• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont see it happening....

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      http://packerchatters.com/?p=11062
      AJ Hawk and a 2nd for Cromartie and a 3rd?

Come take a ride on the lollercoaster, this deal would essentially be the Pack trading their 3rd for the Chargers' 2nd.
      Hell no. Packerchatters is a terrible site for info too.

Comment

• Packerchatters is awful.

Comment

• Packerchatters is about as legit as Jarrett Bush being a true shut down corner... catch my drift.

I don't even waste my time reading anything from there anymore and if I do I take it with a grain of sand.

They took big swings trading for Jared Allen, signing FAs like Longwell, Hutchinson, Winfield, P Williams, M Williams, etc. That's not luck. That's aggressive. And they swept us and have won the division from us the past 2 seasons. Nobody hates the Vikings more than I do, but their approach has been no less successful than ours has. Let's drop the ego and admit facts here.

As for Peppers, no kidding that he will be expensive and it's no secret that we would seem to be a team that would not be aggressive pursuing him.
          But I agree with Michael Lombardi and RockJock that it would be the best thing that we could do to our team. It would solve our biggest weakness. It would give us one of the NFL's best playmakers... he's a difference-maker. I subscribe to the theory that the team with the best playmakers has the best chance to win Super Bowls.
          Two questions for ya?

How many Superbowls have the Vikings been to since going on there spending spree?

Did Albert Haynesworth, the man consider by many the best defense of player in the game bring the Redskins to the promise land this season?

Sidenote: The 2008 season marked the first season since 2000 that the Vikings finished with a winning record and made the playoffs. And in those 8 seasons they pissed away a lot of money just to lose games.

Edit: couldn't get the picture to work..
          Last edited by RyanBraun8; 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
            fair enough, dam canadians lol.
            Hey!! I mean eh!

Comment

• Yes Packerchatters has 0 credibility. Thankfully eveyrone here seems to have already realized that as well...Moochers. I like the Jarrectt Bush comparisson.

Comment

• Packerschatter just makes up BS and copies other site's articles. I'm not sure who they think they're fooling

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I like how they act like they have inside information. Lets just break it down for a second:

As I reported in the previous O.T.S. the Chargers have a couple players that they will have to make some tough decisions on, LT, Shawne Merriman and Antonio Cromartie to name a few. Well I heard at the end of training camp this year the Chargers and Packers talked about a possible deal that had the Packers sending A.J. Hawk and a 1st rounder to the Chargers for Cromartie and the Chargers 2nd.

Also: hearing that because Hawk is less likely to take a pay cut, the deal could happen. I am hearing the two teams again talked about a Hawk for Cromartie deal recently with the Packers sending a 2nd rounder to the Chargers and the Chargers sending a 3rd rounder to the Packers.
                  This is common knowledge that the Chargers aren't high on Tomlinson, Merriman, and Cromartie. But since when has TT been known to throw around high picks for players?

We're talking about a guy who wouldn't put up a 3rd round pick for Randy Moss here. So why would the Packers, who were drafting 9th overall, feel confident in trading a future 1st round pick and Hawk for Cromartie and late 2nd? Let alone swaping 2nd and 3rd round picks for Cromartie today.

Also: hearing unless Donald Lee takes a pay cut he will be traded or cut. The Packers don’t want to pay him $2 million to drop passes and block.
                  Again, how is this inside news? Every Packers fan knows that Lee isn't worth any value to the team right now.

Also: heard a rumor that if Jahvid Best checks out ok (regarding his conclusion during the 2009 season) and has a great combine, he may be a player that Ted Thompson thinks about at the end of round 1 (if CJ Spiller is gone).
                  Oh so if a guy who was rated a 1st round pick before he got injured can have a great combine and prove that he's back to 100% will go in the 2nd half of the 1st round?

Also: hearing that the Packers want to have the offensive tackle situation taken care of via free agency and will look to add a “level II” free agent. The two names that came (back) up were the two Buccaneers offensive tackles, Donald Penn and Jeremy Trueblood. A few other names that came up were Alex Barron of the Rams and Jahri Evans of the Saints.
                  Hear this PC, Penn, Trueblood, Barron, and Evans are restricted free agents. There's no way we'd sign any of them unless we overpayed. Not too mention signing Barron would cost us a 1st round pick, Trueblood a 2nd round pick, and Evans a 4th round pick.

If they deal Hawk, the name I hear they would like to have as his replacement is the Raiders Kirk Morrison. They also like Thomas Howard of the Raiders and may look to him as the other outside backer opposite of Clay Matthews III. But remember this is Ted Thompson and it has to be at the right price.
                  Again, Morrison and Howard are both restricted free agents. Howard would cost a 2nd and Morrison a 3rd.

Look for the Packers to give T.J. Lang a shot at either tackle spot. He did very good in the action he saw and has some tools McCarthy likes in his tackles. Remember he didn’t get that much work their last training camp.
                  Wow thanks for the heads up! We never saw that coming. Lang also got most of his work in at RT during training camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                    Hear this PC, Penn, Trueblood, Barron, and Evans are restricted free agents. There's no way we'd sign any of them unless we overpayed. Not too mention signing Barron would cost us a 1st round pick, Trueblood a 2nd round pick, and Evans a 4th round pick.
                    Not to mention Penn a level II FA? The guy is a damn fine young LT who is going nowhere for cheap price.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-in-week-one/

The Patriots didn't play as much 3-4 this year as before, and he's been misused and forgotten about. Could he help us opposite Matthews?

Thompson did bring in the veterans this year bringing back Ahman and Tauscher.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-in-week-one/

The Patriots didn't play as much 3-4 this year as before, and he's been misused and forgotten about. Could he help us opposite Matthews?

Thompson did bring in the veterans this year bringing back Ahman and Tauscher.
                        I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Thomas at all if we could get him for a good price. His whole falling out with the Patriots was mysterious and I would kind of like to hear the Patriots side of the story when it comes to him not playing.

stephenson86

Comment

• I'd love to have Thomas but I'd have to think he'd want to join Rex in NY and get some revenge on the Patriots.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                            I'd love to have Thomas but I'd have to think he'd want to join Rex in NY and get some revenge on the Patriots.
                            Agree 100%, which is why I suspect the Patriots will at least try and deal him anywhere else first.

Now, quick sidenote: Someone said that Hawk is pretty cheap, while I have heard someone else say nobody would trade for him because his contract is too high.... regardless of that, check out the difference in philosophies in contracts dealing with trades compared to the NBA:

If the Mavs make a significant trade, struggling swingman Josh Howard is likely to be the centerpiece of the outgoing package. Howard is in the middle of the worst season of his career, but he's an attractive trade chip because of his big contract, which includes a team option for $11.8 million next season.

It's totally different than the NFL.

Comment

• Story on LT.
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4888134

Any way possible he ends up a Packer? I'd absolutely love it if Ted made this move.

Comment

• Ahman Green offers far more than LT would, in my opinion. Not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information