Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a dream last night that the Packers traded Aaron Rodgers to the Browns for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round draft picks and Brady Quinn... Ignoring the fact that Brady Quinn isn't even on the Browns anymore, I was pretty pissed.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
      I had a dream last night that the Packers traded Aaron Rodgers to the Browns for their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round draft picks and Brady Quinn... Ignoring the fact that Brady Quinn isn't even on the Browns anymore, I was pretty pissed.
      Dream? Thats a god damn nightmare. If that happened Ted would probably get murder and the city of Green Bay should riot.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Bigby's injury is more serious than previously thought and he could be put on the PUP list. Good move taking Burnett. Certainly gives Burnett the edge on being the starter for this year and the future. I think Bigby would have beaten him out if healthy, but I don't see Burnett giving it up when he returns.

Comment

• For being label as a big hitter and having the name Atari which means attack or something in Japanese, you think he wouldn't be made of glass. Guy can't stay healthy.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Has it hit you guys that Aaron Rodgers is probably going to end up in the hall of fame?

It hit me yesterday. He had a fantastic preseason outing and I realized that nothing is stopping this guy from having a great 5-10 years in a row. He WILL get a ring in the next 5 years. He has all the offensive help he needs. (Well... He's set with Jennings, who IMO will end up in canton with him, or at least be at Rod Smith's level)

I am almost positive at this point that we are looking at a hall of fame quarterback. Now, when I look at Rodgers, I don't look at the Cal kid. I don't question whether or not he is an adequate replacement for Favre. I'm never going to question whether sitting a QB for his first year or two is OK again. All I see is a guy with a beard who (in 5 years) is going to be a lock for Canton. He has EVERYTHING he needs to be successful in place and is just going out and getting results. It's really cool to watch someone other than Peyton or Drew Brees do it. And it's weird to see that guy in canton in my head before it happens, but for some reason, i can already see rodgers aged 10 years, and everyone looking back at his ridiculous beard and productive career. I'm sure many of you agree about his future, maybe not to a hall of fame level. Rodgers is about to become a household name, and we will have a 1st tier consisting of Brees, Manning, And Rodgers.
            Last edited by Jimmy; 08-20-2010, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• No doubt Rodgers is on a hall of fame path for his career, and I think he will get there, but he has a long way to go. Most people thought Jay Cutler was on the same path two years ago and now he'll be fighting off replacement if he plays like he did last year. Jennings isn't even close to getting HOF talk. The HOF is for players that were the best; Jennings is good but right now Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Miles Austin, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson are players I would put ahead of him off the top of my head. He'll probably never even crack the top 5 in his career.

I almost couldn't believe this: since 1992, 4 players have exclusively owned the WR slot position (Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman, Driver). This year they will use a combination of guys - Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Finley. I like this a lot. I like the coaches having confidence in phasing out Driver from being the go to guy in his old age. I like how this gives us more freedom to move around receivers, find mismatches, and force the defense to adjust. I like that it gives Rodgers more to work with when reading the defense.

On that topic, Rodgers is excellent at reading a defense. That one trait that separates good from great quarterbacks. Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are two of the best, for example. How good is Rodgers? I'm looking forward to watching him do it this year. I'd say top 5, maybe as high as 3 behind the two formerly mentioned.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• From JSonline.

DT Justin Harrell was excused from both practices for the birth of his child. McCarthy said Harrell had been cleared to practice after missing Tuesday with back tightness. It has not been determined whether he'll play against the Seahawks.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Alright, I've seen it mentioned a couple times and I think I'd be up for bringing back the NFLDC Packer Fan Fantasy League. If there is a minimum of 10 (preferably 12) I will start it up, but I'm not making it until people are committed. It's not necessarily first come first serve, but last time I had a hard time finding enough people so chances aren't you'll make it. Let me know if you want in.

Comment

• Wow, PM's are not working for me at all right now, but yeah I'm down.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Your box is full, you need to delete some.

Comment

• I might be in if you guys need someone, but i'm gonna be real busy and I'm already in a few leagues so if you find someone else to do it that would probbaly be best.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Bulaga was hurt in practice tonight. Right leg apparently? Hopefully it was nothing serious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• This was from before the game Saturday.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/101223924.html

Cutting both Wynn and CJ Wilson would surprise me. I'd rather keep 7 DL at the expense of Obiozor. Zombo to the PS.

I think Bush gets cut since Al probably won't start on the PUP. Also, Shields was taking his reps on the kickoff unit today.

Giacomini has probably played himself out of a roster spot.

I'd rather keep Quinn Johnson than Korey Hall. Kuhn is a lock.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              Bulaga was hurt in practice tonight. Right leg apparently? Hopefully it was nothing serious.
                              Hip flexor, says MM. And it's been bothering him a bit before tonight.
                              Cullen Jenkins has a calf "strain" after he tweaked it tonight.

Anytime I hear MM call something a "strain", I worry. Everything's a "strain" to him at first. Then we find out it's a torn ACL or something. We need Cullen.

And I agree, no way to we gut Jarius Wynn and CJ Wilson.
                              And I think Zombo makes the team.

Comment

• From the looks of it, these guys are in line to make/miss the roster:

+Sam Shields
                                +Tom Crabtree
                                +Frank Zombo
                                -Jarrett Bush
                                -Donald Lee
                                -Justin Spitz (trade)
                                -Breno Giacomini
                                -Allen Barbre

I like except trading Spitz. Let him play a year and show he's over the injury. They seem to want to use Evan D-S instead though. If we're going to cut Donald Lee I think we have to keep Crabtree. Quarless and Havner can't block and you need a backup blocking TE. Shields, meh, he's been disappointing, he needs to start getting special teams tackles while he learns how to catch the football in practice. Barbre, Giacomini, failed projects, dump them asap. Barbre has been almost exclusively a backup LT which makes him 3rd string so I have to think he's on his way out. Zombo is getting a lot of praise. I doubt we cut him with the depth we have at his position.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information