he'll be the #3 QB and be on the roster. Even if Swain looks good, he'll have to look better than any of the six or seven guys in front of him. There are 13 WRs on the roster right now and only Koren Robinson hasn't reported. That's going to be a blood bath situation at WR this year. My only regret for Favre retiring this year is that the GM went out and stocked the cupboard unlike any year Brett had his entire time in GB. Koren Robinson's knee letting him play or not, I still see six WRs on the opening day roster.
                              The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by johbur View Post
                                I agree with you on the Swain pick. Fine, the guy ran a 4.41. He wasn't going to be drafted. Barrett was there, Roach was there, Monk was there if you really felt you needed another WR.

If Flynn doesn't blow dog during minicamps and TC, he'll be the #3 QB and be on the roster. Even if Swain looks good, he'll have to look better than any of the six or seven guys in front of him. There are 13 WRs on the roster right now and only Koren Robinson hasn't reported. That's going to be a blood bath situation at WR this year. My only regret for Favre retiring this year is that the GM went out and stocked the cupboard unlike any year Brett had his entire time in GB. Koren Robinson's knee letting him play or not, I still see six WRs on the opening day roster.
                                What the ****? Who is Greg Jennings?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information