Projected depth chart/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
    GB12, what about Brandon Chillar? Just noticed that.
    Dang, you're right I forgot him. I guess that's it for Bolston. Hard to only go with 4 DTs, but I don't know who else to take out. With Jenkins moving to DT on passing downs as well as using Montgomery a little at tackle we could be alright though.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      Dang, you're right I forgot him. I guess that's it for Bolston. Hard to only go with 4 DTs, but I don't know who else to take out. With Jenkins moving to DT on passing downs as well as using Montgomery a little at tackle we could be alright though.
      Yeah, it could work out. Needless to say, major injuries on the defensive line are the last thing we'll need this year. That and I really, really hate the idea of cutting Bishop, but I guess its likely that either him or Hodge have to go this offseason. Damn.

Comment

Hey Pack fans, just wondering what can I expect from Daniel Muir? He's a 6'2" 298 pass rusher from what I've read (which I'm liking so far), but I'm curious as to what you guys think he's capable of having watched him. Is he capable of starting or is he more of a rotational player? Does he shoot gaps and get into the backfield often? Does he hold his own against the run? Can he get after the QB once he's in the backfield? I appreciate any and all responses.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          Hey Pack fans, just wondering what can I expect from Daniel Muir? He's a 6'2" 298 pass rusher from what I've read (which I'm liking so far), but I'm curious as to what you guys think he's capable of having watched him. Is he capable of starting or is he more of a rotational player? Does he shoot gaps and get into the backfield often? Does he hold his own against the run? Can he get after the QB once he's in the backfield? I appreciate any and all responses.
          Go look in our team discussion thread - Geo asked the exact same questions yesterday.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

He's a little more of a pass rusher but he can also stop the run. He's very experienced coming out of college and he also has some experience playing DE. If he starts he'll put up solid/average numbers but to me he's better suited as a rotational player. Overall though he's nothing special and I wouldn't expect anything more than average numbers if he starts or average sack totals if he's in a rotation.

Comment

Not much. He played little last year and his body didn't respond to the off-season program. If your scheme handles smaller guys that give a lot of effort even though they're not great athletes, he could be OK for depth. What worries me is that he stayed on the roster and Harrell was on the active-day roster along with Corey Williams at DT. This year Williams is out and Harrell is PUP. DT Jolly has this legal thing going on and DT Pickett was out hurt for the majority of camp. If Muir had anything this year, you'd think he'd have made the squad, at least until Harrell got off PUP.
              The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Jolly's legal issues aren't supposed to hurt his NFL career til next year, so we don't have to worry about that for awhile. Hopefully Pickett stays healthy.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information