No announcement yet.

Packers Draft Day Discussion 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's cool. We were liking him in the second on here. I don't think we needed to take multiple linemen this year, but Lang and Merideth are both solid picks.

Comment

• No idea why Meredith tumbled so far, but that is great for the 5th round.

Comment

• Hm.. Yahoo's draft tracker is messed up. Who'd Green Bay pick?

Comment

• Johnson should be a good situational player. Maybe play a bit more of that full house backfield. He should also pair with Matthews to really help the special teams.

Comment

• excellence.

If somebody told me on Friday that GB was gonna get BJ Raji, Clay Matthews, TJ Lang and Jamon Meredith, i'd be mostly happy but kinda curious how we made it work.

can't wait for august. i wonder if we just drafted our starting RT in the 5th round.

Comment

• Scott's rankings had both Lang and Meredith going in round 2 or 3... Must be a reason for that.

What I like is they both were D linemen in high school who bulked up in college in order to play offensive line. That means they aren't overweight struggling to stay down, they are guys who packed on muscle mass to reach that weight.

If only 1 of those 2 pan out, I'm happy.

Comment

• I'm still hoping for some D-line depth.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• In a year or two...

Meredith-Colledge-Wells-Spitz-Lang

That looks solid.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

• If Merrideth "straightens out" he'll be good.

The Oline looks like

Merrideth-Colledge-Spitz-Sitton-Lang?

Comment

• Originally posted by drowe View Post
                      excellence.

If somebody told me on Friday that GB was gonna get BJ Raji, Clay Matthews, TJ Lang and Jamon Meredith, i'd be mostly happy but kinda curious how we made it work.

can't wait for august. i wonder if we just drafted our starting RT in the 5th round.
                      Tell me about it. This is ******* awesome.

Now if you can grab me a DE I will forever be indebted to you Ted.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Alright... who's the best of what's left at DE/DT (Kinda interchangeable in the 3-4, right?) that'll make you cream your pants at the mere selection of him?

Comment

• Meredith is such an amazing pick. I thought we might take him in round 2 as a future LT. Great fit on our OL. The competition there is going to be very fierce and the future looks a lot brighter for that group than it did two days ago. These two OL we picked up are light years ahead of anyone we've drafted for the OL since Colledge.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• This draft has been a dream so far. I had much lower expectations. I was thinking a starter in R1 and someone to compete in R2. Turns out we have two perfect fit starts from R1, made a world of progress on the OL and added a fullback that will be an immediate upgrade. Special teams also got major upgrades; need a punter though.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Draft Graham Cano in the 6th or 7th. He'll be an adequate Punter AND give legit competition to Mason Crosby year in and year out.

Comment

• Ringer is gone, that's a bit disappointing. Jean-Francois would be awesome.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information