X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers-Cardinals, Preseason Week 3

When: Friday @ 9pm CT in Arizona

Raji will play around 20-25 snaps.

Sutton will get some work with the 1st unit.

Flynn, Matthews, and Barnett are doubtful.

Starters are expected to play the entire 1st half and possibly a little bit into the 3rd quarter.

Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston are both in question weather they play or not.
    Last edited by cvv84; 08-26-2009, 06:22 PM. Reason: Cards WR update

This is the biggest test before the regular season. I was hoping Barnett would be ready for this one, Matthews as well. Those two missing this live action is gonna set them back a little bit. Raji was very dominant in penetrating the protection last game. Hope to see more of that. I'm so pumped for this game.

Comment

I like that we face one of the league's best offenses in the most crucial preseason game. We'll get a good idea of where our defense stands and what flaws still need to be worked out.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Dang, wish it was on Saturday again. I probably won't be able to watch this one.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          Dang, wish it was on Saturday again. I probably won't be able to watch this one.
          Meh, it always re-airs on NFL network.

I wish Boldin were playing.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Yeah I've got cable, no NFL Network. I also don't have a DVR, although I really should have gotten one for this season. I guess I could dig through the closet and dust off the VCR.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              Yeah I've got cable, no NFL Network. I also don't have a DVR, although I really should have gotten one for this season. I guess I could dig through the closet and dust off the VCR.
              Where do you live? I know they've been rebroadcasting the game afterwards. This week it starts at 12:30am.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                Where do you live? I know they've been rebroadcasting the game afterwards. This week it starts at 12:30am.
                I'm in the Milwaukee area. And yeah, I forgot about that. I rewatched some of last weeks game late night when nothing else was on. Cool.

Comment

You can always go to tenyardtorrents and download the games. That's usually what I end up doing during the regular season since I dont' get very many Pack games out in CA...unless its national TV. I usually just watch streams which are crappy quality and freeze all the time when the game airs live...then the next day I download a HD broadcast from somebody who recorded the game and uploaded it on tenyardtorrents, and just watch it again but in much better quality

Comment

5 things to watch in Friday night's game

1. The Packersí starters will play at least a half, their longest preseason opportunity to show the domination of the past two weeks wasnít a fluke.

Itís an especially intriguing test for the new 3-4 defense, which hasnít yielded a point but will be facing veteran QB Kurt Warner, All-Pro WR Larry Fitzgerald and an Arizona offense that last season ranked second in the NFL in passing yards (292.1 per game), third in points (26.7) and fourth in total yards (365.8).

2. Another week, another crucial opportunity for No. 3 QB Brian Brohm, who will play most of the second half because No. 2 QB Matt Flynn is sidelined with a bruised throwing shoulder.

On Wednesday, coach Mike McCarthy called out Brohm for poor decisions in practice, adding, ďHe needs to go out there and have some success (tonight).Ē

The former second-round pick simply isnít playing fast enough, and this might be his last best chance to show he can do it.

3. SS Atari Bigby isnít his old self eight months after significant ankle surgery, and his lack of explosion has raised some red flags.

So far, Bigby hasnít gotten the playmaking opportunities many expected he would in the new scheme, but when he does get chances, he needs to cut it loose and show he deserves more.

Otherwise, the team will have to at least consider taking a look at Anthony Smith with the starters.

4. RB Tyrell Sutton has racked up a team-high 140 yards on 27 preseason carries (5.2 average) against second- and third-stringers.

On Friday, McCarthy will toss in the diminutive rookie with the starters and see how he responds. If he rises to the challenge, Sutton becomes virtually uncuttable.

5. Extended play for the starters also means extended chances for injuries. In last yearís third preseason game at Denver, Bigby hurt his ankle and WR James Jones and RG Josh Sitton suffered knee sprains ó injuries that ruined the season for all three players.

Not much can be done to stop it from happening, but above all else, emerging from this game healthy would be a victory for the Packers.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...117/1058/PKR01

Comment

Really looking forward to tomorrow. I'd like to see Sutton prove himself against the starters enough to earn a roster spot over Wynn.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

tonight is the night for Brian Brohm. I'm calling it.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                          tonight is the night for Brian Brohm. I'm calling it.
                          Night for what? 4 picks?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

The following Packers players will not play in tonight's game:

8 P Durant Brooks
                            10 QB Matt Flynn
                            22 CB Pat Lee
                            26 S Charlie Peprah
                            27 CB Will Blackmon
                            37 S Aaron Rouse
                            52 LB Clay Matthews
                            56 LB Nick Barnett
                            91 DE Justin Harrell

Starting Lineup Changes:
                            On defense, Brandon Chillar (#54) will start at MLB for Nick Barnett (56).

The following Cardinals players will not play in tonight's game:

2 QB Brian St. Pierre
                            15 WR Steve Breaston
                            18 WR Michael Ray Garvin
                            52 OLB Cody Brown
                            73 DT Keilen Dykes
                            81 WR Anquan Boldin
                            95 LB Ali Highsmith

Starting Lineup Changes:
                            On offense, Jerheme Urban (#85) will start at WR for Anquan Boldin (81).

Comment

Spitz has to see that faster. Defense goes offsides he needs to snap it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information