Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense wins championships. It may even coax Favre to stick around with knowing that his defense could actually create turnovers and keep them in games.

We have secondary issues and it's more pressing than our running back situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jim
      Defense wins championships. It may even coax Favre to stick around with knowing that his defense could actually create turnovers and keep them in games.

We have secondary issues and it's more pressing than our running back situation.
      Ya i understand that. But its not that we dont have the components to have a great defense, its that they are all young. They will be good with time.

However, offense is getting old with Favre and Green in the backfield. I want Favre back but let Green go or maybe a sign and trade deal.

^tek

Comment

• Originally posted by cheesehead10790
        Originally posted by Jim Jim
        Defense wins championships. It may even coax Favre to stick around with knowing that his defense could actually create turnovers and keep them in games.

Ya i understand that. But its not that we dont have the components to have a great defense, its that they are all young. They will be good with time.

However, offense is getting old with Favre and Green in the backfield. I want Favre back but let Green go or maybe a sign and trade deal.
        i'd let green stick around one more year because he has shown he still has it

Comment

Our defense (other than woodson) is young and will be good in a couple years. I dont really want to use our first rounder on defense again. Ahman is on his way out. I like Marshawn Lynch out of Cal for our #1. Or maybe if were super lucky AD will fall to us.
          Harris is older, and Woodson is only 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by sik wit it
            Originally posted by cheesehead10790

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-25.

^tek

Comment

Originally posted by sik wit it

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-
              I don't think you're looking for the term "explosion," rather, speed.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-
                No i mean like if you watch a dive play, instead of lowering his head and driving through, he just kinda falls on the pile. It seems of the hole isnt there, he doesnt try.

^tek

Comment

Originally posted by Boston

No i mean like if you watch a dive play, instead of lowering his head and driving through, he just kinda falls on the pile. It seems of the hole isnt there, he doesnt try.
                  it seems that is morency's job. Green for power, Morency for breaking one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston

it seems that is morency's job. Green for power, Morency for breaking one.
                    ya but neither are really playmakers at this point. Morency may improve, but right now i see him as only a third down or change of pace back.
                    and like cheesehead wrote, Green isnt able to get big 20 yard gains like he used to. He cant make his own holes, which i think Lynch can do.

IMO a playmaking offensive player is our biggest need in the offseason. We need someone esle that can score consistently other than Driver.

Manuel was bad at the start of the season, but the last few weeks he hasnt played that bad. I dont think our safety need in the offseason is that big, especially with the young depth there. I dont want to see a 1st ound pick spent on a safety this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm kind of moving away from safety again too. Manuel gives up some big plays but he's not as terrible as we make him out to be. Then Culver has'nt been anything special but he's been ok. And Underwood comes back. He was making great progress before he got hurt and was pushing to start.

I have changed my mind on who I want in the draft so many times as we have many needs but they are all about equally needed. I think we can get by on Green/Morency for another year but it might be best to go Lynch.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12
                        I'm kind of moving away from safety again too. Manuel gives up some big plays but he's not as terrible as we make him out to be. Then Culver has'nt been anything special but he's been ok. And Underwood comes back. He was making great progress before he got hurt and was pushing to start.

I have changed my mind on who I want in the draft so many times as we have many needs but they are all about equally needed. I think we can get by on Green/Morency for another year but it might be best to go Lynch.
                        I'd perfer lynch most myself

Comment

• Ahman Green hasn't had the blocking to break big runs, for whatever reason, if you look at the replays on the few 20 yarders Morency had he's had a linemen or two getting into the secondary where he only has to evade one or two tacklers at the most.
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Marshawn had a decent showing in his Holiday bowl game against A&M. 20 rushes for 114 yards, two touchdowns(2,2). 3 receptions for 17 yards.

Comment

Marshawn had a decent showing in his Holiday bowl game against A&M. 20 rushes for 114 yards, two touchdowns(2,2). 3 receptions for 17 yards.
                              And that was against a decent team too. Lynch is a gamebreaker. We need somebody like him. Id rather have AD but we dont have a shot at him now.

^tek

Comment

• Alright. QUICK POLL.

We're sitting there in the first round and...

Marshawn Lynch and LaRon Landry are both still available. Who do you select?

I go with Landry.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information