the Ted Thompson lovestravaganza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M1Koter View Post
    you lost me here, when did we start talking about them, I thought we were talking about what our favorite TT moves

Yeah, one of my fav was dumping the two vet guards for the young ones we have now. Saved alot of money, and I'd rather have them anyways.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Time will tell gentlemen. I'm a huge packer fan and I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post. But it seems like everyone just jumped on board once the pack started winning. The 8-8 record is inflated. I think it's a little false hope. I don't think the packers r that close to a title. Their defense was one of only a few that went the entire year with having only one starter miss a game. They lack depth and one or two injuries and they are right back to where they started. Their safeties are a mess. Their tackling isn't solid. I'm still nto sold on their d-ends either. And Manuel was a bust to say the least.
      Their offense lacks weapons. I love McCarthy's creativity. But at times he tries to get too cute. Their o-line, as someone mentioned above is average. The only thing that saves them is the fact that they ARE young. It's sad when you constantly have to put your TE in the backfield to provide EXTRA protection.
      I hope that another off-season has helped. And the weak NFC will always provide hope, but it's foolish to say TT is great. Let's not forget a guy by the name of Mike Holmgren in Seattle. Don't give full credit to TT there. Holmgren brought Hasslebeck. Without him, they had....Trent Dilfer.
      I am frustrated by TT's patience. I agree to not overspend, but there's so much money out there. Why not add a few veterans? Especially at areas of need. I don't even see any RUMORS as to packer visits. Where's Daniel Graham? Oh wait just signed with Denver. Where's a running back other than overrated McGahee??

I hope for a dynasty. And I think we're headed int he right direction. But let's not crown TT jsut yet.

Just my .02 cents.

Comment

"Wait, wait - he didn't sign Tony Gonzalez????!?!!!!!

Fire the b-stard!"
        what a bunch of idiots, we couldn't dumbass, he got resigned by the cheifs

Originally posted by princefielder28
        Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
          wow, how do people get that stupid? It seriously makes my head hurt.

TT has been money since before he even came to GB. I like how they all completely ignore the fact that he built the Seahawks into a Super Bowl caliber team with similar strategies as what he has used to rebuild the Packers. Smart GM's know that you build through the draft.
          you are a smart man

Comment

Who said anything about tony gonzalas????

I love how you give total credit to TT for Seattle's RECENT success.

TT for prez.............

Comment

Ya the Patriots use that strategy. Building through the draft. That's why they are the youngest team in the nfl...oh wait they aren't.

Each team is different. There isn't one way to do things. TT has his strategy. I'm just saying I'm not sold....

Comment

Originally posted by Mwkick View Post
                Ya the Patriots use that strategy. Building through the draft. That's why they are the youngest team in the nfl...oh wait they aren't.

Each team is different. There isn't one way to do things. TT has his strategy. I'm just saying I'm not sold....
                Your not sold, Im not sold, and I doubt Brett is either. He wants help and I just wish TT would help him a little. Moss and or McGahee would give us a legit shot this year and wouldnt even max out our cap.

^tek

Comment

Exactly. And no offense, but I'm not a big fan of McGahee. I don't think he's THAT good...call me crazy. Moss I'd love though. Legitly open up the offense.

Comment

Time will tell gentlemen. I'm a huge packer fan and I know that I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post. But it seems like everyone just jumped on board once the pack started winning. The 8-8 record is inflated. I think it's a little false hope. I don't think the packers r that close to a title. Their defense was one of only a few that went the entire year with having only one starter miss a game. They lack depth and one or two injuries and they are right back to where they started. Their safeties are a mess. Their tackling isn't solid. I'm still nto sold on their d-ends either. And Manuel was a bust to say the least.
                    Their offense lacks weapons. I love McCarthy's creativity. But at times he tries to get too cute. Their o-line, as someone mentioned above is average. The only thing that saves them is the fact that they ARE young. It's sad when you constantly have to put your TE in the backfield to provide EXTRA protection.
                    I hope that another off-season has helped. And the weak NFC will always provide hope, but it's foolish to say TT is great. Let's not forget a guy by the name of Mike Holmgren in Seattle. Don't give full credit to TT there. Holmgren brought Hasslebeck. Without him, they had....Trent Dilfer.
                    I am frustrated by TT's patience. I agree to not overspend, but there's so much money out there. Why not add a few veterans? Especially at areas of need. I don't even see any RUMORS as to packer visits. Where's Daniel Graham? Oh wait just signed with Denver. Where's a running back other than overrated McGahee??

I hope for a dynasty. And I think we're headed int he right direction. But let's not crown TT jsut yet.

Just my .02 cents.
                    First of all I've always been a TT supporter, I was one of the only ones on this site who stood up for him when he first came to GB, even most of the GB fans here wanted his head without giving him a chance. It was clear to me that his plan was to cut lose all of the overpaid underperforming veterans that the Packers roster had become bloated with under the Sherman regime and begin a much needed infusion of youth and talent. Don't get me wrong, Sherman was a great coach, but in his final years he did a real number on the roster and left us hurting. Everybodies first knock on TT is that he dismantled a playoff team. The reality is that we could have probably made the playoffs several more times with that roster but we were never real contenders. Sure we had a couple of down years but TT has gotten us to a position where the team is filled with youth, speed, and talent and with another good draft or two and some key free agents we can have a team that can seriously contend and do so for a long time. I have more realistic expectations than some here, I think GB is still a few years away from contending and probably at least another year away from even making the playoffs. Like you said we need quality depth at several positions as well as quality starters at SS, RB, OLB, TE, and FB. I'm not so sure we can get all the pieces this year. It is frustrating at times but I'm really glad that TT isn't spending outrageous amounts of money on guys that just aren't worth it.
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

I never said there's only one way to build a team. The Patriots are as successful as they are because they have one of the greatest coaches ever and a great QB. Take away Belichicks great football mind and that roster isn't all that impressive. He runs complex schemes so he needs veterans who are smart and can understand and execute them rather than young athletic playmakers who may not play within the scheme as well. Most coaches aren't on Belichicks level though and wouldn't be nearly as successful in NE as he is.
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

they still built that team thorugh the draft, it's not an over night process, it takes years, but after those years and years of all those guys playing together, they become really good. Thats why they won 3 out 4 years

Comment

Who said anything about tony gonzalas????

I love how you give total credit to TT for Seattle's RECENT success.

TT for prez.............
                          my bad, I got that off of that firepackersgm.com link, thought it was funny

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/...b03d271ba6de98

God I just want to punch them all. I almost signed up to tell them how ******* stupid they are.
                            wow, that's incredibly stupid.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                              wow, that's incredibly stupid.
                              lets just hope non of them find this forum

Comment

Originally posted by M1Koter View Post
                                lets just hope non of them find this forum
                                I hope you're right!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information