Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers-Bucs-Week 9

This game will be interesting for a few reasons:

-We'll get to see a first round QB get his first carreer start.

-The return of Clifton and Tauscher to the starting lineup.

-Tampa will be wearing their throwback, bright orange unis (excellence).

Otherwise, it's another one of those games. Packers are the far superior team to the Bucs...just like the other 30 NFL teams.

But, it's on the road...they're coming off a bye....we're coming off an emotional game....we have a huge game vs Dallas next week. It's the right formula for a let down. I feel this game will annoy us severely. but, Tampa is pretty ******* bad, so it should be a win.

if not, time to start thinking about the draft. :)

Originally posted by drowe View Post

-Tampa will be wearing their throwback, bright orange unis (excellence).
    I'm sure they'll be playing like they used to when they wore those as well.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

This really shouldn't be a contest. The Bucs are starting a rookie QB, are in a complete team transition, and are giving the 08 Lions a run for their money as one of the worst teams ever to field a season.

The Bucs have the 25th ranked offense and the 25th ranked defense. They're giving up an average of 29 points per game while we're scoring an average of 26.7 points per game.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        I'm sure they'll be playing like they used to when they wore those as well.
        I want to see the old navy blue and puke brown Green Bay uni's. Bring them back, bring them back!

I've done enough pouting about last week, let's just consider it a "hiccup". Like Kampman said, they were 2-2 in the 1st quarter of the season and have a chance to be 3-1 in the 2nd quarter with a win against Tampa.

Go down there, take care of business, and move on.

Comment

I'm excited to see our defense going up against Josh Freeman this week. I expect another blowout similar to the Lions/Browns games.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Y'know, there was a time, early to mid 80's or so, when Tampa Bay was a respectable ballclub and had some nice players- almost made the Super Bowl only five years after their conception. This was while they were wearing these same 'creamsicle' uniforms which are universally lauded as 'loser' unis.

Sometimes perception can be a real [BLEEP]. Take away all the losing and tell me it's still a bad design.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
              I want to see the old navy blue and puke brown Green Bay uni's. Bring them back, bring them back!
              Good lord, those didn't translate well. I thought they were neat back in '94... but I was nine and didn't know crap.

But if you want a 'comparable' uni to Tampa's, go with the 1950's threads. Reasonably standard design for the era, just tainted by all the suckitude.

Comment

Hah, your right about that. Still, if Denver and the Jets can sport the "uggo" uniforms, I think the Packers could get away with it for atleast one game.

I miss watching Green Bay run Dilfer ragged... Let's start the Josh Freeman era off on the same note.

Comment

supposed to be real windy down there tomorrow, expect a lot of running.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I'm scared that if we don't win tomorrow, we'll go 0-16. :(

Comment

I really hope AJ Hawk plays up to the level that we drafted him. He is going to have a real nice opportunity tomorrow to prove that he can play in this defense. Also, I hope we pressure the crap out of that QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                        Yeah well, ha, be very afraid then.

Comment

Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
                          I really hope AJ Hawk plays up to the level that we drafted him. He is going to have a real nice opportunity tomorrow to prove that he can play in this defense. Also, I hope we pressure the crap out of that QB.
                          He had a real nice opportunity to prove it to start the season and didn't capitalize on it then. I noticed though that whenever Hawk gets called out in the media he shows up for a game or two so you never know.

I know they don't really have any choice but I really think they should have sat Freeman the entire year. Leftwich has at least won some games in his career but I think he could've found a way to win 1 or 2 games this year. Freeman... I'm not so sure.
                          Last edited by cvv84; 11-07-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Well if it happens, atleast you won't be MAKING history...That was Detroit. You would just be adding to it. Oh and atleast you get to lose in warm weather. I don't know, to me that just seems like it would make it more bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              Yeah well, ha, be very afraid then.
                              :(

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                              I know they don't really have any choice but I really think they should have sat Freeman the entire year. Leftwich has at least won some games in his career but I think he could've found a way to win 1 or 2 games this year. Freeman... I'm not so sure.
                              When you're 0-7 I guess it really doesn't matter. I don't think he is ready to start, but I guess it really doesn't matter at this stage.

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                              Well if it happens, atleast you won't be MAKING history...That was Detroit. You would just be adding to it. Oh and atleast you get to lose in warm weather. I don't know, to me that just seems like it would make it more bearable.
                              There is always a silver lining!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information