Clear All

Ken Hamlin

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
      Ken Hamlin
      I wouldn't like the addition of Hamlin, too much like Collins

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Don't forget that in the Bates defense the safeties are interchangable. There is no standard 'strong' or 'free' safety. So a good tackler with good range is what we should be looking for.

And on that note Bates is in Denver this year - is that right? If so I'll be watching the Broncos defense with interest. I have much respect for bates.
        Last edited by Smokey; 03-11-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Draft board top 10
          1 M. Lynch
          2 R. Nelson
          3 G. Olsen
          4 T. Ginn Jr.
          5 R. Meachem
          6 J. Beason
          7 M. Griffin
          8 D. Jarrett
          9 B. Meriweather
          10 J. Durant

Texans want a 2nd or 3rd for Carr.....3rd and K. Barry could get him here Texans need a line if they want Schaub to succeed plus Barry played well for Sherman in the past. That was if the Packers did indeed trade Rodgers 4 Moss which i dont think will happen.

*so if im TT in order to trade Rodgers for Moss i'd like to have this trade with Houston settled and pull the trigger. Carr is a veteren now who is tough like Brett Favre (but not nearly as tough as ironman and Aaron is fragile the only came he gets in he breaks his ankle good future there haha) and should be able to pick up the system fast.

***If Im TT I saw screw what the fans think about Randy Moss because its all about winning and HE WILL help us win! ***

Comment

I like Carr, hes older than Rodgers but still good also glad to see Durant on the bb

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Why would we trade for David Carr??? We have Aaron Rodgers and if we acquire Crr, Rodgers will never see the field and it would have been the biggest waste of a 1st round pick since Jamaal Reynolds.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                Why would we trade for David Carr??? We have Aaron Rodgers and if we acquire Crr, Rodgers will never see the field and it would have been the biggest waste of a 1st round pick since Jamaal Reynolds.
                He was saying that if we want to give Rodgers away for Moss then we should turn around and give a 3rd and Barry for Carr, which seems pretty unlikely for everything to fall into place like that, but i wouldn't be against it since I like Carr. There is no way TT would part with a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get Carr, when we have Rodgers.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                  I said if they were to trade Rodgers for Moss then get Carr, which we wont need to trade it sounds as if hes getting cut. Texans said they were willin to trade him 2 Miami just to swap 1st round picks, so move from 10 to 9.

DURANT IS A STUD! No offense to Poppinga i mean he did a very solid job except he can cover 4 s*** but he got a lil better at the end but I'd take Durant over him any day of the week.

Hawk Barnett Durant
                  Poppinga and Hodge filling in, that is monsterish

As for if im TT

you almost have to believe we have to trade down if Marshawn is not there unless he is sold on the ball-hawking Reggie Nelson who could still bet here if we trade down but i doubt it. Getting an extra 2nd is huge and maybe an extra 4th rounder for Barry. The thing that dictates this draft the most is if we get Moss or not. Without him WR is a big need, with him not so big of a need. Plane and simply we need a RB,SS,TE,WR. olb is a sorta need but not to important that we need to spend an early pick on it (Unless its Beason there in the second or Durent in the 3th)

Comment

If we trade down how do you like
                    1. WR Meachem
                    2. SS Meriweather
                    2. TE Patrick
                    3. HB Pittman OR OLB Durant
                    4. ...................> HB Bradshaw (look him up on youtube hes the next Warrick Dunn)

Comment

Originally posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
                      If we trade down how do you like
                      1. WR Meachem
                      2. SS Meriweather
                      2. TE Patrick
                      3. HB Pittman OR OLB Durant
                      4. ...................> HB Bradshaw (look him up on youtube hes the next Warrick Dunn)
                      I would be very satisfied with that

Comment

As of right now:

1. Extend Nick Barnett and Corey Williams.
                        2. Approach Favre, Franks, Clifton, KGB, and Tauscher and ask them how they feel about pay cuts.
                        3. Sign Chris Brown, Sign David Carr, Re-Sign William Henderson
                        4. Do the reported deal of Rodgers, a 7th Rounder, and a Conditional pick for Moss and Anderson.

Then run the first day of the draft like this (based on whos available in Scotts mock):

1. Robert Meachem
                        2. Eric Weddle
                        3. Josh Wilson

Final 53 Man Roster:

QB: Brett Favre, David Carr, Ingle Martin
                        WR: Donald Driver, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Robert Meachem, Ruvell Martin (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?)
                        RB: Chris Brown, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron
                        FB: William Henderson
                        TE: Bubba Franks, Courtney Anderson, Donald Lee
                        LT: Chad Clifton, Tony Moll
                        LG: Daryn Colledge, Tony Palmer
                        C: Scott Wells, Tyson Walter
                        RG: Jason Spitz, Junius Coston
                        RT: Mark Tauscher, Kevin Barry

LE: Aaron Kampman, Jason Hunter
                        RE: Cullen Jenkins, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
                        LCB: Charles Woodson, Will Blackmon, Patrick Dendy
                        RCB: Al Harris, Josh Wilson, Frank Walker
                        SS: Eric Weddle, Marquand Manuel
                        FS: Nick Collins, Charlie Peprah, Marviel Underwood
                        DLT: Corey Williams, Colin Cole
                        DRT: Ryan Pickett, Johnny Jolly
                        SLB: Brady Poppinga, Spencer Havner
                        MLB: Nick Barnett, Abdul Hodge
                        WLB: A.J. Hawk, Tracy White

K: Dave Rayner
                        P: Jon Ryan
                        LS: Rob Davis

Comment

If they trade for Moss I doubt they draft Robert Meachem too.

Comment

I know TT won't. But I would :)

Comment

Originally posted by cordscords View Post
                              I know TT won't. But I would :)
                              I guess thats why it's called "If you were TT"

Comment

Even with a trade down, I still think we can get a better WR then Meachem.

I would take Ginn, Jarrett or Bowe ahead of Meachem

Jarret:
                                Strengths: Possesses outstanding size. Is tall with a solid build and good overall strength. He is a fluid athlete for his size. Shows the ability to sink his hips and get in and out of breaks without gearing down. He uses his frame to effectively shield defenders from the ball. He has big, soft hands. Adjusts well to the ball and does a great job of catching the ball over his shoulder. Can pluck on the run and makes many spectacular catches in traffic. Not afraid to go over the middle. Will secure the ball and hold onto it when taking the big hit. He is a tough runner after the catch and will drag smaller defenders for yards after initial contact. He's a huge weapon in the red zone. Wins most jump-ball situations. Will give a decent effort as a blocker and displays the size and strength to hold his blocks once locked on.

Bowe:
                                Strengths: Possesses outstanding size and adequate speed for a bigger receiver. He is a fluid and smooth athlete. Shows a high ceiling for development and continues to improve with more experience. He is learning to use his wide wingspan to his advantage as a route-runner. He has long arms and big hands. A potential weapon on jump-balls, fade routes, red zone, etc. His hands are extremely strong and he shows the ability to take the ball away from defenders in the air. He does a good job of catching the ball over his head. He possesses excellent body control and balance for a bigger receiver. He lacks ideal initial burst or acceleration after the catch, but he's a shifty and physical runner that will make the first defender miss and carry the second defender a few yards before going down. Gives a good effort as a blocker and should continue to improve in this area with better technique. Certainly big and strong enough to become an effective stalk blocker in the NFL.

Meachem:
                                Strengths: Possesses very good size and above average speed for a bigger receiver. His initial burst is impressive, and he shows consistent ability to drive defensive backs off the line of scrimmage. He possesses long arms and big hands. Knows how to use his body to shield defenders. Can pluck on the run, gets upfield extremely quickly for his size and also shows the ability to consistently make the first defender miss. He is a strong runner who will break attempted arm tackles versus smaller DBs in the open field.

So, if I were TT I would most definately trade down a couple of spots with these gentlemen still on the board, assuming Ginn is gone, and take the best of the three remaining
                                USS New Hampshire SSN 778

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information