Packers-49ers, Week 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers-49ers, Week 11

I'll be going to the game this weekend (1-2 record while attending). Coming off a good win vs Dallas, it's a game we definitely should win if we're going to make the playoffs. Alex Smith vs Aaron Rodgers storyline. Finley should be back.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Should be a good game. I expect the Packers to win but it won't be easy. The 49ers have built a pretty good front 7 but they're starting some young and inexperienced CBs. We should shut down Alex Smith but you never know. Crabtree might have a big game but I don't expect Vernon Davis too.

Packers 24
    49ers 16

Comment

The 49ers do not have a good offense. And for the first time in a while, I am confident in saying Green Bay has a good run defense. If they can contain Gore and keep VD (not venereal disease) in check, they should pull this one out at HOME.

Hopefully they build off of last week and get some consistency going...fewer penalties, less sacks, the same O-line rotation, etc.

Comment

Game plan is simple; load the box, stop the run and make Alex Smith beat you.

Comment

This is the kind of game we HAVE TO win if we're gonna talk about the Playoffs. Anything less than 7-4 a week from now and it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
            This is the kind of game we HAVE TO win if we're gonna talk about the Playoffs. Anything less than 7-4 a week from now and it's over.
            This game would be a real nice win, but I don't think the season is over if the Packers lose.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I think we should win this game but we have to do it with defense. That means covering VD, Crabs and Josh Morgan. Too bad we only have 1 Charles Woodson, at least we have Alex Smith on our side.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

This game is season-defining. It will tell all us 1 of 2 things. Either the loss against Tampa was a fluke, or the beat down of Dallas was a fluke. With a win tomorrow, and at 6-4, they are in the middle of the playoff race.

Too soon to look down the road yeah. But I definitely don't think it's too soon to say if they lose...They might as well kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Comment

Wells and his back up deitrich-smith are both listed as Questionable... Could technically be starting a 4th string center.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    Wells and his back up deitrich-smith are both listed as Questionable... Could technically be starting a 4th string center.
                    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Wells is expected to start.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2009/11/20/4/

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                      I wouldn't worry too much about it. Wells is expected to start.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2009/11/20/4/
                      Good news, but you still gotta be cautious about concussions. We're still short on the Oline... Time to think about having ol' Havner make a start on the Oline?
                      Last edited by TitleTown088; 11-21-2009, 02:02 PM.

they get smoked.

Comment

Maybe my opinion is bleak, but in this situation you might see either Wells or D-S active or playing on a day that they shouldn't be...but the franchise's options are very limited. To be honest though the Packers seem to be pretty good about putting health over winning, relatively speaking.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

They do. They didn't rush Kampman back, even though they didn't need to. Still as weak as they are at O-line, you gotta hope they aren't putting hurt players out there when they aren't quite ready to do. Players have more say than they should though...

Did I see that right? Green Bay outscores opponents 61-28 in the 1st quarter. It seems like the Packers always go 3 and out in the early going. Solid first drive though.

Comment

No Nate Clemens, Takeo Spikes, or Joe Staley for the 49ers. That should change the game big time.

Comment

wow redzone offense, wtf. punch it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information