This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Jim View Post
    Ahman Green offers far more than LT would, in my opinion. Not going to happen.
    Huh? Green was signed off the street this year, LT is a top 5 RB of all-time.
    Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jim View Post
      Ahman Green offers far more than LT would, in my opinion. Not going to happen.
      Huh? They are both at the end of their rope but LT is/was way better and still has more gas in the tank. Regardless not going to happen because I can think of 3 places we can get a running back almost as good for next to minimum wage, considering Tomlinson's got the skills of a good backup at this point.

Tomlinson > > > Ahman though

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• LT has been overrated for 3 years now, and once he didn't play in that playoff loss at New England when he was hurt, but Rivers DID when he was hurt, LT lost that clubhouse.

Also, Michael Turner was better in SD his last 2 years there. I had LT in fantasy and even though LT put up good points in Turners last 2 years there, it was plain as day that Turner was better. Now the past 2 years, Sproles has been better.

I want no part of LT anymore. I have a little inside info on LT I heard about 2 years ago, maybe 3, that soured me on him and luckily I traded LT in my fantasy 2 drafts ago (keeper league). I like Ahman, but wouldn't object to some fresh, hungry legs. Not LT's worn out tread though, with crappy attitude. He's like Iverson now.

Comment

• We want a RB though FA: Leon Washington.....BOOM! I love LT and he is one of my all-time favorite running backs but he seems to be on his last wheel like my other favorite growing up Edge James with Zona a few seasons ago. You know he doesn't want to take less money and your not going to get what you pay for him. Not worth it. Grant is still the better option.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
            LT has been overrated for 3 years now, and once he didn't play in that playoff loss at New England when he was hurt, but Rivers DID when he was hurt, LT lost that clubhouse.

Also, Michael Turner was better in SD his last 2 years there. I had LT in fantasy and even though LT put up good points in Turners last 2 years there, it was plain as day that Turner was better. Now the past 2 years, Sproles has been better.

I want no part of LT anymore. I have a little inside info on LT I heard about 2 years ago, maybe 3, that soured me on him and luckily I traded LT in my fantasy 2 drafts ago (keeper league). I like Ahman, but wouldn't object to some fresh, hungry legs. Not LT's worn out tread though, with crappy attitude. He's like Iverson now.
            Go on.....

stephenson86

Comment

• I think the ZBS's one cut philosophy would greatly benefit LT, who is only 29 years old, and is hungry for a championship. I'm just saying, if LT is willing to come in and be a complementary back with Grant... it'd be kinda hard to not be drooling over the the thought of LT in this offense.

Comment

• He's 30 years old. LT is till a solid player but he's nothing like he used to be. I'd rather find a nice RB in the draft to develop behind Grant ( a very solid RB).

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Fellas, speaking of OT's, I found this FA list for OT's. Pay close attention to #7, 10 & 11.
                  http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents2010OT.php

If there's something about that site that I should know here, please educate me.

Comment

• He is 30 with a lot of miles on his tires, RB's these days hit a giant wall around 30, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, Edge James, Duese McAlister, Shawn Alexander, and the list goes on and on. These guys show that the one man horse days are over. If you want a RB to last a long time you have to be a 2 back team.

LT I think could still be good with the right team, scheme and line. He may have a lot of miles but Chargers used Turner and Sporales very well to keep him fresh but injuries have killed him.

Comment

• trading Hawk and a 1st for Cro and a 2nd might be one of the dumbest trades Ive seen in awhile.

If TT does that, he should get fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        trading Hawk and a 1st for Cro and a 2nd might be one of the dumbest trades Ive seen in awhile.

If TT does that, he should get fired.
                        Agreed. Why would a guy who thinks so highly of draft picks just toss away a 1st round pick like that. Pure foolishness, Cromartie alone isn't worth a first round pick. I think Hawk and him aren't that far apart. Hawk at least plays hard works hard and is a team guy. Cromartie is lazy and all about himself. Packers would be a huge losser in this. We lose a solid ILB who works his ass off and first round pick for a late second round pick and a lazy, self centered CB who will play hard when he wants, and try to tackle when he wants.

Comment

• Andre Dixon would do well in the Packers offense. He has a good burst, runs between the tackles, or to the outside pretty well, and is quick enough to make people miss. He might be able to start in the NFL. I don't know how much the Packers draft players with off-field incidents though.

Comment

• Found this on Deadspin and PackerNews.com. It started as some fans on facebook, and now thousands of dollars have been donated for this billboard. I guess they are trying to raise $80,000 for D. Favre's cancer foundation as well.

I'm pretty much indifferent on the Favre retirement situation now, but I think if Viking fans believe THEY will have any say in what Favre does...They are in for a sad reality.

Comment

• TT would never trade Hawk and a #1 pick for anyone.
                              I bet there are more than a few teams would would give up a pick in the 20-range for Cromartie.
                              CB's are hard to find. We took Carroll and Buckley and Antwan Edwards in the 1st rounds over the past couple decades and none of them did anywhere near what Cromartie has done.

Cromartie is soft, but he's got great speed, great heighth, and is a playmaker. You guys said that TT liked tall CB's. That's Cromartie. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens with Cromartie, and Peppers. I'd bet against us being involved, but you never know.

Comment

• Did Ted Thompson step down as GM or something?

Merriman... Cromartie... Peppers... LT.... Trading top picks for players....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information