Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Poppinga really shown anything so far that would suggest that he'll be good in the 3-4? I know he's always been good against the run, but it seems like every time McCarthy talks about him it's all positive in order to motivate Matthews and Thompson to come back and prove themselves again. Yeah he was involved in two turnovers against the Bills, but neither one of those was really a credit to anything he did. More of a right place at the right time thing.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

Justin Harrell says his career isn't over. He's on medication and should play. Ooo boy, look out... Right?
      the biggest instance of me being a homer is my insistance that justin harrell will have a good year this year. i refuse to let go of this hope.

Comment

You'll be eating that part of the comment week one. :)
        You're going to beat us with Matt Flynn?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
          Has Poppinga really shown anything so far that would suggest that he'll be good in the 3-4?

well, he was a DE in college, so it would seem like a semi-natural position move for him.

and, he's been quietly having a very solid training camp.

i'd have a hard time getting excited about him as our starting OLB. he's like the person on the team that everyone is supposed to love, but i just can't buy him as more than a good backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            You're going to beat us with Matt Flynn?
            The bolded part brah.
            I would have expected a professor to have good reading comprehension... ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
              well, he was a DE in college, so it would seem like a semi-natural position move for him.

and, he's been quietly having a very solid training camp.

i'd have a hard time getting excited about him as our starting OLB. he's like the person on the team that everyone is supposed to love, but i just can't buy him as more than a good backup.
              Completely agree. Poppinga will always give you high effort and he's a descent player but he's one of those guys who if you have a chance to upgrade you do it. When Poppinga was a rookie he was special teams stud too so once Thompson/Matthews take over he could play that role again.

Comment

The bolded part brah.
                I would have expected a professor to have good reading comprehension... ;)
                I can read, I was just pointing out how your statement makes no sense.

Your defense isn't good enough to win games with Matt Flynn at quarterback, unless Matt Flynn is quarterback on week 1, there's no way you will show us anything.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Wells is a little pissed.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/54826952.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                    Understandably so. He laughed when asked if it was a fair competition. I wonder what that's about.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I can read, I was just pointing out how your statement makes no sense.

Your defense isn't good enough to win games with Matt Flynn at quarterback, unless Matt Flynn is quarterback on week 1, there's no way you will show us anything.
                      It makes sense, the statement was only in context of the bolded selection. I thought that was rather obvious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
                        I like Poppinga a lot. He seems like a great person and I like reading his interviews. He's also someone that is good to have on the team. Always gives high effort and he seems to be somewhat of a leader. The problem is he doesn't have just quite enough talent. As a backup/special teamer he's great, but I don't want him to be a fulltime starter.
                        Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                        I read that interview and obviously he's not happy, but I thought it was more of the reporter being a dick. He was trying to say the right things and not talk bad about any of the coaches or other players. The reporter kept trying to get him to say something and Wells was getting frustrated.

Comment

• Yeah, what kind of stupid ******* question is,

"Finish this sentence, "Scott Wells is no longer the starting center because..."

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Of ocurse he's not happy, but watch well's locker room inerview on Packers.com. He isn't nearly as pissed at the writer makes him sound. He's smiling during much of it.

they get smoked.

Comment

• All I got from that article is that Greg Bedard is a giant douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                                All I got from that article is that Greg Bedard is a giant douche.
                                It was a group asking those questions at his locker room, not just Bedard. Bedard comes off as a real nice guy. He even kept quiet about Nick Collins dad when he was dying when he knew that what was keeping him out of camp. Meanwhile other reporters said Nick was solely gone because of contract issues. Bedard is the best reporter that follows the Packers, followed by Tom P from GBPG.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information