This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
    whatever picks we would have to trade for peppers id feel alot better if we just packaged that and traded up to secure graham to be honest. peppers is in his prime dont get me wrong. but how much longer does he really have. id rather use the ammo and get someone younger and pay him considerably less money
    True, but it's still totally up in the air what will happen with Peppers. Sure they'd like to get something for him and not just lose him like Tenneessee lost Haynesworth and San Diego lost Brees, but they might not. He might simply walk, who knows.

They might like Kampman.

As for Peppers, I agree he's a moody guy, but he's not a guy that demands the spotlight. He's not causing stirs tweeting or making rap songs or being in trouble with the law, etc. I think away from the field, he's a pretty calm, mature family guy which would fit in Green Bay. His personality reminds me a bit of Ryan Pickett/AJ Hawk.

And he's not old. He's got as many good years left as Woodson does, more than Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, Harris. I'd be 100% happy with Graham too, but adding a veteran who is ready and hungry for a Super Bowl would be perfect. But Peppers has to have that hunger for a ring, like Woodson and Driver do. I can't tell from afar if he does or not. If TT thinks he does, I bet he makes a play for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      True, but it's still totally up in the air what will happen with Peppers. Sure they'd like to get something for him and not just lose him like Tenneessee lost Haynesworth and San Diego lost Brees, but they might not. He might simply walk, who knows.

They might like Kampman.

As for Peppers, I agree he's a moody guy, but he's not a guy that demands the spotlight. He's not causing stirs tweeting or making rap songs or being in trouble with the law, etc. I think away from the field, he's a pretty calm, mature family guy which would fit in Green Bay. His personality reminds me a bit of Ryan Pickett/AJ Hawk.

And he's not old. He's got as many good years left as Woodson does, more than Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, Harris. I'd be 100% happy with Graham too, but adding a veteran who is ready and hungry for a Super Bowl would be perfect. But Peppers has to have that hunger for a ring, like Woodson and Driver do. I can't tell from afar if he does or not. If TT thinks he does, I bet he makes a play for him.
      not saying i wouldnt want to add him just saying i would rather invest the picks and well under half the money in someone younger. if he walks from carolina itd be a different story.

Originally posted by CraigNall4MVP
      biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

Comment

• I see Peppers as a guy who cares more about fame and spotlight than being a humble small town guy but thats me. He is a guy who turned down a contract making him the richest defensive player in the league coming off a horrible 2.5 sack season. Not saying isn't a good guy but I doubt i'd ever find GB as a place for him to play

Comment

• He won't come to Green Bay because we won't pay top dollar to a guy who plays a position that doesn't exist in our defense.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
            He won't come to Green Bay because we won't pay top dollar to a guy who plays a position that doesn't exist in our defense.
            He won't come to Green Bay because the Packers don't want him to.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I think it is officially time for us to move on from any Peppers talk because it is rather pointless. Unless it is about the Cowboys signing him and us trading our 2nd pick for Anthony Spencer who would no longer have a job in Dallas. :)

Won't happen but would be nice, the guy is really stepping up his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
                I think it is officially time for us to move on from any Peppers talk because it is rather pointless. Unless it is about the Cowboys signing him and us trading our 2nd pick for Anthony Spencer who would no longer have a job in Dallas. :)

Won't happen but would be nice, the guy is really stepping up his game.
                From 1 pipe dream to another.

Comment

• Peppers doesn't fit in Green Bay one bit. I don't think there's any interest on either side, yet alone mutual interest. Maybe it's just me but every bit of this Peppers to Green Bay talk is wishful thinking. I think he goes to a bigger market, Philadelphia comes to mind, that will pay him. Personally, I don't think we would pay him anywhere close to what he would be asking which would be 'highest paid defensive player' money to play another position.

Comment

• When does FA start now with this CBA mess?
                    Who's gonna be the big ticket early signees?

Comment

• On this day in 1992 Brett Favre was traded from the Atlanta Falcons to the Green Bay Packers...Hindsight Atlanta management says, "ouch."

That joke hasn't been done to death or anything.
                      Last edited by Whistler6; 02-11-2010, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                        Ha,yeah but mine isn't serious at all. Cowboys would be dumb as hell to part ways with him. The smily face was there to indicate that I was joking. Realistically we prob grab some OLB in the first 3 rounds of the draft. If it isn't until the 3rd i'd hope it would be Witten from UConn. His brother is actually Donte Whitner so athletic family except he has much more bulk and size. He looks good from what I've seen. May shot up into the 2nd with big combine.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                          Meh, stuff like that happens all the time.Just like TT is looking to trade Rodgers and Clay. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            Meh, stuff like that happens all the time.Just like TT is looking to trade Rodgers and Clay. ;)
                            I hear thats because TT realized he was wrong with Favre and wants to bring him back to Green Bay.

Comment

• http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-predicament/

Comment

• I like Scotts mock for us....Graham in the 1st and Kyle Wilson in the 2nd. That would be pretty nice but man he has some real questionable picks. Tebow to the Pats in the first gave me a pretty nice laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information