the Ted Thompson lovestravaganza

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Did you guys not read the team forum????? Homosexual behavior towards Brett Favre is encouraged!!
    Can you explain your posts in the Off-Topic then???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Hmmm this seems like a good time to bring this sorry thread back.

Now explain why TT is the best GM and knows how to draft?

^tek

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
        Hmmm this seems like a good time to bring this sorry thread back.

Now explain why TT is the best GM and knows how to draft?
        Sorry I can't do that at this moment

Comment

TT is really pissing me off on how he seems to evaluate prospects on 75% character, 22% college production and 3% measurables. His picks could work out - everyone he drafted seems to be a potential starter for us, but I am getting really sick of us trading back to let other teams get the big names and passing up other players so we can pick the guy who did the most charity work.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by GB12
            God, I hate those that are being all pissy about this. It's Ted Thompson, give them a chance! Some of them are head scratchers, but come on look at his past drafts, how did they turn out. The man knows what he is doing.
            Originally posted by GB12
            To all those bitching about the Packers draft *coughprincefieldercough* please shut it. Thompson got the guys he wanted, have you not seen what the guys he wanted in past years have done. Now I can't say I was expecting those picks, hell I didn't even know who James Jones was, but that's Thompson's style. All of them probably won't turn out, but I have a hard time believing that after those very successful drafts he all of a sudden loses his abilities. Harrell was the right pick at 16 given the situation. Olsen didn't warrent to go that high and WR would have been plain stupid. I was thinking Branch at the time, but I actually like Harrell better.
            Stop the hating.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
              TT is really pissing me off on how he seems to evaluate prospects on 75% character, 22% college production and 3% measurables. His picks could work out - everyone he drafted seems to be a potential starter for us, but I am getting really sick of us trading back to let other teams get the big names and passing up other players so we can pick the guy who did the most charity work.
              This isn't ******* Madden, you don't draft players based on their name recognition.

Ted knows more about evaluating players than any of us so let him do his damn job. Ya'll did this same ******** last year and cried about every move he made until it was apparent that they were actually good moves and then everybody was all over his jock.
              Originally posted by njx9
              i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                This isn't ******* Madden, you don't draft players based on their name recognition.

Ted knows more about evaluating players than any of us so let him do his damn job. Ya'll did this same ******** last year and cried about every move he made until it was apparent that they were actually good moves and then everybody was all over his jock.
                The players he drafted were good last year, they were proven against elite competition and they did it for their college careers. Harrell played well his junior year but was injured this year, Jackson really never excelled to the next level like many hoped, and James played solid one year at SAN JOSE STATE

Comment

Vince, I am just stating how I feel and I don't think that I should be negatively repped for it. I feel that Ted Thompson made mistakes in this year's draft and I am not going to say that I think he did a fine job when in reality it's a bit shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    Vince, I am just stating how I feel and I don't think that I should be negatively repped for it. I feel that Ted Thompson made mistakes in this year's draft and I am not going to say that I think he did a fine job when in reality it's a bit shaky.
                    You've done nothing but ***** all night and it's gotten extremely old....... thanks for the -rep back though. ;)
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

You've done nothing but ***** all night and it's gotten extremely old....... thanks for the -rep back though. ;)
                      hey no problem :)

Comment

I am simply sick of seeing him draft 1 type of player.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                          I am simply sick of seeing him draft 1 type of player.
                          yea, we really need to start bringing in some thugs, enough of these good football players who are good people.

Comment

K well even if you assume that his prospects turn out, and that all our trading down was a good thing, why the hell didnt we offer our 4th for Moss. That is a need. TT is way too cheap. Everyone says hes saving it, but for what? He never spends anything. Our key pickup during FA...Frank Walker. Yeaaaa.

^tek

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
                              K well even if you assume that his prospects turn out, and that all our trading down was a good thing, why the hell didnt we offer our 4th for Moss. That is a need. TT is way too cheap. Everyone says hes saving it, but for what? He never spends anything. Our key pickup during FA...Frank Walker. Yeaaaa.
                              from all accounts GB did offer a 4th rounder, the problem was that Moss wasn't willing to redo his contract for anybody but NE. As far as spending money on FA's, he proved last year that he's more than willing to if he believes the players are worth it. The FA crop this year was extremely poor and the contracts they were getting were outrageous, not good value at all except for a couple players. He also has dished out some big contracts resigning our own players which is where he prefers to spend the money. You don't spend money just because you have it, there's gotta be value you're getting in return. Also, GB being the small market team that they are, does not have unlimited funds like a Dallas or Washington. We can't afford to just simply outbid everybody for players.

Comment

from all accounts GB did offer a 4th rounder, the problem was that Moss wasn't willing to redo his contract for anybody but NE. As far as spending money on FA's, he proved last year that he's more than willing to if he believes the players are worth it. The FA crop this year was extremely poor and the contracts they were getting were outrageous, not good value at all except for a couple players. He also has dished out some big contracts resigning our own players which is where he prefers to spend the money. You don't spend money just because you have it, there's gotta be value you're getting in return. Also, GB being the small market team that they are, does not have unlimited funds like a Dallas or Washington. We can't afford to just simply outbid everybody for players.
                                I agree with everything but the last part. Being a small market team doesn't hurt our ability to sign FAs. With the cap we have just as much funds as the big markets.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information